• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion New Zelda Amiibo release on Holidays, is this a DLC indication?

Rampo360

Bob-omb
Pronouns
He/him
So I was thinking, they announced two new Zelda Amiibo yesterday, which thanks to data mining we already knew about.

Release date? Holidays 2023. Is this a random timing or possibly indicating a DLC release then?

Imo it definitely hints to something happening.

772kt9k1vd7b1.jpg

I was thinking the same but the amiibo release several months later is weird isn't it?
not really, smash updates wrapped up like 2 years ago and it's still getting new amiibos

This game is not getting DLC, it's over, they moved on.
agreed, i don't think there's any DLC planned. maybe there was at some point but with the extended dev time and then an extra year on top of that they just incorporated it into the main game.

I was thinking the same but the amiibo release several months later is weird isn't it?
Splatoon 3 amiibos were announced month before the game was out and they still released much later in the Holidays + same deal with Smash amiibos. I would even predict that when more people are done with the game they will announce Purah + Sages amiibo (Yunobo was absent from pre-release marketing due to spoilers).

I don’t believe this is an indicator for future DLC, but I do believe the game will get DLC regardless.

Either way, I’m really glad these Amiibo are coming. Love the designs and can’t wait to add them to my collection. With these two and the Skyward Sword reprint that I managed to purchase today, I’ll have all of the Zelda amiibo!

This game is not getting DLC, it's over, they moved on.
Glad our prophet thinks so! 🙏

I don't think DLC always makes sense for Nintendo. With their structure, they don't need to keep part of the team occupied while leads start preproduction on the next project - much of the team has already moved on to other games within EPD. The exception being "service" games like Splatoon, or Mario Kart 8 with it's Tour synergy.

Personally I prefer the Zelda folks to wipe the slate clean ASAP and start on something truly new.

IIRC the game already supports these two Amiibo with no patches required for them to work. They've been on the game code since release.

Amiibo just take a bit more time to manufacture and get to stores than games do, since they are actual physical items and have to go through external certification processes.

Back
Top Bottom