• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News [Nikkei] Shuntaro Furukawa Interview - We're working on Switch games that are being released in the next fiscal year which ends in March 2025.

I don't know why they'd make anything Switch 2 exclusive unless it just won't work on OG Switch. 95% of games releasing today are going to be fine on Switch. It's the graphical showcase games that won't go, which make up more than 5% of the sales, I'm sure.
Is this a joke post? This nonsense argument started with series S, but with nintendo fans it went to another level.

Is this a joke post? This nonsense argument started with series S, but with nintendo fans it went to another level.
I'm dead serious. If the game would work fine on Switch, why throw away that huge market? Games that won't work fine on Switch go on Switch 2 and are the carrot to get people to upgrade.

The bigger thing here is the Zelda & the Movie thing about Holiday 2024 :O :O That's what's worth talking about.
Zelda and the movie were mentioned in reference to Holiday 2023 ("fiscal year ending March 2024"), not Holiday 2024

Sources :

Original : Traduction : https://famiboards.com/threads/futu...ts-before-commenting.55/page-1807#post-850412 :)

Please, go for :

• Metroid Prime 4
  • Fire Emblem 4
  • New Donkey Kong
  • And more !

:D
is obvious Nintendo will suport Nintendo Switch up to the first 4/5 years of it next console, Nintendo Switch will have games up to 2030

I'm dead serious. If the game would work fine on Switch, why throw away that huge market? Games that won't work fine on Switch go on Switch 2 and are the carrot to get people to upgrade.
Because with new hardware you can easily do more things than just make pretty graphics lmfao. That's not really how tech works generally

I hope one of those games is a new Dr. Mario, and it should be a major step for the series (like Dr. Mario 64 was from the original Dr. Mario) instead of the recent digital games that have miniscule improvements. More playable Mario all-star cast would be a start.

Thank you for reading.
I wonder Dr. Mario World would ever be ported, even with a regular Dr. Mario game included. It has 1000+ compelling individually designed puzzles, and features an extensive roster, including me.

is obvious Nintendo will suport Nintendo Switch up to the first 4/5 years of it next console, Nintendo Switch will have games up to 2030
I'm not sure if Switch support will last another six years on the first-party side of things. That would be thirteen years of support, which I don't think any console has ever had from their manufacturer outside the Sega Master System? I can see them continuing to release a handful of games in FY26, but beyond that, I can only see smaller indies sticking around at best.

I'm not sure if Switch support will last another six years on the first-party side of things. That would be thirteen years of support, which I don't think any console has ever had from their manufacturer outside the Sega Master System? I can see them continuing to release a handful of games in FY26, but beyond that, I can only see smaller indies sticking around at best.
there precedence for suporting software, 3DS was suported up to 2019, migrating the 130+milions userbase of Switch to it next console, would take time and is crucial, even if Switch sucessor launch next year, Nintendo keep suporting Switch

there precedence for suporting software, 3DS was suported up to 2019, migrating the 130+milions userbase of Switch to it next console, would take time and is crucial, even if Switch sucessor launch next year, Nintendo keep suporting Switch
2019 is just 2 years after the Switch came out. “Supported“ is being generous. It was ports and unimportant games. No major first party release on 3DS since 2017‘s Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon exactly the year the Switch came out.

Last edited:
2019 is just 2 years after the Switch came out. “Supported“ is being generous. It was ports and unimportant games. No major party release on 3DS since 2017‘s Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon exactly the year the Switch came out.
It’s natural for “support” to wind down once a the new console is out. They need that manpower for the next gen software pipeline. If AAA games are taking four to six year, and if the successor is coming out in 2024, then it means that Nintendo has been actively developing Switch 2 games since 2018-2020 approximately. I presume they took a portion of their devs to pre-produce next gen games, and as the current gen pipeline freed out, they shuffld them to the successor’s projects, and the Switch teams got smaller, so they’re making games that require less effort (HD Remasters, smaller scale games) with small teams and outsourcing.

I wasn't rejecting the idea that Nintendo would support it past the launch of the successor, I was rejecting the idea that they would support it that long.

Two years of crossover is pretty standard. So the Switch getting a decent amount of new games from Nintendo themselves until the end of 2025? Sure, I can see it. Hell, thanks to how fast Game Freak usually transitions to new hardware, I expect it.

Six years is... well, it's possible that the Switch makes it to 2030 before Nintendo straight up discontinues the console. I don't think they would let it last that long, since them axing it as soon as they can get out a Lite variant of the next system (2026?) seems like the better play. But it could stick around longer. Even if it does, though, I doubt it would be on the back of Nintendo publishing that much in the way of new games for that entire length of time.

Because with new hardware you can easily do more things than just make pretty graphics lmfao. That's not really how tech works generally
So you're saying that games like Hades 2 and Silksong should skip the Switch because the need the power of the Switch 2? Because that's the opposite of what I'm saying.

Most games don't need the extra CPU/GPU grunt. Look Steam new releases - https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=popularnew&sort_by=Released_DESC - and try and come up with much more than 5 percent of releases needing moar powaa, and then come back and say that those don't count.

Quoted by: Ab
So you're saying that games like Hades 2 and Silksong should skip the Switch because the need the power of the Switch 2? Because that's the opposite of what I'm saying.

Most games don't need the extra CPU/GPU grunt. Look Steam new releases - https://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=popularnew&sort_by=Released_DESC - and try and come up with much more than 5 percent of releases needing moar powaa, and then come back and say that those don't count.
Right, those aren't nintendo games. And we don't know if they're coming to switch and the successor or just the successor. It would make the indie devs more money for it to be on switch regardless so idk what point you're trying to make. I was mostly talking about 1st party games when it comes to power ect. Even so hades 2 and silksong definitely have a better chance of looking and running better on new hardware.

Back
Top Bottom