• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Nin is winding up ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pronouns
He/Him
I believe there will be a huge direct around September

( Here is what i know ... )

Switch has been successfull for its 6 years, if not longer

They released tears of the kingdom like they did for breath of the wild ( So switch then the next console ??? ) EDIT :: thanks bellydrum

The final wave of mario kart 8 DX courses will be advertised with potential release date

( unsure ... )

And web article (that i dont remember) mentioned that nin would release the console next year for winter 2024 ... If thats true ... They would mention development or advertise it now ( especially since E3s have been virtual and companies have been doing their own thing ... )

Pokemon is concluding ash's farewell season/ (TV) series, they may put the retro ( red/blue/green/yellow to ultra sun/ultra moon :: Thanks EvilChameleon ) unto the switch ... Not including remakes, so thats up to 29 main games, either on the emulators for NSO / NSO+ ( if you dont include the remasters ... thats 23 )

A couple years back they released SNES for NSO, it was in September ... It would either be DS/3DS ... Or Gamecube ... Likely Gamecube if they are following their history ... And i would guess thats an NSO+

If they did ds/3ds ( since the shop is closed now ... ) that would be for NSO ( To break even )

Unless they release the wii/wiiu ... Though thats too soon to tell, im sure there are people who use the wii u still and shop from it ... Plus its too close to the switch and you can still port over contacts over ( if thats necessary ... Never had a wii u ... )

Im going to copy this in the rare case i didnt post appropriately ... Thanks for listening to me!

EDIT : 350+ views and 2 Yeah!'s, not bad for a start

Edit 2 : 700 views and this (( https://www.nintendoworldreport.com...-claims-switch-successor-to-launch-early-2024 )) was on the ticker ...

eDiT : 3k views! making strides here!

EdIt : found this (( https://famiboards.com/threads/deve...ned-for-next-year-sources-have-told-vgc.7017/ )) only helps enforce my theory!

Last edited:
PURPLE PIKMIN CHEESEBURGER!!!
c9pbv86u0v581.png

What about Sega, tho?
fair point, after the sega/megadrive emu ... what do we have left? dreamcast? was that before or after gamecube?

( after some research ... ) for sega to allow their games on nintendo, it seems they are admiting defeat from the console wars of the 90s, short lifespans with great games ...

thats would leave CD, game gear and dream cast ... if sega has really given up

Last edited:
Okay but what's being rumored?

Nice theories tho. DS did happen on Wii U VC. And there were the Wii games for 19,99 on the eShop.

Would be super great if they weren't making 30$ Hagi ports. And 3DS 50$ remasters(Miitopia). With possible 60$ on the way too(Luigi's Mansion 2).

Totally emulated and upscaled GCN/DS/3DS games on NSO would be a dream but most of the time they mean to bring all major titles from the platform to NSO(like they did for NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBA), so I can hardly see, say, 3DS on NSO happening if they also want to sell Luigi's Mansion 2 Remaster, hopefully Kid Icarus and etc standalone.

Wii and GameCube it gets even harder to happen since they're gonna have remasters and remakes(XBCDE, MPR, SS HD) for either full price or budget price, while having a full priced collection with 3D All Stars, and standalone Hagi ports in Pikmin 1+2.

Pokemon is concluding ash's farewell season/ (TV) series, they may put the retro ( red/blue/green/yellow to x/y unto the switch ... Not including remakes, so thats up to 29 main games, either on the emulators for NSO / NSO+
If they were planning on doing anything game-wise to coincide with Ash's retirement from the anime, they would have done it 4 months ago, when they were airing his final episodes in Japan. The dub is notoriously behind so they don't ever do promotions alongside it.

Okay but what's being rumored?

Nice theories tho. DS did happen on Wii U VC. And there were the Wii games for 19,99 on the eShop.

Would be super great if they weren't making 30$ Hagi ports. And 3DS 50$ remasters(Miitopia). With possible 60$ on the way too(Luigi's Mansion 2).

Totally emulated and upscaled GCN/DS/3DS games on NSO would be a dream but most of the time they mean to bring all major titles from the platform to NSO(like they did for NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBA), so I can hardly see, say, 3DS on NSO happening if they also want to sell Luigi's Mansion 2 Remaster, hopefully Kid Icarus and etc standalone.

Wii and GameCube it gets even harder to happen since they're gonna have remasters and remakes(XBCDE, MPR, SS HD) for either full price or budget price, while having a full priced collection with 3D All Stars, and standalone Hagi ports in Pikmin 1+2.

Nice theories tho. DS did happen on Wii U VC. And there were the Wii games for 19,99 on the eShop. :: yes and the wii shop is closed, unless you get a jail broken console

Would be super great if they weren't making 30$ Hagi ports. And 3DS 50$ remasters(Miitopia). With possible 60$ on the way too(Luigi's Mansion 2). :: 3ds and ds shops are closed, same result, unless you get a jail broken console

patience my young child

unless they have the master files still, if it aint broke, dont get rid of it, archive it! ( plus we have pikmin 1+2 as a bundle for switch, why port to GC emu?

My sources have told me they are cancelling all their in-development games and are only making Donkey Kong games for the rest of the fiscal year
Did your sources also solve world peace and end world hunger?

Didn't you hear what Mekanos' sources said? Do you see what Nintendo is making?

World peace is a lost cause, and the ensuing chaos shall result in destruction of the planet's food supply. Woe betide the denizens of this terrestrial sphere!

If they were planning on doing anything game-wise to coincide with Ash's retirement from the anime, they would have done it 4 months ago, when they were airing his final episodes in Japan. The dub is notoriously behind so they don't ever do promotions alongside it.
pokemon is also reach its 30 years in the series, i dont know how they can really keep up, they have over 1k pokemon now ... gen 10 may be the last and i would imagine development is already being planned ...

it would likely copy the series or the idea : the masters tournament ... imagine going to all 8 regions and collecting badges that would turn into a medal/coin ( like sword and shield ) ... then the 9th would be a revamped kanto, for a elite and masters tourney ... ( with battle tower and wonder trade still there ...

take all the good parts and make a massive game ... that would be nice!

Rumours say that Trent Reznor will succeed Koji Kondo as lead music supervisor.
Koji has done quite well ... and i havent seend anything by this trent reznor ... i may choose brian tyler, for his works with Koji in the movie ...

A couple years back they released SNES for NSO, it was in September ... It would either be DS/3DS ... Or Gamecube ... Likely Gamecube if they are following their history ... And i would guess thats an NSO+
All new systems added to NSO have come 12-16 months after the previous addition(s). September would be 7 months since GB/GBA.

stool bory cro
stool bory cro
stool bory cro
stool bory cro
stool bory cro
stool bory cro
stool bory cro
stool bory cro
stool bory cro
stool bory cro
stool bory cro
stool bory cro