• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions New mockup for Switch 2 has been made

may i ask what in the everloving hell is going on with those controllers?
genie-magical.gif

Someone probably read one of those rumors about the successor having "beefier" Joycons and then just went wild from there :LOL:
true! but like… why is it a small controller inside the controller? what possible gain is there for it appearing to… slide up and down?????? in that slot??

true! but like… why is it a small controller inside the controller? what possible gain is there for it appearing to… slide up and down?????? in that slot??
I think the intention is that it'd allow to switch between the classic parallell sticks configuration and the modern xbox-styled shifted sticks while in handheld mode?

I am guessing the Joy-con are supposed to be slideable, meaning if you are using it as a single controller you can slide it up or down within the track so your thumb doesn't have to reach so far if you are using the right side joycon to use the joystick.

There is legitimately nothing wrong with the form factor of the current Switch, other than (in my opinion): the joystick drift, the dock can get slimmed WAY down, I don't need that holder for the joycon to make it a controller, and MAYBE an option for a left joy con with a regular d-pad.

It's there in most shots, but missing on the very first box art. It isn't even consistent 😂
i believe the idea is that the box on the left is for a "Switch 2 —Max—" which is why the design is different lol

this is impressive work even if the design is pretty goofy! definitely more than a little bit of time and work went into it. would love to see someone credited for it unless they just wanted it to spread anonymously

Take that and add a dash of fisher price and you got it. Nintendos first revisions are never sleek like that. They're also clunky in some way.

I think the idea behind it is to allow existing joycons to be compatible with a larger machine.

Makes zero sense of course.

Yeah, goofy mock-ups like this is part what makes console lead ups so fun. Gimme more!

What immediately came to mind with those joycons was to accommodate hand size/thumb reach. Best I got lol.

Really do like the look of the menu and icon design.

wait so the joy-cons slide up and down? that’s lookin’ like a haybale full of lawsuit juice lookin to drown Nintendo’s lawyers in letters and subpoenas that read exactly like “my son and or daughter and or child caught the fleshy bit beneath the base of their precious little thumbs in your SATANIC controllers and I am demanding you pay me at least a trillion of your JAPANESE DOLLARS Thank you.”

trust when I say I truly believe Nintendo would like to keep “moving parts” as far away from their lists of possible points of failure as they can

Shouldn't have been made more like.

It's a good effort, I'll give them that!

I think the intention is that it'd allow to switch between the classic parallell sticks configuration and the modern xbox-styled shifted sticks while in handheld mode?

Might be in the minority here, but the Wii U Pro Controller has one of the best layouts, even beating the GCN controller. I would LOVE to have another controller where the analog sticks are on top. It’s one of the many reasons why I love using the Steam Deck. Feels absolutely phenomenal in the hands.

Might be in the minority here, but the Wii U Pro Controller has one of the best layouts, even beating the GCN controller. I would LOVE to have another controller where the analog sticks are on top. It’s one of the many reasons why I love using the Steam Deck. Feels absolutely phenomenal in the hands.
I slightly prefer the shifted sticks but the Wii U Pro-Controller felt really great, I agree.

Is the inner part of the joycon supposed to be removable? What is going on there
It seems like the idea behind this "gimmick" is to make the position of the controls adjustable, primarily for single joycon play. So if you have the right joycon you can slide the controls to the left so it's more comfortable to grip?

I think?

Is the inner part of the joycon supposed to be removable? What is going on there
I thought immediately that it was to make a better grip and have old Joycon be compatible.

What are you guys’ and gals’ thoughts on that???

Will current Joycon be compatible or incompatible with the new hardware??

I thought immediately that it was to make a better grip and have old Joycon be compatible.

What are you guys’ and gals’ thoughts on that???

Will current Joycon be compatible or incompatible with the new hardware??
I don't expect them to be compatible physically but do think there's a solid chance you'll be able to use them wirelessly.

the joycon jail redesign is astounding, it geniunely looks like the original joycons are just locked inside a cage for their crimes. like stick drift and tax fraud.

i'm not really seeing how those holders would improve grip at all.

The controllers are a little weird, but the screen/UI and dock are quite nice!

Packaging and color scheme do absolutely nothing to differentiate it from Switch. At least give it some SNES purple ...

Wait, so this thing wasn’t just someone’s proposed mockup for what a new Switch could look like, but rather something actually attempting to be passed off as a legitimate leak?? Lol, that makes these details that clearly flag it as fake even more amusing:
Without even getting into the terrible dock and whatever the hell is going on with those Joy-Con, I don’t understand how someone can go through all the effort to make an elaborate mock-up like this with the intention of it looking real, only to get some obvious details wrong that would be super easy to check and avoid. Like, “The Legend Of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom”—“of” and “the” shouldn’t be capitalized here and aren’t on the official title.

Also, while it’s neat how the foreground elements and logo pop out of a game’s icon when selected on the HOME Menu, there’s no way this would actually be a thing, at least not with old games, because they’d have to go back and manually make new special icons like this for every game, though that’s less of a mistake and more of an impractical change that would never happen I guess.

Not to mention there’s just no fucking way that logo would be real, lol.

N I N T E N D O
SWITCH
⎯⎯MAX⎯⎯

You thought the Wii U was confusing to consumers? Look at this shit! It’s like they’ve intentionally made the “2” and “MAX” the least noticeable they could for some bizarre reason.

I like how this guy saw the biggest complaint about the Switch, its small joy-cons, and decided the way to fix it was to make them even smaller.

How do you go to all this trouble making this and forget the + & - buttons?

Can this be a thread for Switch 2 concept art? Loved seeing what people put together in the days of the NX speculation.

“Nintendo Shop”

“Super Mario Wonder”

lol

Also, how could they possibly think that, after putting a game card in, having to watch a slow animation and then have the game appear in the middle of the other icons on the HOME Menu would be an improvement?? Not to mention that HOME Menu is just unnecessarily flashy (and seemingly less snappy), and, as I previously pointed out, there’s no way dynamic icons like that would be a thing for older software because it would require a new icon to be made for literally every game, which would never happen.

Not to diss the artist but this looks like a literal downgrade of the Switch. Not sure what the point of this design would be.
Those joy cons look so complicated that I would prefer them to just keep using the millions of half-working joy cons we have all amassed by now.

Edit: absolutely LOVING the UI though. keep the simplicity but add that bling! The animation of the "game" sliding in after inserting the cartridge feels like a very Nintendo nuance.

“Nintendo Shop”

“Super Mario Wonder”

lol

Also, how could they possibly think that, after putting a game card in, having to watch a slow animation and then have the game appear in the middle of the other icons on the HOME Menu would be an improvement?? Not to mention that HOME Menu is just unnecessarily flashy (and seemingly less snappy), and, as I previously pointed out, there’s no way dynamic icons like that would be a thing for older software because it would require a new icon to be made for literally every game, which would never happen.
I think it would be cool as a first time thing but yeah lol at the idea of it doing that everything you put in a cartridge

Same energy:
nintendo-on-625x352-d404.jpg
NGL, I'm hoping all of this is building up to some insane Nintendo On-style video. Dude is already putting too much effort into this not to go all the way and have some five-minute showcase video detailing the controllers and the UI.

Why would Nintendo announce new Hardware ahead of the Christmas season? The only reason would be if they intend to sell it this Christmas, but that’s a tight window at this point.

Back
Top Bottom