• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News NieR:Automata The End of YorHa Edition coming to Nintendo Switch on October 6 (UPDATE: reviews are out, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I don't want to look this up in case of potential spoilers, but what does The end of YorHa edition mean?

Ngl, that Square decided to port this out of all games, and not as a cloud version, surprised me. Even doing a physical release with a new reversible boxart. Well done.

I don't often double dip, but this one I'll rebuy it. One of this gen big classic that will be remembered as one of the best game of all time in the future.

Ngl, that Square decided to port this out of all games, and not as a cloud version, surprised me. Even doing a physical release with a new reversible boxart. Well done.
Platinum did say they were ready to do a port a couple years ago

the KH stuff is still weird though

Nice! Great game to come over, can highly recommend it. I played it ob PS4 originally and might replay it on Series S down the line for those smooth 60 FPS. Curious to see how the Switch version will perform!

Also, that reversible cover art is amazing.

I envy people who will be playing this for the first time.

Go in as blind as possible. This game is really special.

Last edited:
I've never played this but the year is crowding up even without Nintendo announcing that much. Splatoon 3, Crisis Core, Nier Automata, Sparks of Hope, Harvestella and Dragon Quest Treasures. Pretty much ignoring Pokemon now because of everything else in that window; and there's still Prime HD and Bayonetta 3 that could arrive then, too.

Absolutely hilarious that 4 of those games are from Square Enix.

Awesome! Since it's squeezed between Splatoon 3 and Mario + Rabbids, I might delay the purchase. But I will get it for sure eventually.

Played it already on PS4, but glad that more people can play it.

Now, Replicant next :)

Don't really understand why it took this long. Port looked good though. I've already played it long ago, but anyone who now has the chance for the first time should definitely give it a go. Incredible game

Great news; it looked a bit mushy of course but I'm glad they showed switch footage at all and I'm relieved it's not a cloud version, can't wait to finally play it

...what? 1080 docked?

thats suprising.
I was expecting this game way earlier, so a late late port for me...still interested. if the 30fps ARE stable (in an action game like this thats important), then im IN.

would be great if it's locked 30fps. should look sharp in handheld mode if it's really native 720p

Most likely saved for later, or for new hardware.
i can see that, but if they can port automata to the current switch, they can (and should) do the same with replicant.

1080 docked is surprising. Not sure if the PS4 version was 1080p, but XBO was only 900.

I'm glad it's coming! First time players, strap in. This game is nothing short of masterful.

Oohhh native resolution in handheld mode. Not too surprising considering Astral Chain is the same.

so cutting the framerate in half and reducing effect fidelity (i asume) gave them the breathing room to have stable 30fps at 1080?
i hope its dynamic 1080, and scales so that it stays 30fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom