• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release METAL GEAR SOLID Δ: SNAKE EATER - First In-Engine Look

Colour palette seems a bit more muted than the original, and Snake's face looks weird.

As good as 3 is I wish they were remaking 2, or even 1 instead.

It would be nice to see it get a release on Switch 2 as well.
It’s possible. I presume Epic made another Switch optimization option like they did with UE4

looks more like a remake than a remaster
Word

As good as 3 is I wish they were remaking 2, or even 1 instead.
They’re probably next

I've got huge doubts about this. No trust to Konami.
What about it makes you pessimistic?

It's essentially the same game, only significantly more pretty. Kinda like Metroid Prime Remastered. :p
It’s definitely a visual remake

I'm going to be very interested to see the facial animation work here as they're using the old audio files from 2004 instead of redoing it.
They could have saved some money by porting the Pachinko version

Everything about Konami's output for the last decade, I think
I’m indifferent because it’s a simple remake. It wouldn’t surprise me if the subsequent remakes they take the same approach

All I wanted was a visual remake and looks like that's what we are getting. Now here's hoping that Konami don't butcher this.
I’m honestly curious: how could they ruin something so simple?

I’m indifferent because it’s a simple remake. It wouldn’t surprise me if the subsequent remakes they take the same approach

The second half wasn't directed at me, but, put simply, just look at how they handled the Silent Hill HD collection.

I mean we've seen the issues with the recent MGS collection, a remake is more work if anything.

I liked the trail effect on the river water

I’m mostly curious about gameplay tweaks though, the original aiming system worked but it was a bit weird, IIRC you either walk with the camera far away, or you stand still while aiming in first-person

I also think there were some weird button mapping like when holding an enemy (pretty sure you had to press the analog stick for some action)

Dunno how it works in newer MGS games and re-releases

As many here, I don't trust Konami.
Even if it does turn out good, I don't really see any reason for just a graphical remake of one of the best games ever made. I like it when remakes go the "Lost Levels" treatment, like REmakes, and play with your expectations. I'm almost certain that, say, SH2 remake will be awful, and yet I'm still more interested in it because it's not just slapping a HD James Model onto a game.

This is a visual remake or 1:1 remake like for example Crash or Spyro.

Don’t expect any new content or changing stuff like script/dialogues aside from QoL improvements.

Also, it should be possible to be release ASAP in Switch NG. This game feels H1 2024.

Last edited:
My bad, I was talking about H1 2024, why 2025? Its been rumored since 2 years ago IIRC, +4/5 years of development for this “visual” remake should be fine.
Isn’t the game gonna be “open world” in the sense that it wont have loading screens in between areas?

I want to believe that this project will be great, but I'm keeping my expectations in check.

It is Konami after all.

No human is gonna call this an "enhanced remaster"

Well, I am because it's still at its core the very same game. Remaster = increased visual fidelity, basically. Metroid Prime Remastered, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy? Same story. Enhanced basically means it's more than just a HD one.

Obviously he will play Snake in the movie accompanying this game release. We just don’t know it now. Konami will taunt Kojima at the cinemas with his own creation
Maybe by the time they get to MGS4 he will look old enough for the role

Need to see cutscenes to give a real opinion, this looks very .."tech demo-y" I guess? How they handle cutscene direction is pretty important for a game like this.

Can't say I'm particularly interested in just playing this with better graphics. MGS3 is one of my favorite games but nothing here looks must-play.

If that is a close representation of how the final gameplay is going to look like, I'm already underwhelmed, my green filters were decimated.

Watching this again I’m not sure why they even bothered to put this out? It’s really underwhelming. Just let it cook.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if people want a remake like Final Fantasy VII with over the top scenes and new characters that goes nowhere (oh hi Rochey), overly pretentious dialogue that would make David Cage blush, new gameplay that consists of mashing the same button to look at the pretty images during combat, boss battles that goes forever because "Wow, dude, look at this radical thing you can only do during a cutscene but then you are stuck in front of a wooden door that your Buster Sword can't cut !".

I'd rather take a Metroid Prime Remastered approach to Metal Gear Solid 3 than FF VII Remake.

I'm not sure if people want a remake like Final Fantasy VII with over the top scenes and new characters that goes nowhere (oh hi Rochey), overly pretentious dialogue that would make David Cage blush, new gameplay that consists of mashing the same button to look at the pretty images during combat, boss battles that goes forever because "Wow, dude, look at this radical thing you can only do during a cutscene but then you are stuck in front of a wooden door that your Buster Sword can't cut !".

I'd rather take a Metroid Prime Remastered approach to Metal Gear Solid 3 than FF VII Remake.
Same here. Modern video game development really shouldn’t touch Snake Eater. Game’s a masterpiece already

Well, I am because it's still at its core the very same game. Remaster = increased visual fidelity, basically. Metroid Prime Remastered, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy? Same story. Enhanced basically means it's more than just a HD one.
Please don't be this guy

I think my dude's face looks a billion times better in the Pachinko efforts- which is funny- but everything else seems to be MGS3, down to level geometry. That's cool, I guess. I'm always interested to see how they will adapt all those CQC options to non-pressure-sensitive buttons.

It's funny to see people wrapped up in RE4 and MGS3 again.

I was honestly thinking 2025
Easily 2025.

I feel like I'm in the minority, but I think this looks pretty cool. Something close to a transplant of MGSV gameplay with the original voice acting? Sign me up

I am a Snake Eater fanboy, so I feel I can't judge this properly. All my brain does when I watch that video is scream it wants to play that right now.

I feel like I'm in the minority, but I think this looks pretty cool. Something close to a transplant of MGSV gameplay with the original voice acting? Sign me up
I'm seeing a lot of "looks like a fan remake!" but if fan remakes looked like this, people wouldn't complain

Possibly. It depends if Konami and/or the dev is willing to put the work into it.
If the dev is Virtuous like we expect, then a Nintendo version is definitely on the table. Virtuous talked big game about their porting abilities for Switch. Probably are just waiting for Drake kits

I’m excited. It won’t ever replace the original and it doesn’t have to but I’m happy at any chance to get back into the MGS universe.

Back
Top Bottom