• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Netflix increases monthly US prices to $10 SD, $15.50 HD with 2 streams, $20 UHD with 4 streams

crepuscule

Bob-omb
Monthly prices also increased in Canada; SD remains at C$10, HD increases to C$16.50 and UHD increases to C$21.

Current members will get a notification 30 days before their price is hiked.

Pretty absurd prices now. I'd have cancelled if I wasn't paying Turkish prices with gift cards and a VPN.

Last edited:
Fuck's sake, that's obscene.

It's almost getting to the point where it's not even worth account sharing

Our family shares my aunt's Netflix account, so uh, hopefully she'll still pay for that lol

I don't even watch Netflix much anymore, especially not ever since the other streaming services all poached their legacy titles.

We are out. We’ve been paying for the 4K version, but I can’t keep paying $20 a month especially when the majority of my watching is elsewhere.

Price increase now makes Netflix the most expensive streaming service in the United States.

Monthly U.S. prices for comparison:

Netflix (4K premium plan) = $20
Netflix (standard plan) = $15.50
HBO Max = $15
Hulu (no ads) = $13
Paramount Plus (premium) = $10
HBO Max (ads) = $10
Starz = $9
Disney+ = $8
Hulu (ads) = $7
Paramount Plus (ads) = $5
Peacock (premium) = $5
Discovery+ = $5

Why are they raising prices when their competition is fiercer than ever? Can't imagine this will help them in any way

Why are they raising prices when their competition is fiercer than ever? Can't imagine this will help them in any way
This is what I was wondering too. Also, their own content isn't that high quality people would sub.

I watch so little Netflix these days compared to other services.

Kinda ready to just say buh-bye Netflix.

Fortunately with my Tmobile plan, I won't be feeling this at all, since they take care of my Netflix bill.

It is concerning that prices are increasing yet the content keeps decreasing. It's quite a shame.

No no no no , Unh-uh. Neflix just increased their price here in Mexico. If they increase it again i will cancell inmediatly.

It's not that i can't afford it, but more a matter of principle and demand. I have HBO MAX, Amazon Prime and Disney+, and Netflix is the plataform i use the least, so I don't know whyi should continue paying the more expensive service that i never use to boot, i'm even thinking in cancelling it now as it is.

If they have any huge show i can just pay for that month and then re-cancel. But that's now and then, Neflix content is very average overall.

With so many good competition they now have, they should DECREASE their prices, not increasing them.

We just officially canceled.

Disney + is by far our most watched especially with a 2yo. We also like HBO’s offering as a family, and HBO has Sesame Street. We also are Prime Members so we have that, and I pay for Apple One Family which means I get TV+.

Currently on Verizon so we get the D+/ESPN+/Hulu Ad bundle for free too. I’m also using someone else’s HBO login. I’d pay for Prime and Apple One regardless so I’d get those anyways.

Netflix is the odd person out requiring extra for 4K stream and lacking a lot of higher quality content. I guess we will resub for Stranger Things and The Crown when they are out and just binge then drop again.

Netflix has to be careful. The others streaming platforms are growing in content and are cheaper.

Price increase now makes Netflix the most expensive streaming service in the United States.

Monthly U.S. prices for comparison:

Netflix (4K premium plan) = $20
Netflix (standard plan) = $15.50
HBO Max = $15
Hulu (no ads) = $13
Paramount Plus (premium) = $10
HBO Max (ads) = $10
Starz = $9
Disney+ = $8
Hulu (ads) = $7
Paramount Plus (ads) = $5
Peacock (premium) = $5
Discovery+ = $5
Shame on you for not including the best streaming service out there aka ESPN Plus. The value is crazy for how cheap it is.
Also Prime Video is amazing too since it comes with Amazon Prime which includes a ton of extra stuff.

Hell you can get the Disney bundle for $14 which gives you D+/Hulu with ads/ESPN+.

The value for Netflix just ain’t there. Heck I pay $20 a month for Apple One, and I get cloud storage, Apple Music Family, Apple TV, and Apple Arcade.

I've been regularly cancelling my memberships and re-subbing only when the mood strikes. The price hikes aren't great, but it just solidifies how I'll only subscribe for around a month at a time. Not sure we have any subscriptions running right this moment...

Back
Top Bottom