• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Metal Slug Tactics coming to PC and consoles Fall 2024 (UPDATE: new gameplay trailer, see threadmarks)

Shrug, we hadn’t seen it all year so I figured. Hope regular MS guests Leona and the Akari warriors make it in

Damn, the year of the SRPG has taken another hit...

Unless 2023 is part 2 with Metal Slug Tactics, Fire Emblem, and Final Fantasy Tactics remaster.

I can think of a few financial incentives that might exist to do so.
Yeah, i know shareholders push for dates. Its a little frustrating as the consumer though, you essentially learn to never believe them when they announce the first release date or window

Tbh, I see this as a net positive. 2022 is busy already, and this means I can dedicate more time to DioField and Tactics Ogre.

Tbh, I see this as a net positive. 2022 is busy already, and this means I can dedicate more time to DioField and Tactics Ogre.
Yeah I'm not hurting over this, we've got plenty still to come yet, plus Front Mission 1 Remake I'm guessing could make it this year still or next year, again, not fussed since Tactics Ogre is 100 hours per playthrough and I bet DioField will be meaty too.

I don’t think there’s too much to worry about, a year without comms doesn’t seem to mean much these days. Smaller games often seem to pop up after being out in the wilderness for years.

I appreciate the transparency here. I was looking forward to it since there were still 13 days left and we could have had a Nindie showcase shadow drop. If only Retro Studios were this transparent about game delays.

I think I can wait, considering I'm still waiting for the rest of the Ogre Battle saga episodes as of... how many decades has it been now?

I wouldn't be surprised if WayForward announces AND releases Metal Slug 8 before DotEmu releases this.

Dev time was too long, it's better be some big tactics game.

I appreciate the transparency here. I was looking forward to it since there were still 13 days left and we could have had a Nindie showcase shadow drop. If only Retro Studios were this transparent about game delays.
How can they have a delay when they haven't even had a game with a release date since 2018.

This looks great! Seems like it’s been made with a lot of love for Metal Slug’s style and running gags, nice mix of melee, grenades, ranged combat and vehicles there

Wahey, this looks excellent. Glad to see it re-emerge. 2024 getting stronger and it's only just the start of Not E3 Season.

From out of nowhere!! I for sure thought this was dead. I'm so excited, but at the same time, part of me is bracing for it to might actually be bad if something went wrong during development to cause such a delay without updates. I guess it'll be telling to see how much marketing it receives leading into Fall.

Store page mentions 9 characters so I expect the Ikari Warriors(with Leona) most likely. Tho they could throw a curveball with the dispatch woman or one of the aliens(tho that is a status effect so maybe not). Tho sadly reduces the odds of the Mobile characters showing up

So after double-checking, my guess for the other five characters(they’ve confirmed 9) would be: Trevor and Nadia(MS4), Ralf and Clark(MS6/originally Ikari Warriors), and Leona(MSXX/originally KOF Ikari Warriors team). Sadly seems Advanced, second mission, Team, Fighters, and universal are being skipped over(not to mention the wild Metal Slug Attack roster). Still those 5 are my guess as they're all the ones from the "main games". And perfectly line up with the slot numbers. At least alien gets rep through status effects

So much interesting stuff here. I was sold when they said ‘you get a defence boost for moving a long distance, because we run AND gun’ :D Adrenalin boost too. I like that, it encourages manouver to make the most of the sync moves. It looks like a really faithful attempt to move everything that makes Metal Slug what it is into an SRPG format.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom