• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions New mockup for Switch 2 has been made

While I don’t really care for the design, I love this mock-up! A lot of thought and effort went into it, which I really appreciate. It has issues but is pretty professionally done.

I love the time before a new console when fake mock-ups start popping up, it’s so fun!

Why would Nintendo announce new Hardware ahead of the Christmas season? The only reason would be if they intend to sell it this Christmas, but that’s a tight window at this point.
I agree, it's definitely a close window to announce and release prior to the holidays. Despite many people in HW speculation in the past outlining why the Spring 2017 launch was an outlier and not a future predictor of events, it still seemed the most ideal time to launch the hardware. Enthusiasts will still line up day one, but at least it gives them a fighting chance while parents seek it out on Black Friday for holiday gifts.

So maybe they want to return to their patterns of the past where they launch a new console by mid-November

Days later I only just realized there were two models, I thought the bezel missing on the other box art was an error. lol

Not great branding, that tiny little 'max' on the logo.

Why would Nintendo announce new Hardware ahead of the Christmas season? The only reason would be if they intend to sell it this Christmas, but that’s a tight window at this point.
Also, Nintendo told investors that there will be no new hardware this fiscal year. The current Nintendo fiscal year ends on March 31, 2024. I doubt that Nintendo would change things after they announced it in their investor guidance.

Good luck getting invited to rooftop parties if you're carrying around that abomination.

I want to be upset and tell them that having a cute animation for the transition from handheld to dock ruins one of the core features of the console, but they're putting so much effort into this that I just don't have the heart.

I want to be upset and tell them that having a cute animation for the transition from handheld to dock ruins one of the core features of the console, but they're putting so much effort into this that I just don't have the heart.

it's something that needs to be said because the prettiest UI design doesn't mean shit if its usability is nonexistent. you have to reign in flourishes to make a good but workable product

Absolutely terrible, what an abomination. Those controllers, those horrible curves. It's awful.

Finally a real leak

Well, tomorrow is now today, and this is the third or fourth tweet I've seen teasing this idea of something happening on the 20th. So far Nintendo's activity involved tweeting about Pikmin 4 dev diaries two hours ago, and a hype tweet for Pikmin releasing tomorrow last hour.

I do believe the wool has been pulled over our collective eyes; I don't think we're getting anything in two minutes, let alone all day today

Finally a real leak

What am I even looking at here? Some attachment to the Joy-Con that turns it into a weird GBA SP and makes it so the left analog and the D-pad are in exactly the wrong places they need to be? And the right analog is a circle pad?? And all the other buttons are a million miles away???

Last edited:

Translated from Spanish by Google

We promise this is the last tweet, thank you all for participating in this collective meme we have spent two very funny days looking at the comments.
You are the best community in the world ❤️😎👍

Move along folks, it's just trolls being trolls

6bqZSRc.jpg

It really feels like we are on that few month period that we were in before the October 2016 reveal of the switch. So many mock ups were made back then too

"Tomorrow" was a meme leading up to the Switch announcement. There's still an active subreddit pretending it's funny (/r/tomorrow).

Last edited:

I really really like the idea that the Switch screen could remain on while using it in docked mode and this is something that Nintendo should 100% implement.

Have it display a simple clock and maybe content relevant to the current game, it would be so nice.

Can't wait for the Scott the Woz rumor rundown on the NX2 aka Switch NG

To remind everyone of the insanity around Switch/NX speculation

The cameras in these Switch 2 mock ups are puzzling. There's no reason Nintendo would want to put them in again, they add to cost and circuitry for mid tier cellphone cameras, that will be mocked as irrelevant next to phone cameras. and there's no benefit to it. Seems like some guy mashing together old 3DS concepts with the new Switch,

On those white joycons it looks like they forgot to make the +/- buttons different after mirroring it in photoshop. It would be strange to have a Switch with two identical unmarked buttons on the face.

On the other hand, that logo is much better than the "2 Max" one from the other day. Not quite worthy of a billion dollar company but better.

The NintendoBS weird slide-y controller thing has been a fancy locking mechanism this entire time. I would not have guessed that.

feels overdesigned. I get that the current locking mechanism can feel flimsy at times, but I don't think adding moving parts make the idea any better than what we have now. just more points of failure

Finally a real leak

Unironically I'd love if the lite version of the Succ came in a clamshell form factor. A 3DS throwback with a device several orders of magnitude beefier, even if the lack of a second screen would make the lower half boring. But hey, the GBA SP got away with it and it became the go-to version of the GBA for a reason.

Though I admit that ergonimically it would lose a lot, unless nintendo rounded the edges and added curves to the frame.

Also I think this looks like the most realistic leak so far, though I enjoy the more whimsical designs more. Enjoy as in a "relish in their ridiculousness" way, not as in a "I'd love to play with that" way.

8 was thinking of Samsung's going with LPDDR5x for S23 while downgrading to exactly 8GB modules down from 12GB for S20 which used LPDDR5
I was thinking you meant something faster than LPDDR5(x). otherwise, there's no value in going with a split pool

I would guess the downgrade in ram was largely due to positioning. there's still a 12GB version of the S23, though it doesn't seem to be available everywhere

Back
Top Bottom