• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct announced for September 14th

Also, Another Code getting remade to feel more like Life is Strange is neat. that art style is lovely.

a few months ago:

Fq4VUZHX0AgXb_r.jpg

now: TOO MUCH MARIO

Fellow Process trusters, it is what it is. The Process has made us wait this long, and we're adding yet another Nintendo Direct to that wait. The Promised Land is a thing of beauty, but it will take just a bit more time until we get there.

Sora amiibo being announced for 2024 makes me think we see Smash 7 announced with the new system next year

Princess Peach Showtime looks good but still can't pin down who's doing it. TTYDHD seems like it ought to rule out IntSys, but it feels like it's beyond Good-Feel's capacity and NLG released Mario Strikers last year. Then again, TTYDHD could be outsourced, and probably didn't take four years from the Paper Mario team, though idk how much the HD version updates

Fire Emblem not showing up isn't a huge deal, I wouldn't be surprised if it releases on Switch after the new system. Prime 4 is still a Switch game, who knows what its deal is. I think we see another Direct in February for Switch and the next system is shown off in June. May as well show Zelda ports and whatever the Bandai-Namco remaster is then as well

Don't expect too much of Another Code, if you haven't played them.
Charming at times but also a bit bland and not very deep.
The second game even more so.

The Hotel Dusk/Last Window games (same developer) were better and much more interesting, imo.

I didn’t even realize it at the time, but Mario Vs DK isn’t even a new game, it’s a remake?

Damn we really got no brand new first party games in this thing huh.

So is F-Zero GX not a thing, and it was F-Zero 99 instead? Or is GX still expected later?

I think GX is probably real on account of the fact that the team working on 99 is very different from the team that would be working on a GX remaster and I would have expected them to have leaked from different places. Assuming Nate has good info about this (he seemed pretty confident about F-Zero GX HD iirc).

Nothing too spectacular. The big games are being saved for Switch 2. Having said that, there were some pretty cool announcements and games in there.

They put the hot stuff on the calendar to light up switch sales this holiday. It feels like the games for first half of 2024 are the dregs of whatever was in the works for switch before the successor is announced. It's sort of a laughable amount of remakes when you count them up.

Their remaster announcement choices are definitely interesting. It seems every rumored remaster based on insider talks is going to end up being real at some point, but the order their announcing them is anyone’s guess. Here they are marketing a remake of a classic Mario rpg coming this year, and then they just go and announce TTYD remastered. Kind of an odd choice for this Direct.

Nintendo is remaking/porting all the GCN games they can and think is viable from now on, it will be GX turn one day because they think F-Zero is worth investing into to some degree if not F-Zero 99 wouldnt happen

or that they love @VolcanicDynamo's guts.
Correct.

I'm sorry to every DK fan, but Famiboards' #1 Super Mario Fan is eating good with these last few Directs. Peach Showtime? Amazing. Mario RPG? Looks great. Mario Kart DLC? Pauline and the DK cast is here! WarioWare? Heck yeah. TTYD??? It looks AMAZING.

Like objectively, not a lot of variety. But it catered to me specifically. Which is rad!

TTYD remake is cool, Wargroove 2 is cool, Side Order looks hype.

Meh overall tho. Ik the FE4 remake was never confirmed but I was really hoping we'd see that. Metroid Prime 4 is still a no show, too. :(

Honestly confused as to what the release timing for FE4 remake will be, assuming it’s real.
they probably feel there's been too much fire emblem so they're giving Engage a little bit of time. not saying it sold poorly or didn't make money, but it probably sold below expectations.

Nintendo really likes to sit on FE games. I just assume at this point there’s like 5 FE games on an assembly line just waiting to be released.

That direct was ok
Highlights:

Mario Vs. Donkey Kong-I was honestly expecting a new game in the same veins as the GBA one but I guess I got lucky lol anyway looks good

Princess Peach Showtime!- Ngl the game looks great. I actually like the idea but Peach using different costumes and using them in each of their own ways

Another Code-I like seeing Nintendo revisiting old obscure titles and bringing them into a new life. I’m interested in seeing more

Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD-Very surprised they are not using the Dark Moon name but I enjoy 2 so I’m looking forward to playing it again on the switch but Summer next year? That is surely a date

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door HD-…HOLY SHEIT IT LOOKS AMAZING TWO MARIO RPGs JUST FOR ME IM EATING GOOD

Overall the direct was ok, after watching it I can definitely say that the switch era is ending and the Switch 2 is on the horizon. I’m kinda surprised by some 3rd party games not showing up (Gotham Knights, Beyond Good and Evil, Mortal Kombat 1)

I honestly think Fire Emblem is probably cross-generational.

Gut Feeling:

Everything unannounced (but definitely existing) right now, so Metroid Prime 4 and FE, will have native Switch 2 versions launching alongside.

Same for Sailor Peach.

As I suspected nothing of interest for me. Today is Magic 3 though, so it’s all good.

Nothing new for me, but it did remind me to preorder the prince of persia cart.

I want to buy 1000 year door, but I didn't finish it on gamecube, I dunno why I would here.

That Atlus strategy rpg looks good... I hope I remember it.

I want to like the Peach game, but I didn't see enough. Looks too simple.

For those disappointed in the direct remember there is a sop in a few hours, hopefully sony can come through and redeem this day
That's true. I'm not expecting anything too exciting from the SoP either, but since the Direct didn't feature anything I was over the moon about, it'll be nice to see another showcase on the same day.

Judgement day has come for @Ashen_foefoe

Summary here:

very funny to me that someone who made a bunch of relatively safe claims based on existing chatter struck out like that. what did they get right, the Direct itself and Peach game being shown?

very funny to me that someone who made a bunch of relatively safe claims based on existing chatter struck out like that. what did they get right, the Direct itself and Peach game being shown?
yeah, and specifically saying no title drop for peach lmao

I'm convinced Prime 4 will be cross-gen, and we will only see it when the Switch 2 is unveiled.

The Switch version will be a footnote. Something like: "Oh, by the way, this is also coming to the Switch with slightly worse visuals".

It is by now almost confirmed that Nintendo sees Metroid prime 4 as a showcase title for the Switch 2, a game that will really showcase the graphical and other improvements that will be possible on the next console. And maybe Nintendo thinks the best way to make Prime 4 to finally be a big break out hit is for it to stand out as a mega big launch title for the next Nintendo system. Lets say Prime 4 is an epic open world sci fi adventure game with ray tracing, great graphics and incredible gameplay, anyone doesn't think that game would break out harder than every Metroid game before?

It is by now almost confirmed that Nintendo sees Metroid prime 4 as a showcase title for the Switch 2, a game that will really showcase the graphical and other improvements that will be possible on the next console. And maybe Nintendo thinks the best way to make Prime 4 to finally be a big break out hit is for it to stand out as a mega big launch title for the next Nintendo system. Lets say Prime 4 is an epic open world sci fi adventure game with ray tracing, great graphics and incredible gameplay, anyone doesn't think that game would break out harder than every Metroid game before?
I still feel like it was be cross-gen at the very least

Back
Top Bottom