• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Metroid Prime 4 Speculation Erupts Following Nintendo Survey

Metroid Prime 4 releases when?

• Later this year

• 2026 or beyond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hero of Hyrule

Frieren the Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him

The survey was recently and specificially sent out by Nintendo UK and asked Nintendo fans a Metroid Prime Remastered-related question, and in the process, mentioned Metroid Prime 4. Specifically, it notes that "it [Metroid Prime Remastered] seems like a good way to pass the time until Metroid Prime 4 releases." This isn't that notable by itself, but many Nintendo fans have pointed out that it's not just odd to bring Metroid Prime 4 up, but to bring up its release if it's not releasing anytime soon. Couple this with the out-of-nowhere stealth release of Metroid Prime Remastered earlier this year, and some Nintendo fans can't help but wonder if this year, or possibly next year, is finally Metroid Prime 4 time.

Who knows what this means, if anything, but this is the first official acknowledgment of Prime 4 in customer facing collateral since 2021, so it's bound to get some attention. Hopefully this indicates Prime 4 is releasing soon!

Well I don't really think that survey says much but the fact that MP1 was done in 2021 and they decided to release it now tells me prime 4 is within a year of release, my guess is early 2024

I think it'll release sometime in their next fiscal year. Earliest COULD be this holiday (how cool would that be?) and the latest is early 2024.

Just seems like a list of what they think the most common things customers might be thinking are, rather than directly acknowledging it.

Knowing how things like this are designed in the UK, often in a freewheeling kind of way, I wouldn’t read toooo much into it

But it is cool that someone at Nintendo is talking about MP4’s release date

image.png

Guys we are doomed

It doesn't mean anything, but the second they released Prime 1 in February Prime 4 was a lock for this year. Otherwise they'd have released Prime 1 in a drier month, like June or later.

Call me crazy, but I think that means they want to know if any players bought the game to pass the time until MP4 releases.
I get so tired of seeing conspiracy theories and fake news on every site I go. Now I have to see it on Fami, too? How disappointing. Smh my head, be better.

I'm still of the mindset that they are going to do yearly Prime remasters until Prime 4 releases in 2026, and the "it helps pass the time" choice reads more like "yea it'll be a while so enjoy this" instead of "yea we put this out because prime 4 is soon get ready!"

Back when they first announced the reboot, I always imagined 2024 would be the release date. At the moment I'm still expecting that.

Survey's were popping up right after MPR released. It's weird seeing everyone so LTTP on this. I guess it wasn't from the UK branch though initially.

At least this means it probably won't get quietly cancelled, as @Brock Reiher has suggested a couple times.

A lot of people though it was going to get cancelled. I can't say I ever felt that way, but I definitely had concern about the state of Retro in general. Those were nine very, very long years. But now we're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel :)

They’ll just reboot it again dw
If Retro, of all devs, can't make Prime 4, I think it's time we just give up the dream. Screw it, have NeoBards develop Federation Force 2! That'd be the doom timeline, though. We're clearly in the bloom timeline right now. As such, I'm going to stay positive.
A lot of people though it was going to get cancelled. I can't say I ever felt that way, but I definitely had concern about the state of Retro in general. Those were nine very, very long years. But now we're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel :)
Yeah! It feels awesome, each time I think on it! This is Metroid's time to shine, and the fanbase's time to trust the process.

I had the mind set for a holiday 2024 launch ever since MPR didn't happen in 2022... But then it got shadowdropped in February with that month already having a first party game.

I think early 2024 is super likely, but voted for 2023 because well why the hell shadowdrop MPR so early in the year??

"Oh, you bought Metroid Prime Remastered just to pass the time before Metroid Prime 4? Well, it will take more time, so buy Metroid Prime 2+3 HD Collection."

I did this survey and it definitely felt like Nintendo were collecting marketing data and were aiming to understand the audience for Metroid before Prime 4 comes out.

In fact, that question is an example of that. If you answer positively to "it seemed like a good way to pass the time until Metroid Prime 4 comes out", then Nintendo know you're already invested in the Prime series and that's why you bought Prime Remastered.

the idea that nintendo will cancel the game that they literally came publicly to tell people "we care so much about this that we refuse to give up on it" is honestly, absurd.

Almost as absurd as the idea that the switch 2 will feature VR but yeah.

the idea that nintendo will cancel the game that they literally came publicly to tell people "we care so much about this that we refuse to give up on it" is honestly, absurd.

Almost as absurd as the idea that the switch 2 will feature VR but yeah.
OK, here's the worse case.
Metroid prime 4 cancelled along with the Switch they are working on.

They should talk about Metroid Prime 4 at the next Direct considering it’s the only undated revealed Switch game from Nintendo left besides Detective Pikachu 2.

Wild with Bayonetta out we are literally down to Advance Wars, Zelda, and Pikmin 4 all out by July.

I can't work out a reason for Prime Remastered to be shadow dropped so early this year with separate digi and phys releases rather than putting it later this year after Zelda with pre-orders etc... if MP4 isn't coming later this year or very early next.

They should talk about Metroid Prime 4 at the next Direct considering it’s the only undated revealed Switch game from Nintendo left besides Detective Pikachu 2.

Wild with Bayonetta out we are literally down to Advance Wars, Zelda, and Pikmin 4 all out by July.
Until they announce a bunch of other new first party games in the next direct lol. We hope they finally talk about it in the next direct.

Like... it's almost certainly a Switch 2 game at this point, right?

No. It'll release on Switch, like they always said.

They didn't even drop the god forsaken Wii U for its Version of BOTW, the idea that they'll leave the switch userbase hanging is just not going to happen.

Until they announce a bunch of other new first party games in the next direct lol. We hope they finally talk about it in the next direct.
They’ll do this too, but I think the good thing here is Nintendo usually likes to have a long term prospect game in discussion. With Zelda likely out by then, Metroid essentially has to step in for that role. Other hypothetical games of that nature you’d imagine would be saved for Switch 2 like the next 3D Mario.

Think about it like this: in every direct from now on mp4 has a big chance of appearing. It could be a june or july direct if they do one. It could be a september direct. It could even be a tga reveal because metroid is perfect for that audience.

Voted 2024. I think there’s a good chance this resurfaces at the June direct. Whether it’s their tentpole fall release (assuming Mario is out) or a 2024 title I’m willing to go either way on.

Knowing how things like this are designed in the UK, often in a freewheeling kind of way, I wouldn’t read toooo much into it

But it is cool that someone at Nintendo is talking about MP4’s release date
I think most people that played the game close to release got that survey.

I also got it here in Germany.

I'm also in the late '23/early '24 camp. I don't think they'd put out the Prime Remaster if development of Prime 4 wasn't progressing satisfactory.

I can't work out a reason for Prime Remastered to be shadow dropped so early this year with separate digi and phys releases rather than putting it later this year after Zelda with pre-orders etc... if MP4 isn't coming later this year or very early next.

MP4 got rebooted again and Nintendo were like screw it just release it, we can re-release it with 2 and 3 in a few years.

Here's how its going down;

1. Metroid Prime 4 releases late 2023 and is the swansong for the console.

2. The new console is announced at the Game Awards and releases March 2024 with a presentation in January.

MP4 got rebooted again and Nintendo were like screw it just release it, we can re-release it with 2 and 3 in a few years.
then it makes even less sense it was a cheaper release and in February and not later in the year haha

I don’t see any meaning behind the survey other than “Metroid Prime 4 is in fact still coming.”
This. I received this survey and talked about it in the Metroid Prime Remastered thread last week, I wrote everything that I remembered in the survey, and I straight up forgot about that part. It's really insignifiant in the survey.

then it makes even less sense it was a cheaper release and in February and not later in the year haha

until we know what is actually coming later in the year we can't really say that, especially as Nintendo love announcing games a few months before release.

plus, Prime got a lot of attention, so it obviously wasn't a mistake to release it now.

until we know what is actually coming later in the year we can't really say that, especially as Nintendo love announcing games a few months before release.

plus, Prime got a lot of attention, so it obviously wasn't a mistake to release it now.
Especially in the case of Prime 4, after having to announce that development didn't pan out like they envisioned, they want to ensure the next time they show the game it's for a release date :D

Back
Top Bottom