• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Metal Slug Tactics delayed to 2023 (UPDATE: delayed to 2024)

Shrug, we hadn’t seen it all year so I figured. Hope regular MS guests Leona and the Akari warriors make it in

Damn, the year of the SRPG has taken another hit...

Unless 2023 is part 2 with Metal Slug Tactics, Fire Emblem, and Final Fantasy Tactics remaster.

I can think of a few financial incentives that might exist to do so.
Yeah, i know shareholders push for dates. Its a little frustrating as the consumer though, you essentially learn to never believe them when they announce the first release date or window

Tbh, I see this as a net positive. 2022 is busy already, and this means I can dedicate more time to DioField and Tactics Ogre.

Tbh, I see this as a net positive. 2022 is busy already, and this means I can dedicate more time to DioField and Tactics Ogre.
Yeah I'm not hurting over this, we've got plenty still to come yet, plus Front Mission 1 Remake I'm guessing could make it this year still or next year, again, not fussed since Tactics Ogre is 100 hours per playthrough and I bet DioField will be meaty too.

I don’t think there’s too much to worry about, a year without comms doesn’t seem to mean much these days. Smaller games often seem to pop up after being out in the wilderness for years.

I appreciate the transparency here. I was looking forward to it since there were still 13 days left and we could have had a Nindie showcase shadow drop. If only Retro Studios were this transparent about game delays.

I think I can wait, considering I'm still waiting for the rest of the Ogre Battle saga episodes as of... how many decades has it been now?

I wouldn't be surprised if WayForward announces AND releases Metal Slug 8 before DotEmu releases this.

Dev time was too long, it's better be some big tactics game.

I appreciate the transparency here. I was looking forward to it since there were still 13 days left and we could have had a Nindie showcase shadow drop. If only Retro Studios were this transparent about game delays.
How can they have a delay when they haven't even had a game with a release date since 2018.

Back
Top Bottom