• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo 2023 Predictions

SpaceGodzilla

Did You Get that Thing I Sent You?
Pronouns
him
Christmas Is Over, Time To Get Ready For The New Year, Speaking Of Which What Are You Expecting From Nintendo In The New Year?

Christmas Is Over, Time To Get Ready For The New Year, Speaking Of Which What Are You Expecting From Nintendo In The New Year?
Expecting a new mainline Mario game next year somewhere near the movie, tons of great DLC, and our first look at Metroid Prime 4 somewhere in there.

I find these prediction things harder then ever, there's no predicting current Nintendo but here I go:

I'm expecting a new Donkey Kong now that he is somewhat back in the spotlight. It's about time. That or they just canned him as a game protagonist entirely for him not being a big enough gamestar.

With Donkey Kong comes a new Mario, now more popular by the mainstream then ever before because of the movie, they will want to milk this one for sure.

Metroid Prime - It's been 800 years.

Rhythm Heaven - It's been slighly less than 800 years.

Announcement of a Zelda movie/series

And the Switch Pro WILL release, this is the year. They're doing it for Mario and Zelda, this is NX all over again. Seeing as Nintendo has no plans for new tech and would like to extend their succes this is the way to go. Still counted as current gen.

And of course Nintendo will open a new location for its amusement park in the Netherlands and will have frigging windmills that actually work because that's the one redeeming feature of our country and all people from Japan love it - no exception. This will enable me to come visit and not be jealous anymore.

Beginning of the Nintendo x Jaleco crossover series, two gaming legends united at last:

Urban Champion x Fuun Shaolin Ken
Luigi's Mansion x Avenging Spirit
F Zero x City Connection
Hamtaro Ham-Hams Unite x Urusei Yatsura Lum's Wedding Bell

Not a specific enough question but I take it it's about the first party offerings of Nintendo.

I'm expecting not much beside what's already been announced. Few smaller titles to fill in the gaps between Zelda, Pikmin and Metroid:

Mario vs DK game by NST
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon gen 9 by Chunsoft
Jet Dragon by Grezzo
That medieval Samurai game by GoodFeel.

Wouldn't be surprising if Nintendo allow studios to do more new IP's while entering the twilight days of the console.

- Metroid Prime 4 gets officially revealed at E3 2023

- Metroid Prime Remastered… please. I’m just done with all the waiting. :(

- Fire Emblem will be great

- TotK will be LIT

- new 2D Mario?

- First really real tangible info about Switch successor after Zelda releases.

- First game rumours; Metroid Prime 4, Mario Kart 9, Dragon Quest XII, new Assassin’s Creed, Call of Duty 2024

• Nintendo do release new hardware, but it doesn't receive any first-party exclusives in 2023
  • Nintendo release new mainline Super Mario
  • Nintendo release Pikmin 4 in September 2023
  • Nintendo and NdCube release a new Animal Crossing spin off in October 2023
  • Metroid Prime HD and Advance Wars Reboot Camp finally release
  • Metroid Prime 4 gets its first proper footage
  • Nintendo launch their first new IP since Game Builder Garage

Prime 4. Surely after 4 years and a half of official development (its probably 5 actually) Retro finally achieved a point where they can make a trailer for the game right? A good one, not a teaser (which will be shown off months earlier in february pls)

Mario 3D game, a Mii game using the Miitopia maker (hopefully Tomodachi Life), Style Savvy Switch, Detective Pikachu 2, Xenoblade 3 Prequel DLC and uhhhh... Donkey Kong?

-- no successor hardware is released in 2023

-- Pikmin 4 is given a September release date, the newly formed Nintendo Pictures releases new animated Pikmin shorts to promote the game

-- we start seeing several remasters to pad out the lineup of the 2nd half (Prime HD, maybe those rumored F-Zero/Kid Icarus ports)

-- we finally see a teaser trailer for Prime 4 in a Direct to go alongside the unveiling of Prime HD

-- Nintendo will announce their next animated movie in a meeting with investors after the success of the Super Mario Bros. movie

-- near the end of the year we will get a 2nd Super Nintendo World Direct with Miyamoto touring the Donkey Kong area at Universal Studios Japan, with an early 2024 opening date given

Aside from Zelda and Pikmin, I also expect a new 3D Mario game, new 2D Donkey Kong, Metroid Prime Trilogy Remaster, Astral Chain 2, new 2D platformer from Good Feel, new game from from Grezzo, new game from Next Level Games, Paper Mario 2 remaster, Kid Icarus Uprising HD .

It‘s gonna be a great year if even get half of those :)

I predict I will be disappointed
  • 2D Mario adventure, hand drawn cartoon artstyle
  • 3D Donkey Kong, Kremlings are back
  • Pokemon Scarlet and Violet DLC
  • Pokemon Free-to-start game with mobile/Switch crossplay
  • NSO Gameboy and Gameboy Color (no Advance) with Pokemon RBY and connectivity to Pokemon Stadium in NSO in February
  • GoldenEye N64 in March
  • Camelot is either gonna make a Mario Sports collection or a new Golden Sun
  • Splatoon 3 single player DLC, coming to NSO EP
  • F-Zero, either GX HD or NX, released in July
  • Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door HD?
  • Advance Wars stealth release in August
  • Pikmin 4 will get delayed to 2024 will get a big trailer at E3 and a release in September
  • Custom Robo PLEASE

I predict

-review threads madness
-Nintendo issuing some copyrights
-smash drama
-console wars
-a Nintendo game people wanted to fail to do extremely well in both sales and reviews
-continuous amount of switch 2 begging
-Pokémon Colosseum to not be mentioned
-Nintendo releases another content deprive game with free DLC Later
-Sony take a game from Microsoft and Nintendo
-Microsoft buys someone else and gives Nintendo a game
-Nintendo gives nothing to Microsoft
-Nintendo and Sony pretend to not care about each other
-Famiboard to fall under my control
-Halaand to score 45 premier league goals

I got nothing else

New Nintendo Switch launches May 12th with TotK, Eldin Ring 2 months later.

Nintendo Switch 2 launches with The Legend Of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom, a new Super Mario and Metroid Prime Remastered.

The rest of Nintendo's fiscal year lineup:

New Donkey Kong, F-Zero, Golden Sun, Pilotwings, Punch-Out!!, Rhythm Heaven, Star Fox, Wario Land & Wave Race
The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker & Twilight Princess Collection (holiday '23 or early '24 still within fiscal year)
Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars HD 2D Remake
Paper Mario All-Stars and/or Mario & Luigi All-Stars
Metroid: Samus Returns Remastered
Kid Icarus: Uprising Remastered
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass Volume 3
NSO Game Boy/Game Boy Color with basic tier and Game Boy Advance with Expansion Pack

Third party lineup:

Armored Core VI: Fires Of Rubicon
Batman: Arkham Tetralogy
Control (Switch 2 native port)
Cyberpunk 2077
The Dark Pictures Anthology Series
Dark Souls Trilogy
Death Stranding: Director's Cut
Deathloop
Devil May Cry 4 & 5 Special Editions
Dishonored Trilogy
Elden Ring
Fallout 3, New Vegas & 4
Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy, XV & VII Remake Intergrade
Grand Theft Auto IV & V
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition
Kingdom Hearts Collection (Switch 2 native ports)
Like A Dragon/Yakuza Collection
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
Metal Gear Solid Remastered Collection
Middle-Earth: Shadow Of Mordor & Shadow Of War Collection
The Orange & Blue Box (Switch 2 native ports of the Half-Life & Portal games)
Prey
Quantic Dream Collection (Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls & Detroit: Become Human)
Quantum Break
The Quarry
Rare Replay
Red Dead Trilogy
Resident Evil 2 Remake, 3 Remake, 4 Remake, 7 & Village (Switch 2 native ports)
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order & Star Wars: Jedi Survivor
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron Trilogy
Street Fighter 6
TimeSplitters Trilogy Remastered
Tomb Raider Classic Collection & Reboot Trilogy
Viewtiful Joe Collection
The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Next Gen (Switch 2 native port)

Last edited:
2023 will be seen as the Switch's last good year but every Nintendo release will be received with the same boring "we need it on new hardware" discussion regardless of the game's actual quality

Having said that Nintendo will probably acknowledge sometime next year that they're making a new console but it won't release until the year after

I've been waiting for a predictions thread. Here are some of mine:

• A fresh 2D Mario will finally be launched in June, allowing for timely advertisements before showings of the Super Mario Bros. Movie. If I had to guess their approach, I'm expecting a "2.5D" game with ample camera movement and paths at different depths.
  • I think we'll finally get a thoroughly reworked Everybody's 1-2 Switch sometime next year. EPD 4 is far too important to throw away a project, even if it takes a long time to make work.
  • Pikmin 4 will not only be launched in 2023, but it will be a huge success. The dandori behavior mechanics and new camera angle will make the game much more accessible and marketable, creating an effect similar to the series-expanding Monster Hunter World.
  • To me, the two big question marks remain Tomodachi and Rhythm Heaven. Tomodachi will likely come out of EPD 4 if it returns, but I suspect that will be further in the future based on the cramped EPD 4 production schedule. Rhythm Heaven, however, I expect to come out at the end of next year as a co-development project between EPD (4, most likely) and indieszero, recently tapped for Sushi Striker, Brain Training, and Big Brain Academy. With demonstrated proficiency with 2D graphics and rhythm games, I see this as a natural fit.
  • It probably won't come out next year, but for a while now we've heard that Nintendo has always been tinkering with Pikmin and Star Fox. Pikmin is accounted for, so I expect the next surprise announcement to be Star Fox. Furthermore, I think it actually makes a lot of sense as an EPD 9 project. While a team of artists and designers of indeterminable size has been supporting Tour and 8 Deluxe, I'm still holding out hope that there's been a smaller project in co-development. This one is a long-shot, but I would love to see the EPD team with arguably the strongest art proficiency take on the series.
  • 3D Mario and Donkey Kong are tricky. It feels like 2D Mario, 3D Mario, and Donkey Kong would be way too much for a single year from a marketing perspective, and more importantly the latter two are likely in co-development in Tokyo. I recently watched the Did You Know Gaming on Mario 128, which has given me the perspective that 3D Mario is likely now in a similar position of pursuing something totally new no matter how long it takes. As such, I suspect that a Tokyo-developed Donkey Kong will come in fall of 2023, while 3D Mario waits another year or more.
  • I wholeheartedly believe in the value of a Splatoon spinoff and I even further believe in the value of Style Savvy Splatoon. It integrates perfectly with the world of Splatoon while also serving an entirely different genre and therefore a new front for interfacing with said world.
  • Dōbutsu no Mori e+ was launched on June 27th, 2003, and deep in my heart I am hoping that Animal Crossing e++ is launched worldwide on June 23, 2023. This would mean sharing a month with 2D Mario, but Mario could come early anyway. Animal Crossing is obviously far bigger than ever before, and I believe that an enhanced remake of the first generation would be very compatible with New Horizons. I'd love such a game to take place between the first and second generations and include Blathers meeting Brewster and finishing his degree within gameplay. I believe one of the primary creative problems of the next game will be approaching the cast in a way that honors their development and keeps things fresh, so returning to an old game to solidify them to modern players would be very beneficial.

That's about all I have. I have no interest in trying to guess what will happen with hardware, so I've tried to sidestep the issue despite the bearing it has on software positioning. Tears of the Kingdom bores me but I'm sure it will come out on time and be renowned. Next year should also be very heavy with expansions, including ongoing support of Mario Kart and Splatoon. All that being said, will be a very interesting year regardless of what happens.

Nintendo's gone through most of their core IPs, some of them more than once. I really hope we get Switch 2 next year.

Only things I’m comfortable predicting for next year:
  • First Direct of the year is in February
  • New hardware announced in the spring. Physically demo’ed to press at E3. Release late summer / early fall.
  • GB and GBA NSO start in Q2 since they seem to be waiting for the 3DS eShop to shutter.
  • Something Metroid Prime related happens
  • Advance Wars ReBoot Camp is released finally
  • We’ll see another Square-Enix game published by Nintendo
  • Mario Clash 2 is the release coinciding with the movie and the 40th Anniversary of Mario Bros.
  • Splatoon 3 DLC is a co-op campaign

Nothing super wild but here’s my list:

-Switch Pro (half gen revision) in April
-Zelda will have special Pro hardware similar to Pokémon S/V and Splat 3
-New Mario announced around movie release
-Metroid Prime HD in first Direct
-NSO console additions in first Direct
-Mario Baseball is the Mario sports game everyone whines about this year (despite good gameplay)

I'm expecting the new hardware to be announced sometimes at the end of summer, and released in 2024. The end of the year will have a big game, hopefully Metroid prime 4. I think that the next 3D Mario game is kept for 2024, when the successor of the switch will release.
I can see a 2D Mario or a 2D Donkey Kong at the end of 2023.
I can also see a first party game that no one expects, something like a Punch Out.
Nothing super wild but here’s my list:

-Switch Pro (half gen revision) in April
Releasing a "pro" console 6 years after the og model, and 2 years after the start of a new generation, would be a very wild thing in my opinion.

I'm expecting the new hardware to be announced sometimes at the end of summer, and released in 2024. The end of the year will have a big game, hopefully Metroid prime 4. I think that the next 3D Mario game is kept for 2024, when the successor of the switch will release.
I can see a 2D Mario or a 2D Donkey Kong at the end of 2023.
I can also see a first party game that no one expects, something like a Punch Out.

Releasing a "pro" console 6 years after the og model, and 2 years after the start of a new generation, would be a very wild thing in my opinion.
I mean more of a bump not a successor

1. New Switch hardware (successor/pro) is announced and will be launched later in the year (Oct/Nov). Everybody will be annoyed at being 'forced' to play TotK on old Switch.

2. Metroid Prime HD finally becomes a real thing. Released this year.

3. We finally get a first look at what Retro have been cooking up with MP4. Game shown this year for release next year.

4. Pikmin 4 is a survival horror game in the style of RE4. Instead of bullets, you shoot Pikmin at the local fauna.

I'm making this up as I go along, so don't be surprised if I write something too out there:
  • The next Switch is real, it's coming in 2023 and it packs quite a punch (also, fully backwards compatible)
  • Third party support will improve, but not in a huge way, with some exceptions.
  • Capcom will go super hard on the new system, not wanting a repeat of the time where even the media used them as the poster boy for "companies that completely misread the Switch's potential".
  • Rockstar Games will have one game ready for it during launch window (GTA V? RDR2?). Comparisons to Bethesda's support of the original Swtch will ensue.
  • 2D Mario AND Donkey Kong will get new entries.
  • First party wise, the original Switch won't be abandoned, but the brunt of the support will consist of already announced games (Advance Wars -yes, it will get a release date!-, Pikmin 4, Metroid Prime 4...) and GameCube/Wii remasters.
  • The next Pokémon mainline games will be OG Switch compatible, though, causing plenty of wailing and gnashing of teeth.
  • Similarly to how the Switch got a new entry in the Bomberman series back when it launched, the next Switch will receive (as a timed exclusive) a brand new Castlevania game.

Last edited:
Lets have some fun with predictions:

1. Metroid Prime 4 teaser where we learn that the game is still before fusion :rolleyes:
  2. We will have a third party collab (a la Ubisoft) that seems odd and sadly its Sumo Digital (their physics on platformers sucks)
  3. Nintendo will acquire a japanese studio and a non-japanese small studio. My guesses Sidebar Games (Golf/Sport story), they are from Australia and MAGES (Famicom Detective Club/ SciAdv VNs) apparently they are entering insolvency (rumor).
  4. The end credits stuff extends to the Mario movie and we see DK looking at the accomplishment of stopping Bowser from taking over and as he goes back home he sees a ship and Gang-Plank Galleon starts playing in the backgroung. Donkey Kong Country: something something kremlings.
  5. Nintendo doom predictions and articles will increase.
  6. There will 2 IP "revivals" (new entries in old series) and 1 new IP. The old series are Golden Sun from Camelot and The Mysterious Murasame Castle from KT. The new IP will be from Good-Feel and its a Goemon-like game (since Ebisu Etsunobu worked on it and its the vice-president of Good-Feel). Will it be co-owned, idk.
  7. Konami will show their new Castlevania project, switch exclusive, cell-shaded and plays like Dread. People will be mad that its exclusive.
There are others but they fall in the "save" category.

I mean more of a bump not a successor
After 6+years, I believe that releasing anything less than a successor would be a very bizarre decision; and in my opinion, the assurance that this new machine wouldn't sell enough to sustain the switch brand until 2028-ish. And I do not believe that Nintendo will release a new hardware around 2025. But well, we're all just speculating, and Nintendo is notorious to fumble success whenever they get a hold of it.

Mario vs DK game by NST
After they developed what's basically a new 3D Mario in Bowser's Fury?? 😰😰😰😰 Not gonna lie I'm gonna be sad.

What I do expect from NST would be Captain Toad 2.

BUT a Mario Vs DK that's more akin to Donkey Kong '94, HELL YEAH GIMME BABY. Think one of these with a higher budget would do fine after the movie too.

There will be a January direct this year:
A 2D Mario will release in April to align with the movie release
Hollow Knight Silksong gets a June release date
Good-Feel's Samurai game launches in July
Pikmin 4 gets an August release date

E3 Direct:
New DK announced by EPD Tokyo, has both 3D and 2D elements, releasing in November
Blood Stained 2: Ritual of the aging hardware gets an October release date
F-Zero GX, Samus Returns, and Kid Icarus Uprising ports announced, releasing in July, September, and October respectively

September Direct:
The Switchual Boy is announced for a March 2024 release date. Powered up Switch with VR capabilities. Compatable with both Gamecube controllers and Wiimotes, fully backwards compatible.
Metroid Prime HD announced for release in December
Metroid Prime 4 fully unveiled, launch title.
Super Mario Galaxy 3 announced, but only a small teaser. Holiday 2024

Last edited:
It's always tricky to predict Nintendo. Next year will be way trickier because we're once again at the point of knowing a new Zelda game is coming. And having a Bayonetta prequel in March makes the prediction of bigger games that generally come that month even harder.
So here we go:
  • Fire Emblem: Engage wil release to critical and fan acclaim, and be the fastest selling game on the franchise, and become the best selling not long after. Some character will be like a goddess that never failed to some and a monster to others in the fandom and the debate will last for months. Everyone will be happy to see their faves again on the emblems, and I will finally be happy again to have a husbando.
  • Nintendo Direct: February 2022 will be as divisive as the February 2021, February 2022 and September 2022 ones. Zelda fans will finally be happy to get served with like 5-7 minutes of the direct dedicated to TotK, showing the backstory, epic moments, new gameplay mechanics and the world. Everyone will be half bummed on yet another trailer of Super Mario Bros. The Movie, moreso on the fact that it's actually looking good. The trailer will focus more on warrior Peach, comic Toads and maybe an emotional Rosalina reveal. But Mario's part won't end there. A reveal trailer of a brand new 3D Mario game will be the Direct closer, will look so good it hurts, will take much from Super Mario Galaxy(emotional story, maybe voice acted), Odyssey and Bowser's Fury(open world) - Holiday 2023. A 2024 game will be teased, making the "Switch is showing its age crowd" go nuts on tech threads. I think the 2024 game revealed can be either Astral Chain 2, Donkey Kong or Metroid Prime 4.
  • Metroid Prime Remake and Metroid Prime 4 will finally be revealed. Metroid Prime Remake will come in either June-September, or October, depending on whether it's announced at February or June, and I predict Nintendo Switch Pro/2 will launch alongside it. Metroid Prime 4 will be either spring 2024(if it's announced at February and MPR is out by the summer) or only 2024(coming in the holidays, if MPR only gets revealed by E3 and is a holiday game)
  • Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon will be a surprise hit and sell fairly well(surpassing 1M), being well received by fans and critics
  • Pikmin 4 will impress everyone with what the base Switch can do, being really photorealistic and more ambitious than ever before, being more accessible for those not into the Pikmin series and will have very good WoM making it a sales success. I see a slight possibility of that one being delayed to 2024
  • Super Mario: Something will be maybe more critically acclaimed than Zelda and end up selling more than Odyssey due to the hype of the movie and the references it will make. It will be flawless.
  • Pokémon Scarlet and Violet will have expansion passes and there will not be third versions nor any new Pokémon games. BUT...
  • Pokémon Legends 2 will be announced for 2024
  • E3 2023 and September Direct will have plenty of announcements for 2024 and beyond that will make a lot of people complain about "OG holding the games back" as everything will be cross gen. All of the games will do fine and look great on both machines.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3: The Pre-Sequel will be Torna-like and also have a retail version.
  • the fabled Action game by Monolith Soft will finally be announced/released
  • Luigi's Mansion 4 will be announced at the September Direct for 2024, met with a lot of "no way it's coming for OG Switch" and "another game held back by cross gen" doomposts
  • copying @Raccoon , I think a remake of the original Animal Crossing (or maybe of the DS game), made with New Horizons engine and assets, also looking better than that one due to reduced scope, will be announced. It's clear than an all new Animal Crossing will not come anytime soon, but they won't let the brand get cold, and a new console will get both new buyers for ACNH and spotlight for the remake.

My other and easier prediction is that no matter how powerful the new Switch is, it won't receive ports of the Rockstar, Ubisoft and EA games everyone begs and thinks didn't come due to power.
FIFA legacy edition is what Drake will get as well, but with higher resolution and frame rate.
CoD 2024 will come to Switch and Drake, MS will get that done.
Resident Evil 7, 8, 9 whenever it comes, REmakes 2, 3 and 4 will come to Drake, an exclusive/timed exclusive Resident Evil game(Revelations 3? Something new marketed like 9 but not 9?) will come to Switch and Drake.
Monster Hunter Rise 2 will happen in either 2024 or 2025 and be Switch/Drake timed exclusive again.

• A new hardware presentation with a bunch of new trailers (TotK, for instance), some Square Enix and Capcom games/ports and new game announcements, probably in H1;
  • Metroid Prime 4 gets a new trailer and a late 2023/early 2024 release window;
  • New 2D Mario;
  • Advance Wars is released with minimum marketing;
  • F-Zero GX HD, let's gooo
  • Splatoon 3 and Xenoblade 3 get their story DLCs unveiled, releasing in H2;
  • Pikmin 4 gets a H2 release date;
  • Pokémon S/V DLC also later in the year;
  • New 3D Mario is announced and later gets a March/May 2024 release date.

No comments on Metroid Prime HD, NSO expansions or new DK. They might happen in 2023 as well as they might not

Last edited:
Switch 2 is early 2024, August-October announcement. I think it's just straight up a Switch 2, not branded as a "Pro" or anything. Similar to PS5, where it's technically a clean break of a generation but most games will be cross-gen for a while and BC games will get a significant enough upgrade. Launches with Metroid Prime 4 which is also cross-gen.

Zelda and DK are the big tentpole games of the year, with Fire Emblem and Pikmin 4 before both of them. Obviously Nintendo will release a lot more but those are the four games that will generate the most buzz in enthusiast circles. Also DLC for Xenoblade and Pokemon SV.

Wasn’t there a rumor that the fire emblem remake was supposed to come out in 2023 too, or did that get busted?

Lets see…

• new hardware releases in may with zelda totk
  • we will see various exclusive switch 2 third party ports throughout 2023
  • new 2d mario releases on early summer, features new artstyle, new moves, multiplayer coop, different characters, 80 levels, etc. It coincides with mario movie dvd/blu ray/streaming release.
  • advance wars 1+2 gets a sneaky release in spring
  • everybody’s 1 2 switch gets revealed, it’s literally a stinky horse game.
  • pikmin 4 is big first holiday game, features open world map with more action focused gameplay
  • new tomodachi get released by holidays, likely early december
  • kid icarus gets a heavy lifted remaster, with adapted gameplay mechanics and qol, includes new content, its another summer release
  • f-zero gx gets a remaster with online modes. Visually is mostly the same like gamecube version in HD with some minor improvements, its a summer release
  • metroid prime 1 hd remaster will finally be revealed at E3 (with first prime 4 teaser) and released by fall
  • we will see splatoon 3 and xenoblade 3 single player dlc
  • last 3 mk 8 dx dlc waves will be released throughout 2023, more multiplayer splatoon 3 updates will also come.
  • pokémon will have its own presentation by early january with scarlet/violet dlc (2 expansions, same like sword/shield) and the announcement of a new mystery dungeon spin-off (summer) + detective pikachu 1 port (march)
  • at E3 they will announce a new star fox game with a march 2024 date. Its next switch exclusive and developed by monolith soft.
  • In september direct they will announce a kirby triple star dx remaster and a punch out wii remake, both for winter.

Last edited:
I don't know

Nintendo: Zelda TotK, Pikmin 4, Fire Emblem Engage, Advance Wars, Kirby, Bayonetta Origins

Nintendo DLC: Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Splatoon 3, Fire Emblem Engage, Pokemon S/V

Also Nintendo: Metroid Prime Trilogy + 4, Something Mario, Something Donkey Kong, Something Pokemon, Remaster of older Games like Kid Icarus, F- Zero or Zelda WW, TP. GB and GBA in NSO

Square Enix: Nier 1, Nier 3 ( time exclusive), FF Pixel Remaster, FF Theater Rhytm, FF 13, Octopath 2, Some more AA Projects

Capcom: Monster Hunter Sunbreak Update, Resident Evil Revelation 3, Some Surprise like Powerstone, Okami, SF V Port or Dino- Crisis

WB: Hogwarts Legacy, Batman Arkham Trilogy

EA: Mass Effect Trilogy

THQ Nordic/ Embracer: Metro 3 Port, Destroy all Humans, Tomb Raider, Darksiders 4, Some Surprise like Time Splitters

Konami: Metal Gear Solid Trilogy Remaster, Castlevania DS Collection

Ubisoft: Rayman, M&R DLC, SURPRISE: Open World Starfox Game.

Microsoft: Halo Portable

Maaaaaaybe Switch2. IdK

I don't really know if I'd classify this list as predictions or a wishlist, since it's kind of both, but...

1. If we're getting new hardware at all, I'm expecting a successor announcement sometime in 2023 with the release being in 2024. But I think that all comes down if the supply chain issues are worked out in time, since last I checked that was still ongoing for a lot of stuff?
2. February Direct at the earliest (I'm pessimistic and expecting later just... because). Any Direct in January will probably be focused on Fire Emblem Engage
3. Metroid Prime Remastered announced for for a summer or fall release
4. An actual Metroid Prime 4 trailer please please please p- (I'm not expecting it to release until 2024 if we see it)
5. Aren't we supposed to get a Fire Emblem remake too? Probably later in the year since Engage is releasing early, but anything's possible
6. I just want a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, is that so wrong?
7. Speaking of Pokemon, I fully expect Scarlet/Violet to get DLC like Sword/Shield did. I don't foresee them ever going back to the third version at this point
8. I also want a new Star Fox. I have nothing to back this up. I just want it.

That's about all I can think of for now.

I like this.

The big predictions:
  • Switch 2/Pro announcement in January and release in March. I'm sticking with my guns on this one.
  • Zelda TOTK gets a 93 metacritic
  • There is a holiday Mario game (not a spin off, an actual 2D or 3D Mario game)
  • Nintendo has three General Directs this year
  • There is a lot of Metroid Prime in the air
  • A Donkey Kong game gets announced
  • Nintendo teases a Zelda game not named TOTK
Smaller but fun predictions:
  • A new pro controller variant is announced
  • The Mario Movie does a billion at the box office
  • Advance Wars sees the light of day
  • Gameboy/Gameboy Color games are added to the NSO, Pokemon games are announced as "coming soon"
The downer predictions:
  • Pikmin 4 gets delayed to 2024
  • The next Switch hardware is $450 minimum
My one, out of left field prediction
  • Nintendo makes an acquisition that is insane and shocks the internet. I'm talking "Nintendo buys Konami" levels of crazy

I am going to base my predictions on new hardware coming in 2023. If this does not happen, then this will be very wrong.

New hardware announced...3 weeks after Fire Emblem releases. Launches with Zelda, FVIIR, Borderlands 3 or Tiny Tina, REMake 2...Elden Ring releases in September.

HD2D Mario game for holidays.

Madden, Red dead 2, Mass Effect, MGS, AC,
COD, Batman Arkham, Tekken, SF VI, DQ III 2dhd,
EA FC, NBA 2k, Ultra MH Rise complete edition all coming to new hardware in 2023-2024.

Other surprise for 1st party. New or remake of Wave Race or F-zero is for new hardware. Summer 2023

MP1R for October 2023.

Ultra Pokemon Violet for holidays. Fixed bugs, framrates, etc on both OG and next gen.

MS announces more support for nintendo to appease FTC. Halo 1-3 (also because Halo needs some good PR), Killer instinct, Sea of thieves all come to new hardware. Fallout 3 remaster comes also. So does more Minecraft. New Perfect Dark 64 remaster similar to the canceled XBLA Goldeneye remaster comes to all systems w/ cross play. Finally MS announces that as part of agreement with FTC & Sony...new Guitar Hero on all systems.

Nintendo adds GBA to nintendo online in 2023.

Nintendo will have less 1st party titles for first time as they want to maximize sales of existing software. Some games will be cross gen. Including a new Animal Crossing party game. Nintendo will also start selling "Ultra" editions of games with increased resolution, fps, etc. Smash Bros complete edition, MK8 Ultra, Animal Crossing, Xeno 2, are first games announced.

Next big NSO game is a Dr Mario game. (similar to Tetris 99, Pacman 99)

Pokemon TCG similar to Hearthstone teased for mobile, PC and nintendo hardware. Nintendo will investigate putting on other consoles.

ADVANCE WARS IS CANCELED. Goldeneye is still absent come April 2023.

aside from what others have said, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet DLC along with finally getting the fix for its obvious performance issues. And hoping for an FE4 remake announcement for late 2023 :d

• Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games are finally added to NSO, GB in the base tier and GBA in the higher one.
  • Metroid Prime remaster launches in either April or June.
  • Kid Icarus Uprising remake releases fall 2023.
  • Astral Chain 2 announced with a vague 2024 date.
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 4 is announced with a vague 2024 date.
  • Vanillaware's next game is announced in a Direct.
  • Dragon Quest III-2D/HD is re-revealed with a simultaneous worldwide release date.
  • The Borderlands 3 port is real and sells shockingly well.
  • A port of Nier Replicant is announced, comes out either late 2023 or early 2024.
  • After a million years killer7 finally comes to Switch.
  • A new Shovel Knight is announced with 3D graphics emulating the N64 era. Isn't Switch exclusive but sales wind up so lopsided it might as well be.

New hardware stuff (not sure if this is 2023 or 2024):
  • Capcom is there year one with a ton of ports. Native versions of Resident Evils 2, 3, 4, 7, Village, and Devil May Cry 5.
  • Guilty Gear Strive is announced for the new console.
  • The Tomb Raider reboot trilogy (2013, Rise, and Shadow) are announced for the new console.
  • Mass Effect Legendary Edition is announced. Will be one of the only games EA brings during the whole console's lifespan.
  • Dragon Quest XII is confirmed for the Switch's successor.
  • Tales of Arise Ultimate Edition is a year one release.
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night 2 is confirmed for the new console.
  • Marvel's Midnight Suns is canned for Switch but announced for the new console. Is a launch day title.
  • The Kingdom Hearts trilogy gets a native port. A discount is given to those who bought the Cloud versions.
  • Diablo IV hits the console within the first 12 months.

Back
Top Bottom