• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Metroid Prime Remastered is the top selling game on Amazon and the Nintendo eShop

Hero of Hyrule

Frieren the Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him
OdvoHvG.png

Credit to @Lady Bow for this.

Additionally, it's also #1 on the US and Canadian eShops.

Hopefully this continues the Metroid resurgence that started back with Dread!

Deserved. It will easily outsell the original which is rare for a remaster but the lacking sales of the GC really held it back,.

It's #1 on the RotW e-shop to.

It's going to be very interesting what the chart-team on installbase will show on sunday. Fully expecting it to be a top the charts in many many countries.

Helps that the price is super duper impulse buy territory and the game is a highly rated title, obviously people will see the 90+ metascore even tho it’s only 5 reviews.

Lately the industry has seen that people are willing to spend full price for great games/well received games. So 40 bucks must got a lot of folks going “I’ll give it a shot”

Best part about Prime not selling a gazillion copies before?
Now it gets to sell a bazillion!!! I’m tearing up for all the people who’ll experience it for the first time 🥲

It was 20th on the Brazilian eShop yesterday, but today it shot up to 8th. I guess people are starting to realize it exists.

Although I'm skeptical, I hope it sells well and surpasses Nintendo's expectations (which I'm guessing were pretty low).

Love it.

NOW I just hope Nintendo did in fact consider having fans old and new be able to experience Prime 2 and 3 before 4...

This is what happens when the process receives the trust it deserves! We had to wait years, but I knew this remaster had to come out eventually. Glad to see it doing well. The $40 price point for such high quality work is really something.

Hope so too. I have a sinking suspicion that even at $40 it’s going to fall perhaps only slightly above Dread, the 4-5 million range. Wonder if that’s good enough?
If it sells in that range odds are it's Nintendo's second best-selling release in the first half of this year. I'm sure that would be more than enough from Nintendo's perspective; it's not as if they demand 5 million plus from all their games.

Hope so too. I have a sinking suspicion that even at $40 it’s going to fall perhaps only slightly above Dread, the 4-5 million range. Wonder if that’s good enough?
I wonder if Nintendo is even going to report on its sales or if they consider it too "minor" of a release to report on considering its lower price and day one release.

I wonder if Nintendo is even going to report on its sales or if they consider it too "minor" of a release to report on considering its lower price and day one release.
Nintendo will report on its sales if it sells over a million. That’s how it works lol.

Haha, buying both Prime and TotK actually costs less than two $60 games :p

Tbh I think surprise releasing your remastered version of an all time classic on a Wednesday night in February is the mark of supreme confidence that your product can and will sell on merit alone.
Okay, that's good to know. I'm just so used to Nintendo being really secretive with Metroid game sales for some reason haha
Because some of them didn't break 1 million units. Games need to break 1 million units sold in each fiscal reporting period to be updated; so if a game doesn't sell 1 million units in the fiscal year (or quarter), you don't get a sales update for it. They follow that policy for all their games (that get a physical and digital release - no sales figures for digital only games) - there's no agenda to do Metroid down.

It was 20th on the Brazilian eShop yesterday, but today it shot up to 8th. I guess people are starting to realize it exists.

Although I'm skeptical, I hope it sells well and surpasses Nintendo's expectations (which I'm guessing were pretty low).
but you re skeptical to anything metroid + sales related, our duckly doom and gloom user.
maybe im the wrong one here but i think nintendo would be jumping through the walls if MPR did that lol

• no marketing involved
  • project made to test out the new version of the RUDE engine
  • if a remaster can do 4 million then what is the limit for MP4?

Never gave Metroid Prime a shot through the 3 games but I purchased a physical copy today of the remaster. I'm excited to finally play it and realize what a fool I was as a child for missing out lmao.

As much as us series veterans wanted the Trilogy for $60, now that I'm seeing the discussion around this title (and the game itself), this was the right call for Metroid. This looks right at home on the Switch; there's a detail here and there where the GameCube roots show, but many - even me - would probably believe it was a legit new 2023 release just based on footage if we'd never heard of Metroid Prime before. Getting this game for $40 is probably an easier sell for newcomers than an upressed Trilogy collection for $60, and ultimately more newcomers means more Prime 4 sales (which hopefully means more Metroid games). Three games for $60 is a better deal, but it's not an impulse buy.

That said I'd totally pay $120 in total for all three games to look this good, so here's hoping!

As much as us series veterans wanted the Trilogy for $60, now that I'm seeing the discussion around this title (and the game itself), this was the right call for Metroid. This looks right at home on the Switch; there's a detail here and there where the GameCube roots show, but many - even me - would probably believe it was a legit new 2023 release just based on footage if we'd never heard of Metroid Prime before. Getting this game for $40 is probably an easier sell for newcomers than an upressed Trilogy collection for $60, and ultimately more newcomers means more Prime 4 sales (which hopefully means more Metroid games). Three games for $60 is a better deal, but it's not an impulse buy.

That said I'd totally pay $120 in total for all three games to look this good, so here's hoping!
I mean i dont know about the rest of the forum but i was never interested in hd ports of the trilogy. Even if it took years to do all of them i'd have much prefered each of them getting the Remakester treatment.

Tbh I think surprise releasing your remastered version of an all time classic on a Wednesday night in February is the mark of supreme confidence that your product can and will sell on merit alone.
Very much agreed on this one and anybody who says different is talking nonsense. Selling your game this way with a two week window before the physical release shows that selling by way of good WoM is the big play here. That's not something you see many companies do anymore these days.

OdvoHvG.png

Credit to @Lady Bow for this.

Additionally, it's also #1 on the US and Canadian eShops.

Hopefully this continues the Metroid resurgence that started back with Dread!
I'm confident MPR will be selling more that 5 million. I myself are waiting my Switch Lite dark blue arriving and will purchase digital copy of MPR ASAP 🧡

Last edited:
but you re skeptical to anything metroid + sales related, our duckly doom and gloom user.

Not anything Metroid, I was actually predicting Dread could hit 5 million (I was wrong unfortunately). I just don't agree with the marketing approach for Prime Remastered, feels like a waste of potential. But I hope I'm wrong again lol

Not anything Metroid, I was actually predicting Dread could hit 5 million (I was wrong unfortunately). I just don't agree with the marketing approach for Prime Remastered, feels like a waste of potential. But I hope I'm wrong again lol
until we get the cesa white papers it will be too soon to judge whether dread can move 5 million. I personally dont believe in it, but theres still a small chance for it to happen depending on the legs. We will see, if it reaches 3,5 million by december 2022 it should reach at least 4,5 million.

I mean i dont know about the rest of the forum but i was never interested in hd ports of the trilogy. Even if it took years to do all of them i'd have much prefered each of them getting the Remakester treatment.
just realized why the inane "remakester" moniker came about: they called it "remastered" but basically remade it

I like the precision of 'visual remake'.

Game is no longer available for purchase on Amazon. Not sure if that’s because they were listing the release date as the 13th or because they sold out on the first allotment of copies.

Game is no longer available for purchase on Amazon. Not sure if that’s because they were listing the release date as the 13th or because they sold out on the first allotment of copies.
I suspect the former caused the latter; the listing was fixed before going out of stock

I also think the shadow dropped really helped.

Like it or not, many journalist are outright affected by completely insane metrics, especially when it comes to remasters(basically you can expect a huge point reduction even if the game holds up amazingly well). By shadow dropping, it really takes the wind out of the sails of the hemming and hawing that comes with remasters. And with people adoring the game, many journalist would look insanely out of touch(also reviews really don't matter for a release such as this). This got the game into people's hands, and I really believe that people are loving it.

Also what helps is Nintendo is finally catering to nostalgia for people that aren't boomers too.

just realized why the inane "remakester" moniker came about: they called it "remastered" but basically remade it
It's been a thing since before the Direct, but it's certainly gone up in usage due to Prime.

I just wish people didn't try so hard to be correct with words that don't even have strict meanings. I hate how remakester sounds in my head lol, and it's not like there's a hard difference anyway.

When did "remaster" even enter the common gaming vocabulary? I feel like as recently as 10 years ago, we just called them all remakes. I don't remember people arguing whether TWW HD was a remaster or remake at release, I just remember hearing remake. But now I mainly see remaster, while OoT 3D is still usually remake. What changed? Honestly, what's even the difference between those two?

I like the precision of 'visual remake'.
Yeah, this is good.

people might object because of the control updates tho

Target and GameStop also had 13th listed yesterday.

I foolishly hoped these stores would break street date. I still kind of hope.

Back
Top Bottom