• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Metroid Prime 4 Speculation Erupts Following Nintendo Survey

Metroid Prime 4 releases when?

• Later this year

• 2026 or beyond

Results are only viewable after voting.
until we know what is actually coming later in the year we can't really say that, especially as Nintendo love announcing games a few months before release.

plus, Prime got a lot of attention, so it obviously wasn't a mistake to release it now.
sure, shadowdropping worked out and got a lot of hype but... it didn't have to be in February... it could have been in June or September. It just says to me that there's something later in the (financial) year they didn't want Prime Remastered clashing with

Last edited:
Shadow dropping Prime now could just be because the second half of the year is stacked, and they didn't want to overshadow Prime, and Prime 4 is coming relatively soon enough that it's time for Prime to come out.

It doesn't have to mean this year.

honestly its a terrible idea to not make mp4 be crossgen.

They can still release it with the next console even if it initially only comes out on the Switch. MPR proved Metroid fans are suckers and would double dip in a second, especially for a better looking version. I know I would.

Who knows honestly. At this point just wait. I’m going to enjoy Totk and Pikmin 4.

The only thing I'd take away from that survey is that Nintendo UK has a sense of humour 😆

sure, shadowdropping worked out and got a lot of hype but... it didn't have to be in February... it could have been in June or September. It just says to me that there's something later in the (financial) year they didn't want Prime Remastered clashing with

it's not as if Nintendo has cared about when they release games for a long time. there's nothing about the Prime Remaster that "makes more sense" in June or September. and of course there probably is other stuff to release then, but it doesn't mean it's Metroid related at all.

eventually if you're sitting on something you have to release it. if Prime 4 was delayed and may not even hit the Switch 1, would it really make sense to sit on Prime Remaster for years AGAIN? nevermind that it would also need to be redone, again. which they could do anyway and re-release an updated Prime 1 remaster with Switch 2 features.

I think Prime R's release was very calculated. They already had a game for February. And then a survey on Metroid? That's not something we see often at all. Everything they are doing now is to give Prime 4 the best chance to succeed and level up the series as a whole. I don't think it necessarily means it's releasing this year, but I think it's going to be sooner rather than later, likely within a year.

I think Prime R's release was very calculated. They already had a game for February. And then a survey on Metroid? That's not something we see often at all. Everything they are doing now is to give Prime 4 the best chance to succeed and level up the series as a whole. I don't think it necessarily means it's releasing this year, but I think it's going to be sooner rather than later, likely within a year.

it's definitely possible that's the reason. i just don't think there is a definitive takeaway from this as it can be many possibilities and we won't know until time passes.

another reason to have sent this survey out is to see if people are buying MP1 because they are waiting on MP4, or because they wanted to play MP1. that will help inform them on how to handle eventual versions of Metroid Prime 2 and 3.

so, compared to the outstanding job done on Prime Remasered, which areas will be improved graphically for Prime 4?
I'd say polycount.

Hard to say. I'm really curious to see how much more they can squeeze out of the Switch, given MPR is the best looking game on the system by a considerable margin in my opinion. Hopefully the beams will act as their own light source, which was taken away for this remaster from the OG game.

Hard to say. I'm really curious to see how much more they can squeeze out of the Switch, given MPR is the best looking game on the system by a considerable margin in my opinion. Hopefully the beams will act as their own light source, which was taken away for this remaster from the OG game.

that's another field for improvement
but I'd say that even if I agree, that MPR looks VERY GOOD, there are elements of it that highlight its gamecube roots (polycount especially imho, its pretty "squared")

I don´t see this game being released until early 2026, I expect to see before it Metroid Prime 2 and 3.

.n_n.

My best guess would be 2D Mario this holiday season as the tent pole release. Metroid Prime 4 either March 2024 or November 2024. DK May-July 2024. Those are my guesses for tentpole releases. I’m sure there will be Pokémon spin offs and possibly another game freak developed title for Holiday 2024. Obviously with titles that won’t sell as much intermixed in between. possibly some casual oriented games such as a Tomodachi Collection, Rhythm Heaven Sequel, or Switch Motor Sports featuring sequels to Excitebike, Wave Race, Steel Diver, and Pilot Wings.

I know metroid isn’t considered a FPS traditionally. I wonder how this will stand up against modern fps games. I believe the Metroid games are considered first person adventure games. It’s going to be interesting to see what we get.

so, compared to the outstanding job done on Prime Remasered, which areas will be improved graphically for Prime 4?
I'd say polycount.
I think environment that is affected by wind, rain, etc (such as grass that moves depending on the wind)

But the main one i think will be the addition of a lighting system, for the beams, to do samus's shadows, for enemies and other stuff etc.

I know metroid isn’t considered a FPS traditionally. I wonder how this will stand up against modern fps games. I believe the Metroid games are considered first person adventure games. It’s going to be interesting to see what we get.
Easy bet on my part to say that the game will assimilate many ideas brought on by modern FPS games.

I think environment that is affected by wind, rain, etc (such as grass that moves depending on the wind)

But the main one i think will be the addition of a lighting system, for the beams, to do samus's shadows, for enemies and other stuff etc.

Easy bet on my part to say that the game will assimilate many ideas brought on by modern FPS games.
We shall see. Will be interesting for sure.

Back
Top Bottom