• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Nin is winding up ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok but where does the BoxBoy metroidvania currently in development fit into all of this

I believe there will be a huge direct around September

( Here is what i know ... )

Switch has been successfull for its 6 years, if not longer

They released tears of the kingdom like they did for breath of the wild ( wiiU then switch ... So switch then the next console ??? )

The final wave of mario kart 8 DX courses will be advertised with potential release date

( unsure ... )

And web article (that i dont remember) mentioned that nin would release the console next year for winter 2024

pokemon is also reach its 30 years in the series, i dont know how they can really keep up, they have over 1k pokemon now ... gen 10 may be the last and i would imagine development is already being planned ...

it would likely copy the series or the idea : the masters tournament ... imagine going to all 8 regions and collecting badges that would turn into a medal/coin ( like sword and shield ) ... then the 9th would be a revamped kanto, for a elite and masters tourney ... ( with battle tower and wonder trade still there ...

take all the good parts and make a massive game ... that would be nice!
the Pokemon franchise will never end, it gonna continue to release game, put merchandise and have seasons on TV until the end of time.

My sources have told me they are cancelling all their in-development games and are only making Donkey Kong games for the rest of the fiscal year

giphy.gif

I fully intend to purchase the rights to Tingle in the fire sale.

Even if Switch 2 was 2050, you will have "analysts" writing "exclusives" on it being out soon and when it does show up in 2050, they will say "see I was right???"

Quoted by: Ab
.... . .----. ... / ..-. .. -. .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / .... . .-. . --..-- / .--. . .-. ..-. --- .-. -- .. -. --. / ..-. --- .-. / -.-- --- ..- --..-- / .. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / - .... . / .-- --- .-. -.. ... --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.-. .- -. / .--- --- .. -. / .. -. / - --- --- .-.-.-

.... . .----. ... / ..-. .. -. .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / .... . .-. . --..-- / .--. . .-. ..-. --- .-. -- .. -. --. / ..-. --- .-. / -.-- --- ..- --..-- / .. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / - .... . / .-- --- .-. -.. ... --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.-. .- -. / .--- --- .. -. / .. -. / - --- --- .-.-.-
How thoughtful, sadly, this isnt a theater ... Or a church

who could develop a new Donkey Kong game? it cant be Retro Studios they are busy working on Metroid Prime 4, EPD 8 too(also busy on the next 3D Mario)
Fair point, dont know where these theories are coming from ... Would be awhile ... Have you seen the constant job postings for retro?

...I just realized Hyrulian_Zer0 and Giancarlo are different people. The shared avatar threw me off.

EDIT: Great, now I look insane!

Last edited:
At this point it's already confirmed that Nintendo is working on dk internally, I found it highly suspicious when the mario + rabbids team was talking about the dk brand back then when the dk dlc came out that Nintendo formed a new team solely for the dk brand. Then all the rumors backed it up, so the question is, when do they release it?? I was hoping it would still come out on the switch cause it would get massive sales, but on a new console with no install base and maybe another flop like the wiiU?? I don't know...

At this point it's already confirmed that Nintendo is working on dk internally, I found it highly suspicious when the mario + rabbids team was talking about the dk brand back then when the dk dlc came out that Nintendo formed a new team solely for the dk brand. Then all the rumors backed it up, so the question is, when do they release it?? I was hoping it would still come out on the switch cause it would get massive sales, but on a new console with no install base and maybe another flop like the wiiU?? I don't know...
Likely for September, if not 2024

I must ask, why do you have them stopping with X & Y when bringing all the Pokemon games to the Switch and not Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon?

Hold on so Nintendo is releasing remasters of Luigi's Mansion 2, Metroid Prime etc, but you conclude that they are releasing GameCube/3DS to Nintendo Online? Is this correct?

It’s just a fun prediction, no need to pile on and make people feel bad. I make plenty of fun predictions. Its fun to dream

Donkey Kong seems like a perfect late spring/early summer release. I think I expect it in June or July 2024.
Would be great if it was announced in the September Direct but they might wait for February to announce it.

They gave us so many games for 2023 last direct and even a couple of 2024 ones. I don't see it. I'm not even sure they have a reason to do Sept direct.
Re-emphasize known Fall/Winter lineup with new trailers and release dates, give info for known Fall/Winter releases that haven't been explicitly dated like Splatoon 3: Side Order and the final bit of MK8D DLC, and new game announcements for 2024 (which can include an unveiling of Metroid Prime 4).

at this point nintendo is a blank slate in terms of the future, there's just too much to play i'm not even worried about what they are and aren't announcing.

Hold on so Nintendo is releasing remasters of Luigi's Mansion 2, Metroid Prime etc, but you conclude that they are releasing GameCube/3DS to Nintendo Online? Is this correct?
yus, how else? everyone has been wanting the gamecube emu

we got the super mario 3d all stars before the n64, did we not?

Re-emphasize known Fall/Winter lineup with new trailers and release dates, give info for known Fall/Winter releases that haven't been explicitly dated like Splatoon 3: Side Order and the final bit of MK8D DLC, and new game announcements for 2024 (which can include an unveiling of Metroid Prime 4).
IF they include a MP4 mention, and thats a big if ( from me ), look at the job postings from retro studios and see how long or longer its taking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom