• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Metroid |ST| Trust The Process

Are we finally seeing Metroid Prime 4's re-reveal in the next Nintendo Direct?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been playing Metroid Fusion on my Analogue Pocket recently.

I've never actually finished it before. The aesthetic isn't my favorite, and the strict linear gameplay always turned me off before I got very far. I've made a few attempts in the past but always dropped it pretty quick. Decided to make another attempt on the Pocket and finally this time it's clicking. I just beat Serris, which isn't very far, but it's farther than I've ever gotten.

I guess I don't have too much to say other than I'm glad I'm finally making it through. The Pocket has really reignited my enjoyment of gameboy games, it's a better experience than pc emulation or the original hardware.

So I randomly wanted to try super Metroid again. I want to beat one Metroid game before I try Dread again. I reached Kraid and actually beat him ( I couldn’t even beat the chozo statue in my teens). I reached Kraid in Zero Mission and couldn’t beat him, and been waiting for it to hit NSO to retry. This has been great to randomly pick up Super Metroid. I feel like I was so daft the last times. The furthest I got in a Metroid game was Prime after the space pirate lab that goes dark (and then getting lost having to deal with the chozo ghosts when looking for paths). In Super Metroid figuring out the shoot beside the mouth drove me crazy figuring out where to go. I had an instinct but I thought my bombs could do it. Had to google that, I am glad my intuition was atleast semi accurate. But yeah maybe this will be the time. I am surprised how many power ups you get to this point.

Hi Fi Rush was a good video game.

Metroid.
I'm sorry, but the only non-Metroid property allowed to be discussed here is Seinfeld (because it takes place within the same fictional universe). Please kindly vacate the premises immediately, or I'll need to have you removed by a trusted member of the Galactic Federation Police. 🙂 Thank you.

which one, Mihoshi or Kiyone?
PM5AyIK.jpg

I'm sorry, but the only non-Metroid property allowed to be discussed here is Seinfeld (because it takes place within the same fictional universe). Please kindly vacate the premises immediately, or I'll need to have you removed by a trusted member of the Galactic Federation Police. 🙂 Thank you.
Actually, I think Hi-Fi Rush is a Metroid game, I think. It's allowed now. No need to summon those pigs!

Lore-wise, the Galactic Federation Police are more specifically a branch of the military tasked with combating the Space Pirate threat, rather than your run-of-the-mill law enforcement. The pic I posted depicts Samus disobeying orders to save a child from being executed by Pirate slavers. She's always been a maverick who'll follow her heart and do the right thing, rather than some institution stooge.

What I'm trying to say is...

Samus Aran doesn't do what Samus Aran does for Samus Aran. Samus Aran does what Samus Aran does because Samus Aran is Samus Aran.

Lore-wise, the Galactic Federation Police are more specifically a branch of the military tasked with combating the Space Pirate threat, rather than your run-of-the-mill law enforcement. The pic I posted depicts Samus disobeying orders to save a child from being executed by Pirate slavers. She's always been a maverick who'll follow her heart and do the right thing, rather than some institution stooge.

What I'm trying to say is...

Samus Aran doesn't do what Samus Aran does for Samus Aran. Samus Aran does what Samus Aran does because Samus Aran is Samus Aran.
clapping-seinfeld.gif

For me it's a bit of a shame that Smash Bros never featured a Prime Samus design as her playable form, I'd always hoped to get one.

64 and Melee were both based on Super Metroid.
Brawl is based on Zero Mission. Although the Zero Mission design was basically the artists mashing Super Metroid and Metroid Prime together, so in a round about way we get a little bit of Prime influence in there.
Then WiiU and Ultimate both use the Other M design.

No playable Prime Samus across 5 games. The closest we get is trophies.
Although with Ultimate we did get some playable Prime representation with Dark Samus and the Meta Ridley alternate costume.

But as for Samus herself, it seems the Japanese/2D series is favored over the Prime series. So if another Smash game were to happen, it currently seems more likely that we might see Dread Samus. Or maybe Returns Samus if a more classic styled design is favored.
But those are both good designs so it would still be cool.

I hadn't thought about the possibility that they make Dread Samus the default in Smash 6. Orange is such an iconic color on Samus... but so was green on Link.

You mostly just need to make sure not to get caught mid-air when it starts up its projectile attack, and you'll be able to dodge it pretty consistently.

They should have the option of playing the game on dread mode while having the option to do regular mode on the bosses

Replayed Metroid Prime after many years with Remastered and I think they should really do something about collectibles in the series.
Missile Expansions suffer from the same issue Koroks do: there's too many of them. Obvoiously it's so that a casual player could have at least a hundred. There aren't as as many as koroks, so relatively inversted player can get them all, but still too many so that last few feel like a chore. Last ones add, what, 2% to your overall missile count? Recent indie 'Vanias cracked the code and made nearly every collectible unique or desired in some way, and I really hope Metroid follows. When playing La-Mulana or Hollow Knight I was way more invested in traversing half the world for something that might help me A LOT or change my playstyle as opposed to one of fifty identical collectibles.

I've been playing Metroid Fusion on my Analogue Pocket recently.

I've never actually finished it before. The aesthetic isn't my favorite, and the strict linear gameplay always turned me off before I got very far. I've made a few attempts in the past but always dropped it pretty quick. Decided to make another attempt on the Pocket and finally this time it's clicking. I just beat Serris, which isn't very far, but it's farther than I've ever gotten.

I guess I don't have too much to say other than I'm glad I'm finally making it through. The Pocket has really reignited my enjoyment of gameboy games, it's a better experience than pc emulation or the original hardware.
The Pocket is so good for Metroid! You can play the entire original tetralogy plus Zero Mission. Truly the ultimate classic Metroid machine.

I suggest the recent SNES remake for Metroid 1, and the EJRTQ colorization for II.

So I got the speed boosters and the power bomb and the ice beam. The trap door ice beam threw me! I felt soooooooo daft. I needed help for that. But that taught me better when you get trapped by the power bomb area, shot the ground to get to the booster room. Shooting the ground is so necessary. I need to do that habit more. I always shoot up. That first place where you use the speed booster is so cool and damn blowing back into the old save room? Fun. The speed booster has great game feel. The minute where you take that route back to your ship with the music is just so heat. I thought it was time to go to the wrecked ship but clearly need something for the water (I am guessing gravity suit or the hook shot beat). I am kinda overwhelmed being back at the start to start searching for power bomb rooms. I don’t want to do the ice beam shooting beetle platforming. I am not a fan of that. I kinda want to go to the statue room just to see what it looks like with Kraid dead. Looking forward to continuing

Replayed Metroid Prime after many years with Remastered and I think they should really do something about collectibles in the series.
Missile Expansions suffer from the same issue Koroks do: there's too many of them. Obvoiously it's so that a casual player could have at least a hundred. There aren't as as many as koroks, so relatively inversted player can get them all, but still too many so that last few feel like a chore. Last ones add, what, 2% to your overall missile count? Recent indie 'Vanias cracked the code and made nearly every collectible unique or desired in some way, and I really hope Metroid follows. When playing La-Mulana or Hollow Knight I was way more invested in traversing half the world for something that might help me A LOT or change my playstyle as opposed to one of fifty identical collectibles.
Making collectables more unique would definitely help the series, but I think missile expansions are probably here to stay. They could add some more interesting stuff here and there, though, too - I'm thinking things like the Wavebuster and the other super-missile-equivalents for the different beam types in Metroid Prime. If they expanded on stuff like that and made them a bit more useful and interesting that'd be pretty cool. And also cut down on the mostly-useless upgrades like Ship Missiles in Prime 3.

Last edited:
I didn’t like the ship stuff in Prime 3
Prime 3 in general had a weird mix of really cool abilities, but also a lot of mostly-useless or highly situational abilities. Ship missiles sucked, as did most of the ship upgrades. And a lot of the 'big' upgrades were just hyper mode add-ons which always felt pretty boring. I hope hyper mode or some type of hyper-mode equivalent doesn't return.

Making collectables more unique would definitely help the series, but I think missile expansions are probably here to stay. They could add some more interesting stuff here and there, though, too - I'm thinking things like the Wavebuster and the other super-missile-equivalents for the different beam types in Metroid Prime. If they expanded on stuff like that and made them a bit more useful and interesting that'd be pretty cool. And also cut down on the mostly-useless upgrades like Ship Missiles in Prime 3.
I was thinking that maybe missile upgrades could add 25 each and should be in more prominent places so that casual players wouldn't miss them. Hell, Prime already kinda does that. There's one near Incinerator Drone, one in the morph ball tube leading to Tallon's Crashed Ship... This is also why they are a little weird, as game can give out some like candy but then there are some that are hidden in absolutely devious places that you find, and for those to give you only 5 missiles kinda hurts. And considering you'll likely encounter harder ones later it'll only mean they will matter less to you.

Ship Missiles, unless Prime 4 is in developement hell, was definitely a one-and-done thing that was supposed to play a bigger role. I'd be interested to see a Prime 3 rerelease since I've played that one the least (and completed it maybe twice). After being somewhat disappointed in world design of Prime, I wonder how 3's holds up. The only thing I remember about flying back and forth is how hilarious it was to hear Samus' jingle again and again. Its triumphant nature gets really silly once you see Samus emerge for the 50th time.

I feel the exact opposite about this, getting the most incremental upgrades in Hollow Knight is like pulling teeth, the vast majority of what you find while exploring is vendor trash.

Much prefer the way Metroid handles this to anything else I've ever seen in the genre. There's usually nothing at all to pick up which isn't a very straightforward upgrade to Samus's abilities. Not some random badge you can potentially equip that gives +2% attack for 2 seconds after a backflip, not a key, not money; just pure upgrades.

Yeah, add me to the people who don't think Metroid should follow in Hollow Knight's footsteps. In fact, I like Hollow Knight, but it's probably one of the worst examples of rewarding the player in any good Metroidvania. Yeah the badge system is cool, when you get a useful badge, but that is extremely rare. 85% of the time your reward for exploration is the exploration itself, either because there's no rewards or because they're bad.

I do agree that there's an issue with too many missile expansions but I think this is more of a problem with how the series took away the splitting of super missiles and missiles. While the actual game design behind keeping super missiles as just 5 missiles being consumed is good (because then missile expansions always stay useful), it definitely feels less cool than just having two types of missile expansions. It also populates the map with expansions for different resources when you have the traditional two different missiles system which in turn means less flooding of missile expansions.

To add to this a bit since I don't think tackling the Hollow Knight comparison does justice to what Vookatos was actually proposing, would it be cool to have a Metroid game where every upgrade is unique and extremely meaningful? Yes. Does it seem like it would actually fit with Metroid in practice? Not really. Metroid's incrementalism is extremely important to the series, it's almost like an XP system in an RPG, and yes you can make a good RPG without leveling and there have been some that have been made, but it changes a lot of what you can do with the formula. Incrementalism allows Metroid to have non-linearity in how you pickup expansions since players aren't going to miss critical expansions they missed along the way, it also allows players to not feel FOMO since most of the important upgrades are unlocked as part of the critical path, whereas every power up being unique would just lock mechanics out for most players. It's a cool idea to have a Metroid game where every item pickup is meaningful instead of there being a lot of expansions, but I'm not sure it's realistic, and it especially doesn't seem to fit with Prime's scope.

I do sympathize with the general complaint though - there are too many pickups in the newer games in general including the 2D games (Dread wasn't that fun to 100%), and for Prime there is other problems that makes 100% it dull. But in fairness, I don't like 100%ing most games in general, so given a choice between making every item unique and throwing out the formula or just ignoring some missile expansions I'll do the later.

I am being trolled by the energy tank in Brinstar aren’t I? I barely can do the wall jump, luckily good enough to exit so not doing that again lol

I am being trolled by the energy tank in Brinstar aren’t I? I barely can do the wall jump, luckily good enough to exit so not doing that again lol
The most important thing to know about the Wall Jump is that it's performed via sequential input, rather than simultaneous. Press a direction away from the wall, and then the jump button. You'll know the timing for pressing jump from a unique sprite of Samus that looks like this:

ctnmqVj.png

z3q3bqo.png

The most important thing to know about the Wall Jump is that it's performed via sequential input, rather than simultaneous. Press a direction away from the wall, and then the jump button. You'll know the timing for pressing jump from a unique sprite of Samus that looks like this:

ctnmqVj.png

z3q3bqo.png
This. It took me about 15 years to realize the wall jump in Super Metroid doesn't work like it does in other Metroid games, or other games in general.

ctnmqVj.png

z3q3bqo.png
Oh that makes a ton of sense. I might try again then soon. So I just figured out the Super Jump. Following that ostrich felt great, these buddies are great. I am now stuck on Crocomire. I feel daft, I know what to do but my reflexes trash for it. Got so close to the bridge but ran out of missiles by then.

I hadn't thought about the possibility that they make Dread Samus the default in Smash 6. Orange is such an iconic color on Samus... but so was green on Link.

I really want it to be honest. Metroid 5 was supposed to be the end of the arc. Start M6 with something fresh from both story and gameplay perspectives.

Specifically, what's unique about the wall jump is that you have to press away from the wall before hitting jump, which is backwards from how it works in anything else that didn't get it directly from Super Metroid.

I am now stuck on Crocomire. I feel daft, I know what to do but my reflexes trash for it. Got so close to the bridge but ran out of missiles by then.
I think you can shoot his projectiles to get more, but you actually don't need missiles at all! You can win by just jumping and firing a charge beam shot into his mouth every time he opens it. This usually works against most Metroid bosses as a failsafe if you run out of missiles, but it's particularly effective with Crocomire due to the nature of that fight making the charge time irrelevant.

I feel the exact opposite about this, getting the most incremental upgrades in Hollow Knight is like pulling teeth, the vast majority of what you find while exploring is vendor trash.

Much prefer the way Metroid handles this to anything else I've ever seen in the genre. There's usually nothing at all to pick up which isn't a very straightforward upgrade to Samus's abilities. Not some random badge you can potentially equip that gives +2% attack for 2 seconds after a backflip, not a key, not money; just pure upgrades.
This is a very reductive way to view badges. All of them change the game significantly and none of them are as situational. From length and speed of your attack, different spells, length of heal/charge, different HP values. Things you describe are more akin to looter shooter upgrades, and nothing in that game gives any meaningless percentage. Maybe there's one or two I'm forgetting, but that's out of, what, 30?

I only brought up Hollow Knight because it's one Vania everyone's played, I don't believe badges are what will revitalize Metroid.

Instead, I want, indeed, straightforward upgrades, except ones that matter, and not 50 missiles. At a certain point missile upgrades become meaningless collectible that you grab just for percentage's sake, not unlike seeking out a shiny in an open-world game for no reason other than to get a message "25/25 collected!"

More optional things would be great, like Prime's beam/missile combos, but maybe also something like reducing the sheer appetite for missiles that Wavebuster has. Something that's valuable without feeling unnecessary. I have also made example of how La Mulana does it, but I get that no one's played it so it's fallen on deaf ears and now people talk about Hollow Knight. While La-Mulana is far more puzzly, there are some upgrades that are just pure buffs to player, like additional weapons that are completely optional.

As it stands, you get everything interesting in Metroid by just following a path, and exploration is akin to level ups that become more and more negligible as time progresses. It doesn't help that so many things travel from game to game that you're barely surprised by what you find on a linear path either. Upgrades can wary and one game might have a spider ball or a wave beam while others might lack them, but in the end you're left with 90% of collectibles being "Oh, that again" or "Oh, they brought this back"

TL;DR more cool upgrades, NOT the way Hollow Knight does it in terms of badges - just more unique stuff.

Regarding "Dread as the end of the story arc", Sakamoto said something similar back in 1994

With this story, this time it's on the same planet - Zebes is the setting, isn't it?​

Sakamoto: This time I wanted to complete the Metroid series. Also, I wanted to bring back an old enemy. A nemesis would be revived, and for the sake of portraying an image of this showdown with Samus, this time it could only happen on Planet Zebes. This is what I thought. The battle between Samus and Mother Brain would come to an end. I wanted to show what happens at the end of Metroid.
And Super Metroid really was the end of the series! No more Space Pirates, and Mother Brain is gone for good. Fusion had to retcon in the existence of the X parasite, to kick-start new narrative threads. They (very cleverly) used the ramifications of Metroid II as a premise.

A different approach was taken by the Prime series, Other M and the remakes, which explored some gaps in the series' past (though note that Adam was introduced in Fusion, too). Unfortunately, Other wanted both to explore Samus past and to tell a post-SM story, and so we had the (awkward) scenario of "Zebes is gone... but cloned! Ridley included" (which is also a little too similar to what happened in Fusion). This devalued the idea of SM as the ending of the Mother Brain story arc, and of the series (as a whole) as an ever-evolving coherent narrative.

I think the next story arc will focus on Samus' status as "the last Metroid", Adam, and the mysterious organization behind the E.M.M.I.. I really hope we'll never see Ridley or the Space Pirates again (and no more clones, please).

Ridley is too iconic for him to rest for long, especially after appearing in Smash. He'll find a way back, even if it's as a literal ghost, like Phantoon lol
Phantoon scares me enough, jesus
Specter Ridley might end my brain

Ridley is too iconic for him to rest for long, especially after appearing in Smash. He'll find a way back, even if it's as a literal ghost, like Phantoon lol
When they added the boss rush to Dread, I expected him to show up as a secret boss -- as a "memory", maybe alongside Mother Brain and the Metroid Queen. In the end, he didn't, but the idea of divorcing Ridley's appearance in a game from him having a proper narrative role would work, I think.

Or Phantoon himself (themself?) could temporarily assume the form of Samus' past enemies, including Ridley.

This is a very reductive way to view badges. All of them change the game significantly and none of them are as situational. From length and speed of your attack, different spells, length of heal/charge, different HP values. Things you describe are more akin to looter shooter upgrades, and nothing in that game gives any meaningless percentage. Maybe there's one or two I'm forgetting, but that's out of, what, 30?

I only brought up Hollow Knight because it's one Vania everyone's played, I don't believe badges are what will revitalize Metroid.

Instead, I want, indeed, straightforward upgrades, except ones that matter, and not 50 missiles. At a certain point missile upgrades become meaningless collectible that you grab just for percentage's sake, not unlike seeking out a shiny in an open-world game for no reason other than to get a message "25/25 collected!"

More optional things would be great, like Prime's beam/missile combos, but maybe also something like reducing the sheer appetite for missiles that Wavebuster has. Something that's valuable without feeling unnecessary. I have also made example of how La Mulana does it, but I get that no one's played it so it's fallen on deaf ears and now people talk about Hollow Knight. While La-Mulana is far more puzzly, there are some upgrades that are just pure buffs to player, like additional weapons that are completely optional.

As it stands, you get everything interesting in Metroid by just following a path, and exploration is akin to level ups that become more and more negligible as time progresses. It doesn't help that so many things travel from game to game that you're barely surprised by what you find on a linear path either. Upgrades can wary and one game might have a spider ball or a wave beam while others might lack them, but in the end you're left with 90% of collectibles being "Oh, that again" or "Oh, they brought this back"

TL;DR more cool upgrades, NOT the way Hollow Knight does it in terms of badges - just more unique stuff.
I actually wasn't talking about Hollow Knight's badges, rather the kind of stuff you pick up in games with more RPG mechanics. I just watched a friend play through Tevi, and it had countless badges just like that. It's basically Paper Mario's badge system, but by the end of the game your BP numbers in the high hundreds, it's functional but pretty ridiculous and it seems like you usually need to rely on synergy to get anything particularly meaningful out of them. Castlevania does the same sort of thing with its equipment, to a slightly less exaggerated extent (a lot of it just seems outright useless compared to what you already have, especially in SotN, rather than being ridiculously specific in its benefits).

If it's optional abilities that you're after though, I should point out that this is yet again something Super Metroid already solved and the rest of the series forgot about. In addition to being the last Metroid to really introduce a large number of new abilities, a surprising number of them, including all of the beam upgrades besides Ice, are completely optional. Sure, you can skip things like the Grapple Beam if you know special techniques, but what I mean is that there's a whole assortment of items that were never actually part of the intended path to begin with, and I believe it's the last Metroid to do that to any real extent. Prime had those novelty beam combos for a while, but these are all legitimately really useful and practical things.

I guess AM2R, being fairly faithful to Metroid II, also takes this approach, now that I think about it. It has the occasional required item, but it stays true to the original in that gathering upgrades is almost purely to give you an edge, so the vast majority are optional and it lets you skip quite a bit more than Super or any of the games after it. Even items that are usually very much part of the main path, like the Varia Suit, can be missed here. No super-heated areas added just to make you pick it up! I suppose it's kind of like a time capsule of primordial 8-bit Metroid, where nearly all upgrades were just useful things to find instead of the driving force of progression like would become the series' signature.

Regarding "Dread as the end of the story arc", Sakamoto said something similar back in 1994

And Super Metroid really was the end of the series! No more Space Pirates, and Mother Brain is gone for good. Fusion had to retcon in the existence of the X parasite, to kick-start new narrative threads. They (very cleverly) used the ramifications of Metroid II as a premise.

A different approach was taken by the Prime series, Other M and the remakes, which explored some gaps in the series' past (though note that Adam was introduced in Fusion, too). Unfortunately, Other wanted both to explore Samus past and to tell a post-SM story, and so we had the (awkward) scenario of "Zebes is gone... but cloned! Ridley included" (which is also a little too similar to what happened in Fusion). This devalued the idea of SM as the ending of the Mother Brain story arc, and of the series (as a whole) as an ever-evolving coherent narrative.

I think the next story arc will focus on Samus' status as "the last Metroid", Adam, and the mysterious organization behind the E.M.M.I.. I really hope we'll never see Ridley or the Space Pirates again (and no more clones, please).
Ah yes, I remember that "Playing with Super Power" book Prima Games made in 2017 mentioned that.

73187781e3ba5449c6390db4583137a1.png

Was wondering where the source for that was. Kinda funny that even though at the time it was meant to be the conclusion of Metroid, it still has the "See you next mission!" in the results screen.

EDIT: posted this before in another thread, but it also reminds me of the official NCL Other M guidebook....

2ab5fa776a644300f35e34e34f59919a.png

Translation using DeepL:

Metroid World: The footsteps of Samus, the protagonist of the series.

The story of Samus Aran and Metroid is the basic story of the initial trilogy. The other works are Gaiden and After Stories. Let's look back at the record of battles throughout the series.

FYI: "The initial trilogy" is obviously referring to Metroid/Zero Mission, Metroid II (which would now also include Samus Returns) and then Super. Other M and Fusion (and also now Dread) would obviously be the "After Stories" while the Prime games are the "Gaiden Stories".

Last edited:
Ah yes, I remember that "Playing with Super Power" book Prima Games made in 2017 mentioned that.

73187781e3ba5449c6390db4583137a1.png

Was wondering where the source for that was. Kinda funny that even though at the time it was meant to be the conclusion of Metroid, it still has the "See you next mission!" in the results screen.

EDIT: posted this before in another thread, but it also reminds me of the official NCL Other M guidebook....

2ab5fa776a644300f35e34e34f59919a.png

Translation using DeepL:

Metroid World: The footsteps of Samus, the protagonist of the series.

The story of Samus Aran and Metroid is the basic story of the initial trilogy. The other works are Gaiden and After Stories. Let's look back at the record of battles throughout the series.

FYI: "The initial trilogy" is obviously referring to Metroid/Zero Mission, Metroid II (which would now also include Samus Returns) and then Super. Other M and Fusion (and also now Dread) would obviously be the "After Stories" while the Prime games are the "Gaiden Stories".
Thanks for posting this! How is Hunter designated? The Gaiden story of the Gaiden stories? :p

I think the original source is the interview I linked, from the Japanese guide of Super Metroid: https://metroiddatabase.com/old_site/sm/interview.php

Sakamoto does allude to a new game at the end of the interview
What will Samus do next?

Sakamoto: I can't clearly say right now, but I think I want to make her the main character in an action game.

A bit late to the Dread mode discussion, but I recommend a Dread mode playthrough to anyone who is on the fence! It's tricky, but not as undoable as it might initially seem. It's a really neat way to figure out whether you master the game, but it's not too punishing given that the game is fairly forgiving with its numerous checkpoints.

If it's optional abilities that you're after though, I should point out that this is yet again something Super Metroid already solved and the rest of the series forgot about. In addition to being the last Metroid to really introduce a large number of new abilities, a surprising number of them, including all of the beam upgrades besides Ice, are completely optional. Sure, you can skip things like the Grapple Beam if you know special techniques, but what I mean is that there's a whole assortment of items that were never actually part of the intended path to begin with, and I believe it's the last Metroid to do that to any real extent. Prime had those novelty beam combos for a while, but these are all legitimately really useful and practical things.
I liked the beam combos tbh. They felt like unique power-ups that were for those that went out of their way to explore every nook and cranny. I have no clue whether they are useless or not though, but it sure felt badass to take down Metroid Prime with a flamethrower.

I liked the beam combos tbh. They felt like unique power-ups that were for those that went out of their way to explore every nook and cranny. I have no clue whether they are useless or not though, but it sure felt badass to take down Metroid Prime with a flamethrower.
The wavebuster is super useful against the invisible sentry bots and the ice spreader works pretty well for the Omega Pirate. The corresponding beam combos are good for doing big damage to Prime quickly, but on harder difficulties you'll be out of missiles by the second or third stage. Other than that there's no particular application for them, unless you really want to wipe out the colour coded pirates quickly.
I prefer the beam combos from Prime 2 anyway, the Sonic Boom is so cool and it decimates the Emperor Ing's first stage.

The wavebuster is super useful against the invisible sentry bots and the ice spreader works pretty well for the Omega Pirate. The corresponding beam combos are good for doing big damage to Prime quickly, but on harder difficulties you'll be out of missiles by the second or third stage. Other than that there's no particular application for them, unless you really want to wipe out the colour coded pirates quickly.
I prefer the beam combos from Prime 2 anyway, the Sonic Boom is so cool and it decimates the Emperor Ing's first stage.
I think I remember using the Sonic Boom yeah, but only vaguely. I didn't really enjoy the ending sequence in Prime 2 tbh, so I looked up good strats for the Emperor after I died once. The boss fights in the game in general weren't very fun to me, and the two final fights were no exception. I also expected a little more from the Emperor Ing's dwelling.

Back
Top Bottom