• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sports NFL |ST| Offseason

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I was convinced that was a pick. Looked completely boneheaded.

Then likely just leaps 40 feet into the air out of nowhere

Brian Johnson is a bum. Jalen Hurts has regressed. Fat Patricia... did okay? Dude's a rapist though so get him out.

I'm in peak Eagles doomer mode.

Season been over since last week. Gonna culminate with a devastating season ending industry in met life.
I was hoping this game would be us righting the ship. We were able to change things late in 2017, so why not here?

At this point, I'm thinking about next season. I see nothing more than a wildcard exit for this current team. I'm hoping this is a down year for Hurts and he adds some tools to his backpocket now that there's all this film on him from last season, mostly for my sanity. We got lucky with getting out of the Wentz contract. If Hurts flames out the same way, I can't see us catching lightning in a bottle twice.

I was hoping this game would be us righting the ship. We were able to change things late in 2017, so why not here?

At this point, I'm thinking about next season. I see nothing more than a wildcard exit for this current team. I'm hoping this is a down year for Hurts and he adds some tools to his backpocket now that there's all this film on him from last season, mostly for my sanity. We got lucky with getting out of the Wentz contract. If Hurts flames out the same way, I can't see us catching lightning in a bottle twice.
My main worry is that we look so bad that we aren't able to dupe some poor team into hiring Brian Johnson

My main worry is that we look so bad that we aren't able to dupe some poor team into hiring Brian Johnson
Even if BJ leaves, I doubt our issues are solved. Sirianni is a great coach for hyping the players up, but he's a poor Xs and Os guy. I wish he was a better playcaller and coordinator so we don't run the risk of our offense regressing year in and year out.

Guess I'll admit to being a Browns fan (grew up in northern Ohio) in spite of the Deshaun Watson debacle and the general state of the team since especially '99. I'm legit shocked that the reanimated corpse of Joe Flacco is playing as well as he is (despite the turnovers vs the Bears) and that this Browns team through all the injuries is 9-5. Kinda want to get a Flacco jersey just for the fun of it.

All that being said, the ownership/management deserve what they get for the Watson disaster. I felt it was a horrible move when it happened, and will continue to feel that way no matter what. Would have rather they kept Baker and stayed far away from that whole mess, but Jimmy Haslam just had to go prove once again what a terrible owner he is.

Guess I'll admit to being a Browns fan (grew up in northern Ohio) in spite of the Deshaun Watson debacle and the general state of the team since especially '99. I'm legit shocked that the reanimated corpse of Joe Flacco is playing as well as he is (despite the turnovers vs the Bears) and that this Browns team through all the injuries is 9-5. Kinda want to get a Flacco jersey just for the fun of it.

All that being said, the ownership/management deserve what they get for the Watson disaster. I felt it was a horrible move when it happened, and will continue to feel that way no matter what. Would have rather they kept Baker and stayed far away from that whole mess, but Jimmy Haslam just had to go prove once again what a terrible owner he is.
Give a healthy flacco decent receivers and yeah he'll probably surprise plenty of people. He's always been a pretty good pocket passer, he just never had good options with the ravens or jets.

He's the elite dragon. Almost makes me want to root for the Browns.

Yup, this is all pretty much how I feel. Baker led us to a playoff win in Pittsburgh and the team is like, pack your bags bro. I don't watch any of the games Watson starts.

I don't feel bad about the no-call that helped the Rams beat the Saints to make the Super Bowl and I hope the Rams win by 1,000.

RIP to the Broncos' season. Oh well, probably better to put us out of our misery now rather than later. Still a lot of good things to build on this year, and a big improvement over last year's disaster. I have much higher hopes for next season than I've had in a long time.

Cowboys lost. Niners lost. Eagles won and killed the Tommy Cutlets meme. Philly's ass but I don't care rn. Merry Christmas.

Actually I do care. The entire Eagles coaching staff should be on the hot seat after that game. How do you go from 20-3 to it being a one score game in a single half?

Chance to clinch the playoffs tonight, which is pretty great. Apparently whoever is smashing the guitar tonight is a big name.
isn’t it crazy how getting an actual quarterback makes the Browns both an amazing team, and also since the scumbag isn’t playing, you want to root for them?

I hope it’s killing Watson to be sitting on the sidelines while the team makes the playoffs without him, but I’m sure he actually doesn’t care. As much as I like this Flacco-led Browns team, I can’t help but remember that this is the organization that committed to giving a quarter of a billion dollars to a very shitty person.

the Ravens are the best team in the league right now and it’s not even really close

I am once again asking for the firing of Nick Sirianni and calling for the reinstatement of Sean Desai.
I've said it the moment Desai was demoted: he was the scapegoat for Howie Roseman's negligence of the secondary and the organization's weird obsession with the "bend don't break" defense. Watch how creative he was with the Bears and Seahawks. He's working with a box of scraps, and the organization demands that he has to make them operate a certain way. The defensive roster is bad; they're all either raw, bad, or old. How does the organization demand a Fangio-style defense when the roster has bad LBs and mediocre DBs? Those are the things that makes Fangio's scheme hum.

The offensive played well today when they were on the field, and when Brian Johnson wasn't actively sabotaging them. This coaching all season has failed the roster. We lost the moment we tried to burn the clock and settled for a field goal on 1st and 20, instead of trying to convert for the first with chunk plays + grab a TD,

I've said it the moment Desai was demoted: he was the scapegoat for Howie Roseman's negligence of the secondary and the organization's weird obsession with the "bend don't break" defense. Watch how creative he was with the Bears and Seahawks. He's working with a box of scraps, and the organization demands that he has to make them operate a certain way. The defensive roster is bad; they're all either raw, bad, or old. How does the organization demand a Fangio-style defense when the roster has bad LBs and mediocre DBs? Those are the things that makes Fangio's scheme hum.

The offensive played well today when they were on the field, and when Brian Johnson wasn't actively sabotaging them. This coaching all season has failed the roster. We lost the moment we tried to burn the clock and settled for a field goal on 1st and 20, instead of trying to convert for the first with chunk plays + grab a TD,
The coaching staff mostly needs to go because at this point the players themselves seem to have lost all confisence in them and they haven't done anything to earn it back, not even in the press. And yeah Desai's defense was bad but he made effective adjustments at the half. He shut out Mahomes in the second half at Arrowhead, this new guy let up 20 points in the 3rd to the giants and the cardinals.

GCtx0q2aEAANz2F

LET'S
FUCKING
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Can the Eagles just fire everybody at halftime and let the players audible into plays? We're a first round exit either way, might as well have fun with it.

The tail end of the season has legitimately made me more miserable than any Chip Kelly season. I didn't have any hope during the Chip seasons. Chip Kelly didn't have the most talented offensive roster outside of Santa Clara. Chip Kelly wasn't just coming off of a Super Bowl.

Can't believe we have another week of this shit.

Back
Top Bottom