• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Midori tweets teaser for new Nintendo game, “SPRed”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Paper (Mario) RED.

I hope they aren't remaking Super Paper Mario instead of making a new one cause then we need to wait like 8 years for the next RPG game.

lol I have no clue.

Midori you are torturing me with these vague codenames ^^; What a strange thing for an insider to be leaking lol.

Last edited:
This is at least the second time Midori "leaks" a codename. Who the fuck cares? This is completely useless information, and there's no way to even verify it until whatever game this is is already out

RedStar = Odyssey
RedPro-S = NSMBU Deluxe
RedCarpet-S = 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Secred = Wonder

Does SP mean Special?

How can you possibly gather this from those five letters.
Spred is a combination of spread and red.
Mario Wonder's codename was Sacred, which it is a combination of secret and red.

There are multiple meanings for spread which I believe that may give out a hint that the new Mario game will have a some type of gimmick that allows the player to expand 1 or more worlds to be more open.

I was going to do this big, sarcastic paragraph where I feign shock at the idea of a new 3D Mario, but instead I'll just shrug, say "okay," and wonder what the hell is going on at Nintendo EPD for Midori to just be snatching codenames like this. Because I'm more impressed that she knows them more than anything else, since they're otherwise borderline useless for speculation.

c0b2db16303ae4322f6afa0e8328cb00170fc294.jpeg

Not really, I'm surprised we don't get these types of leaks more often.
If you could explain your logic then I'd be able to resonate with you but.... like from my perspective.

The leaker... either needs to have access to the filename/codename without knowing any other more viable information that the masses want to actually know.

Seems unlikely.

It seems purposeful. If the insider is talking to someone on the development team (or through multiple people that lead to that) then why would the codename be the only thing they know?

It's purposeful/playful imo.

It's strange for the codename to be the only bit of information to go down the telephone line. And if they were a direct hacker and got the info that way. They'd still have more to show. Doesn't make sense either way.

I feel like the implication that there was an Odyssey follow-up that was canned is a bigger deal than the next game's codename

I feel like the implication that there was an Odyssey follow-up that was canned is a bigger deal than the next game's codename
I've been saying this for a while now. Odyssey 2 got canned probably sometime in 2020. There's no other explanation why the 3D Mario team has been absent for almost the entirety of a console generation. Even EPD9 had Mario Kart Tour and the Booster Course Pass.

If I had to bet money, SPRed is probably a pun like Secred; Spread? Not sure what relevance that could have to the game unless things are more spread out because it's open world, lol.

GOZCz2NaQAAyDGn

SilverStar is a lot interesting for the implication of a project that has been cancelled. Always made sense to me that something went wrong within EPD Tokyo post-2017; and a cancelled project shortly after Odyssey (partially recycled in Bowser's Fury, perhaps?) would explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom