• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sports Mattel has created an unhinged variant of UNO that removes all of the generic color/number cards

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
pbbvkzisibqwrpl3rw3q.jpg

Yes, this nightmare is real.

You thought Monopoly was good for destroying friendships? Imagine tossing multiple skip cards at someone!
ZTkUlim.png

Practically every card in this deck seems specifically designed to cause physic damage to another player.
Worst of all, it's only six bucks. Making it easy to inadvertently purchase without realizing! 😱

I don't have anyone to play UNO with, but I might just buy this anyway. This level of chaos is right up my alley.

oh yeah, it's fistfight time

...I mean...is it even possible to win if every card forces someone to pick up cards or skip a turn?
given that there are so few card variations, if you play with the rule that allows you to stack identical cards the games could end fairly quickly

I just miss playing Uno with friends in school and such. I've not played it in years.

My extended family takes uno too seriously. I just started cackling thinking about my father in laws face the first time he sees a hand in this. Bought.

Seems like it would end extremely quickly since cards would just keep getting stacked
~ackshully~

Big argument in the family when we sat down and read the rules. You can only draw one card a turn and no stacking are things a lot of people miss and the games end up way different than intended. It feels like the stacking was added just to make the loser of the moment feel better.

~ackshully~

Big argument in the family when we sat down and read the rules. You can only draw one card a turn and no stacking are things a lot of people miss and the games end up way different than intended. It feels like the stacking was added just to make the loser of the moment feel better.

Then I guess this version of the game will never end? lol

Uno is a contender for worst game ever made. It’s arguably not even a game. Zero player agency, all luck
Nah, Uno has some player agency, even if it only comes down to deciding which cards to play when, what you suspect the other players might have, when to use Wild cards, etc.

Snakes and Ladders is an example of a game with no agency that isn't really a game at all.

Nah, Uno has some player agency, even if it only comes down to deciding which cards to play when, what you suspect the other players might have, when to use Wild cards, etc.

Snakes and Ladders is an example of a game with no agency that isn't really a game at all.
I’m pretty sure that the official rules force you to play a card whenever you’re able to play one so you can basically never hold a Wild card for later or anything like that. The fact that the turn order is set hurts as well. You can’t even ruin friendships by targeting the winning player, everyone is at the mercy of RNG. While you’re emptying your hand you can’t even expect what cards the other player has since it’s so easy to put another number over a color. There is no strategy at all

Meanwhile you can play Crazy Eights with a regular deck of cards (so you can actually keep track of what is played. Uno has like twice the amount of cards) and it’s essentially the same concept but better (some variations are at least)

I’m pretty sure that the official rules force you to play a card whenever you’re able to play one so you can basically never hold a Wild card for later or anything like that. The fact that the turn order is set hurts as well. You can’t even ruin friendships by targeting the winning player, everyone is at the mercy of RNG. While you’re emptying your hand you can’t even expect what cards the other player has since it’s so easy to put another number over a color. There is no strategy at all

Meanwhile you can play Crazy Eights with a regular deck of cards (so you can actually keep track of what is played. Uno has like twice the amount of cards) and it’s essentially the same concept but better (some variations are at least)
You have the ability to choose when to play your "face" cards like Reverse, Draw 2, and Skip. You have the ability to choose when to change colors - if you have the same numbered card. You have the ability to choose when to use your wild card. You can choose to bluff your Draw 4s or play them legally when you don't have the color - but still can play on the number, etc. There is a lot of skill in knowing exactly what card to play when. I know because I rarely do badly at Uno and I take the game very seriously. (I always play Draw 4s legally - it's hilarious how I can sometimes play it legally in situations that are hard to believe and I get called on it and they have to draw more).

If Uno requires no strategy or skill, then why does it seems like I win the majority of the games I play with friends or family? It can’t be completely random.

Also this version of the game is stupid.

Also also, Clubhouse Games’ version of Uno is by far my most played game in that collection. It’s so good.

Back
Top Bottom