• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Metroid |ST| Praise The Process

Metroid Prime 4 in the June 2024 Nintendo Direct?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has anyone played Prime on Hard? Do you guys think it's worth it to play Metroid Prime Remastered on Hard? I want to do a replay already but and want some challenge but I also feel like a hard mode for this game might just be tedious

Hard mode is pretty much just enemies take double the damage and so does Samus. It makes it quite a bit more difficult. To me it's the only way to play. The game on Normal is just way too easy with how much better the remaster controls.

Has anyone played Prime on Hard? Do you guys think it's worth it to play Metroid Prime Remastered on Hard? I want to do a replay already but and want some challenge but I also feel like a hard mode for this game might just be tedious
Unless you really want to 100% the gallery, don't bother. It's not that much more difficult and a lot of the bosses just become endurance tests (the last two were particularly insufferable).
Yeah, I'm gonna second what Boz is saying here. I did finish MPR on Hard, but truth be told, I don't remember it having made for a particularly interesting or differentiated experience.

I do remember kicking Metroid Prime's ass with all the beam combos at the end. I suppose ensuring your item collection has been on-point up until the end is way more important on Hard. The Core Essence is some fuckery though. It's not even tough, just tediously takes forever to kill!

Folks, I'm currently in the process of performing a total lore analysis on that figure I bought, and here are my preliminary findings.

Right off the bat, things are not looking good! The figure's description on the back erroneously states that Samus's Varia Suit grants her the Morph Ball capability and Arm Cannon, when that couldn't be further from the truth. Indeed, true Metroid fans are aware of the basic fact that the Power Suit is what grants Samus use of the Arm Cannon, with the Morph Ball being a separate upgrade completely unrelated to the Varia Suit.
Mgy28JK.jpeg
Next, I've noticed an inconsistency in the paint job lore. See, this is a pic of my figure. Notice the visor being solid green, and the four colored lines on the Arm Cannon going from light, to dark:
Now, compare that to the lore depicted on the figure in the pic from the tweet I originally posted. Notice the visor having a bit of white paint on it, along with the Arm Cannon line colors instead going from dark, to light:
Just what the hell kinda show are they running over at Jakks Pacific?! I won't stand for broken lore. It's completely unacceptable. This is almost worse than Samus having had the wrong knee raised in the Metroid Dread prologue:
In conclusion, I think I'll unfortunately have to return this figure.

This is an intentionally godawful shitpost, please don't kill me

This is almost worse than Samus having had the wrong knee raised in the Metroid Dread prologue:
Reminds me of Chris Tucker saying that after Rush Hour 2 came out he got a random call from Michael Jackson saying "chris you were kicking with the wrong leg"

If you just did it recently maybe not, but I remember enjoying the stiffer challenge way back in the day. Wish it was unlocked from the start especially with how much easier motion controls on Wii and dual stick controls with the remaster can make the game.

Wait

Mercury Steam made Lords of Shadow?

Nintendo seriously gave Metroid to a studio that made a Castlevania and then told us to stop calling the genre Metroidvania??? 🤨
Lmao. Yes they did make all 3 Lords of Shadow games: 1, Mirror of Fate, and 2. In fact, it was Mirror of Fate that convinced Sakamoto to work with MercurySteam on Metroid in the first place.

Explicit confirmation of MercurySteam currently developing two games.
We know one of them is Project Iron in collaboration with 505 Games and I think the other game is the next 2D Metroid.

Kind of figured, given the apparent budget on Project Iron. The studio is too big for that to have been their only project.

Wait

Nintendo seriously gave Metroid to a studio that made a Castlevania and then told us to stop calling the genre Metroidvania??? 🤨
Yup. It's wild. They're the only studio who've worked on both.

I would assume after Dread was such a hit they internally greenlit Metroid 6 immediately. I'm expecting it to be an early Switch 2 title, 2025/2026 or so.

I would assume after Dread was such a hit they internally greenlit Metroid 6 immediately. I'm expecting it to be an early Switch 2 title, 2025/2026 or so.
That'd be almost surreal. 19 year gap between Metroid 4 and 5, and only a 4-5 year gap between Metroid 5 and 6. It would be so nice not to have to wait most of my life for one of these again.

That'd be almost surreal. 19 year gap between Metroid 4 and 5, and only a 4-5 year gap between Metroid 5 and 6. It would be so nice not to have to wait most of my life for one of these again.
Well they did spend much of the 2000s trying to get Dread off the ground to no avail lol. I think the rearranging of R&D made it difficult for Metroid to have a consistent dev team, but I would imagine Mercury Stream is happy to keep working on Metroid games, surely Dread outsold the rest of their games easily.

We're a couple weeks away from Prime 3's 16th anniversary. So it will probably end up being around 17 years between 3 and 4. Wild.

Wait

Well, some Castlevanias are Metroidvanias, but no Metroids are Metroidvanias. Kapeesh?

I hope Metroid 6 answers what happened to them. I wonder if they are living with Samus.

Edx7nfwXkAE1R7n.jpg

I wanna know so badly! I hope these sweet babies are doing okay. In my mind, Samus left them somewhere tranquil and serene. They should've at least gotten a gallery image.

Metroid 6 won't hold the answers you seek.

Because they're off having a grand time in the F-Zero Grand Prix. When the series returns, watch for dachora and etecoons in a trenchcoat! You have Shinespark power![/i]

I wanna know so badly! I hope these sweet babies are doing okay. In my mind, Samus left them somewhere tranquil and serene. They should've at least gotten a gallery image.
She didn't leave them anywhere, they fly out on their own. If you rescue them then you see a second ship leaving Zebes right before the big splodey

to be honest those games are like the biggest success the castlevania series has saw loll.
Yep, MercurySteam is the only studio to have made both Castlevania and Metroid and simultaneously made the best selling game in their respective series (Lords of Shadow 1 and Metroid Dread).

They live with her, darn it. And I will continue to believe this until presented with definitive proof to the contrary!
I wonder if we'll ever get a look at Samus's residence in the games themselves. The Magazine Z manga depicts it as a lone structure adjacent to a forest, with room for her ship, and a city visible in the distance.

I wonder if we'll ever get a look at Samus's residence in the games themselves. The Magazine Z manga depicts it as a lone structure adjacent to a forest, with room for her ship, and a city visible in the distance.
I was just thinking about this earlier, actually. Maybe they could at least include it as a post-game image or cutscene? Perhaps tie it to completion percentage or something?

I was just thinking about this earlier, actually. Maybe they could at least include it as a post-game image or cutscene? Perhaps tie it to completion percentage or something?
I'd love that. Post-game art I think would be the ideal way to do it, assuming they wouldn't wanna go through the effort of modeling her home for what would likely end up just a brief cutscene.

The Fusion and Zero Mission endings in particular are some of my favorites, due to the fact that they depict a bit of Samus's life outside of the stories contained within the games themselves:

m4jap_ending2.gif
m4jap_ending4.gif

mzm_ending5.gif
mzm_ending6.gif

Samus has a house?!
Of course! She can't just live in her ship and work 24/7, especially considering those things get destroyed so often!

I'd love that. Post-game art I think would be the ideal way to do it, assuming they wouldn't wanna go through the effort of modeling her home for what would likely end up just a brief cutscene.

The Fusion and Zero Mission endings in particular are some of my favorites, due to the fact that they depict a bit of Samus's life outside of the stories contained within the games themselves:

m4jap_ending2.gif
m4jap_ending4.gif

mzm_ending5.gif
mzm_ending6.gif

Of course! She can't just live in her ship and work 24/7, especially considering those things get destroyed so often!
Samus just casually sitting at the bar has got to be my favourite ending screen. I love it so much :D

Random thought: whenever something doesn't go my way, I think to myself, "this is no doubt the work of Raven Beak."

...I really should replay Dread sometime soon.

m4jap_ending2.gif
m4jap_ending4.gif

mzm_ending5.gif
mzm_ending6.gif

fusion's art is probably one of the worst in the series lmao. Anime doesnt belongs on that level on metroid, period.

fusion's art is probably one of the worst in the series lmao. Anime doesnt belongs on that level on metroid, period.
I completely disagree! I see nothing wrong with Fusion's ending images. I'm not really sure what "anime doesn't belong on that level in Metroid" means. If they ever adapt the manga into an anime, well, that's gonna be a Metroid anime.

Disagree. I would be totally on-board with them going even more anime in a lot of ways, and like Aurc said an actual anime adaptation would be great.

Wait what? When did that happen?
I'm mostly joking, Nintendo never said "don't call it that," what they did was push their own name for the genre, which they call "search-action." It became a bit of a running gag here for a bit.

You do realize "anime" is not even considered an art style in Japan, right? People just draw however they draw and "anime" is the term they use for all forms of animation (including western styles). So saying "anime style should not be in this Japanese game" is like saying the Japanese company should, first of all, be aware that some foreigners are put off by practically all the styles of animation coming out of their country, then second, hired a foreign artist just to appeal to foreign tastes. Which is kiiiinda overkill imo. 😅

You do realize "anime" is not even considered an art style in Japan, right?
I dont feel like that point is relevant tbh. It's obvious that by anime i just meant the "generic ugly af artstyle" but i think calling it that would be even worse lol.
Hired a foreign artist just to appeal to foreign tastes. Which is kiiiinda overkill imo. 😅
Even at this point Metroid was already vastly more appealing to the western world than Japan, so yeah, maybe they should lol.

Zero Mission looks so much better than Fusion, its crazy, in some of fusion's ending art's samus's hair looks like a wig falling off, who even drew that.

I completely disagree! I see nothing wrong with Fusion's ending images. I'm not really sure what "anime doesn't belong on that level in Metroid" means. If they ever adapt the manga into an anime, well, that's gonna be a Metroid anime.
I do, they are overdone to the point where some of them feel like they were drawn by a thirteen year old who really likes old anime.

And they wont be adapting the manga.

Back
Top Bottom