• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Miyamoto: If we have a game that sells 30 million units every few years we'll be fine (Interview with Itoi)

Skyward Sword probably has the most in-depth and lengthy Iwata Asks interview of any Nintendo game, so the answer is probably in there somewhere.

Skyward Sword actually got a dev time extension. Fun fact: said extension is the reason why Mario Kart 7 was co-produced by Retro Studios, because it threw off the schedule for when a chunk of the Skyward Sword staff was meant to finish up there and move to the Mario Kart team.
Perhaps then it was more a result of the original Wii limitations while still building off of feedback from TP. I recall one sticking point is that people got lost in TP's world and the devs thought that was a blunder. Considering how story heavy, and exploration limited both TP and SS were, the idea of having nothing to do but wander in worlds that really don't open until the late game for exploration. But at the same time, the disc media loading, and the Wii not being that much more powerful than the GC forced a very dense design of filling every area with something.

IMO SS does do a good job of there just being more to do mechanically per area than TP with its design so they did address that well. Once you got past the tutorialization in the OG Wii version. You certainly aren't standing around doing nothing for very long periods, even if WHAT you will be doing can vary in quality.

Perhaps then it was more a result of the original Wii limitations while still building off of feedback from TP. I recall one sticking point is that people got lost in TP's world and the devs thought that was a blunder. Considering how story heavy, and exploration limited both TP and SS were, the idea of having nothing to do but wander in worlds that really don't open until the late game for exploration. But at the same time, the disc media loading, and the Wii not being that much more powerful than the GC forced a very dense design of filling every area with something.

IMO SS does do a good job of there just being more to do mechanically per area than TP with its design so they did address that well. Once you got past the tutorialization in the OG Wii version. You certainly aren't standing around doing nothing for very long periods, even if WHAT you will be doing can vary in quality.
šŸŒƒ Honestl, I much prefer Skyward Sword to the switch Zelda games. I'm just too disabled to find wandering around in a massive world to be a good use of my time, energy, and pain free hand usage, and I like that in Skyward Sword I can play for an hour-hour and a half and make real meaningful progress. Plus the dungeons are amazing puzzle boxes wjth awesome visual designs and cool gimmicks and concepts. Like climbing out of hell is awesome. plus the story touched me more due to the game being linear as I got to experience it at a reasonable pace. I understand why people like openness but it's just not for me at all

Back
Top Bottom