• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News New Joe & Mac: Caveman Ninja finally has a release date after 13 years. (november 2022)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

yes, really.
strap in, because the road to how we got here is a bumpy one.

b012afc6267bd202bf59c5af99a9037b_400x400.png

many years ago (2009) a new french studio was founded, with the goal of producing remakes for classic arcade games.
"golgoth studio" as they were called, started by acquiring the rights to toki. with plans to release their remake on pc and xbox 360.

but more importantly to our story, they also revealed that once they finished that remake. their next project was going to be.....
joe & mac
154347-joeandmac.jpg

however, the toki remake would quickly and mysteriously fall into development hell for several years. with the only real released project golgoth having to show was a fifth installment of the magical drop series.

enter french publisher microids, who presumably really wanted the remake to be finished. as such, they bought the publishing rights. and the toki remake finally surfaced in 2018 for nintendo switch, with ports to other platforms following the next year.

with that out of the way, it still seemed fairly unlikely the planned joe & mac game would ever resurface. but microids (with the development help of mr. nutz studio) decided to revive it as well.

Last edited:
DAY 1

OMG the SNES game was my jam back in the day! I cannot believe we are getting this game. This is so awesome!

I like the art style but don't dig the animations. They seem super slow and make the game feel sluggish.

In any case, this is kind of a weird series to revive but I doubt this has a huge budget. I played the SNES ones and they were fun so I could grab this for cheap.

Back
Top Bottom