• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sports MissingNo.'s Football Blog, featuring occasional guest posts – Fútbol is Life

How should we proceed with this thread going forward?

• Keep this thread open ad infinitum

• New thread for new season

Results are only viewable after voting.
giphy.gif

Fun fact i've just read on t-online.de

The last time Bayern got demolished this bad was some 40 years ago.

And the player who almost demolished them alone back then was .... the father of the current co-trainer of Bayern, you know, the one in charge yesterday.

Talking about some pretty funny coincidence. ^^

Fun fact i've just read on t-online.de

The last time Bayern got demolished this bad was some 40 years ago.

And the player who almost demolished them alone back then was .... the father of the current co-trainer of Bayern, you know, the one in charge yesterday.

Talking about some pretty funny coincidence. ^^
The Topmöllers — destroying Bayern since the 1970s.

@Imitatio

How's Itakura been for Schalke?
I remember his first game being a bit shaky in terms of performance, but since then I'd say he's definitely been one of the key contributors to the current winning streak in the league. He's a rather serene seeming defender, I feel, and that's definitely important for stabilizing the whole defence. I'd go as far as saying that he's the team's best centre-back right now in terms of sheer defensive skill, with Kaminski on the other hand being pretty effective in terms of offensive actions for a centre-back (two goals already, iirc).

So, yeah, in short, Itakura's been pretty, pretty good!

Barca should hire me as their next manager. My FM saves prove themselves.

No idea if Barjuan is any good but he can't be any worse than Koeman. I don't know who the next manager should be but I'm not sure about Xavi.

So that doesn't count as "sacked right away" as he lost another game after the clasico? I've failed in the poll and brought shame to my family?

So that doesn't count as "sacked right away" as he lost another game after the clasico? I've failed in the poll and brought shame to my family?
Same.

Also, could a mod please delete the poll? I didn't know I wouldn't be able to do that myself back when I created it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Same.

Also, could a mod please delete the poll? I didn't know I wouldn't be able to do that myself back when I created it. Thanks!
Well either way he's gone now. Going to a huge team during a transitional period is always a bit daft. Man Utd still haven't figured out what to do after Alex lol

Well either way he's gone now. Going to a huge team during a transitional period is always a bit daft. Man Utd still haven't figured out what to do after Alex lol
Ole is next on the chopping block for sure. Perhaps Barça an United can simply trade for the entertainment value, lmao.

Ole is next on the chopping block for sure. Perhaps Barça an United can simply trade for the entertainment value, lmao.
When I was a kid the spanking Liverpool just gave them would have been unfathomable and yet it happens now and we all just think it wasn't surprising. It's not a team, there is no fight there, and I don't know who could right it.

When I was a kid the spanking Liverpool just gave them would have been unfathomable and yet it happens now and we all just think it wasn't surprising. It's not a team, there is no fight there, and I don't know who could right it.
It’s more so the squad than manager. Barca’s squad construction has been bad for years (thanks Barto). Too many players who don’t fit (Coutinho, Dembele, Lenglet, etc) and barca hasn’t had a proper striker in a while. There have been way too many injuries, some of of which have affected a player’s career. The previous managers also relied on the older players too much. Players like Pique, Busquets, Alba are all great (and club legends) but they need to start being phased out in favor of the younger players. The signs have been there for a while - it just compounded with the departure of Messi and a bad manager (and Barto’s shit signings finally catching up). Don’t know what manager is right for Barca but the club will be fine.

Unbelievable, yet another three injured VfB players. How unlucky can you be?

I'm frustrated. We have such a promising squad, but half of it is incapacitated and what's left is barely holding together. This is bull.

Last edited:
Unbelievable, yet another three injured VfB players. How unlucky can you be?

I'm frustrated. We have such a promising squad, but half of it is incapacitated and what's left is barely holding together fucking imploding. This is bull.
Ftfy.

Nuno gone as Spurs manager. As a fan I feel sorry for him, as he was on to a hiding for nothing from the start. It's not really his fault Levy and the Board are a shambles.

Conte's been offered an 18 month contract apparantly. Given his reputation for spending big, I'm struggling to see that working, but hey ho

Yeah, winter transfer period will be funny if Conte gets a contract again.

Guess Spurs don't want to slip further down the pecking order especially if Newcastle do actually become something.

Conte to Spurs is a real House of Cards play from Levy. He realised the likes of Man U and Newcastle were eying him up, so moved first to ensure they were stuck without. Keeping Ole at Man U is perhaps the only way Spurs can finish ahead of them this season.

Conte to Spurs confirmed and CL/EL are back on the menu this week.

Just how much money is Levy willing to spend? Because no matter how high the budget, all I know is Conte is going to burn through it quickly.

Ole will always bounce back just enough to make them go "Eh, let's give him one more game, what's the worst that could happen?"

Ronaldo pops up to score and they don't lose.

Did well to get it in at that post considering it's where the keeper was

Curious to see if Ajax manage to defeat Dortmund again tonight. Would be entertaining, albeit terrible for the 5-year ranking, which is already looking not too hot for this season as is, lmao.

Oh, quick thought - are Fami playing in the Fantasy EPL? Because we could totally set up a private league.
Not me, but I've never really looked into it, tbh.

Very glad we're through to the next round. Wonder who we'll get. This is the first time in our history that we've won the first 4 games even though we won the cup 3 times already.

Back
Top Bottom