• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Metroid Dread has sold 87k copies in it's first week in Japan

Do we have more info about Dread's sales in other territories? As far as I'm concerned, we only have Japan and UK info.

I meant that I've never played a Metroid game, but it's very cool to see a series with a female protagonist sell more than ever. English is not my first language, sorry.
Oh, you got reactions to that for a couple of reasons. First, there's an old meme where people call Samus (the protagonist) "Metroid" when Metroids are actually usually one of the main enemy creatures in the game.

Second, there's an interesting plot twist in Metroid Dread which kinda makes the above even funnier.

Not bad at all. I really hope Japan adopts this series more so it's not just the West begging for more titles in the franchise.

Oh, you got reactions to that for a couple of reasons. First, there's an old meme where people call Samus (the protagonist) "Metroid" when Metroids are actually usually one of the main enemy creatures in the game.

Second, there's an interesting plot twist in Metroid Dread which kinda makes the above even funnier.
So I just called Link ā€œZeldaā€, right?

So I just called Link ā€œZeldaā€, right?
Sorta, except in this case...

Samus actually is a Metroid at the end of the game

And what a plot twist, I just scream over my Switch it was sooooo cool. Also it's a very clever way to keep the series name relevant in the future.

Very happy the game is doing great. It's time to shine for Metroid, thanks to the Switch. Can't be more happy really

Back
Back
Top Bottom