• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Golf: Super Rush |ST| Give me a mulligan

New outfit is live, it's the classic NES Open look for Mario.

vHTeIiu.png

Another Mario outfit?

Eh.....

It's definitely weird to have two Mario costumes in a row, especially when others have nothing yet, but this is an absolute classic.

zh3tT8E.png

Wow, that’s kinda disappointing

Not that these monthly rewards have been amazing or anything, but come on

Darn it I’ve only got till Monday to unlock that Mario costume. This is the first time I’ve put off the monthly costume unlock.

I bought this on sale a couple months back and still have yet to play it lol.

I heard with DLC the game is now pretty good so I’m excited to try it soon

I bought this on sale a couple months back and still have yet to play it lol.

I heard with DLC the game is now pretty good so I’m excited to try it soon

Camelot made improvements to the online modes and added a bunch of courses and new modes. It is a good time to jump in!

Got my first ever Albatross! On a par 5 to take the win in an online match. I’ll probably never get this lucky again.

So I missed to unlock all costumes so far. Any chance to get them later? With Tetris 99 you could get tickets to "buy" event themes.

So I missed to unlock all costumes so far. Any chance to get them later? With Tetris 99 you could get tickets to "buy" event themes.

It's very likely that they'll rotate back to the beginning when all costumes are out and carry on that way until the online shuts down.

No word on the new outfit for March yet right? Probably will just go live tomorrow with the social media silence.

Oh dang it, I forgot to get the shy guy colors for March. That’s the first time I’ve missed a month!

Getting back into this game. Is there a quick way to upgrade the club sets for characters? (Star, Super Star)

Getting back into this game. Is there a quick way to upgrade the club sets for characters? (Star, Super Star)

New Donk easy course is a good way to level fast as you can easily get Hole in Ones which are worth loads of points for leveling.

Finally had a chance to play this game a good amount in local multiplayer during an unexpected quarantine with friends and was very glad to have bought it :)

I still wish I could change my dang mii though lol, I’ll probably just replay the singleplayer later this summer

Was bored, so I popped the game in again and played Match Play against the CPU, and, uh, to put it lightly: what the fuck.

This CPU is just on plain old Pro difficulty, not even Champ, and it holed out from 50+ yards away 6 TIMES IN A ROW! And it wasn't even a star club set, it was the normal club set! On the longest tees in the game!

I'm certainly not the best at this game, but I couldn't even make a dent in the CPUs across 5+ matches. They will absolutely demolish you, and if you so much as dare win a hole against them, they'll go on a complete rampage and drop 8 eagles on you. Goodness knows how impossible it is on Champ difficulty.

Hmm, so I guess that is the end for support. Kind of a bummer but I get it.

I have almost 100 hours of gameplay and it is pretty much just online. I can easily sink into a session and before I know it, three hours have passed by.

Hmm, it kinda warms my heart to hear someone actually got way into Super Rush. To be honest the Switch era of Mario Sports game has been a total stinker for me, but Super Rush was probably the one I actually played through at launch (all 3 hours it took me lol). They’re not bad games; I’m probably just a bit stuck in the past, especially with Toadstool Tour on GCN. I should load SR up to check out the new courses and Wiggler…

I put about forty hours into the game before i put it down. I played it pretty regularly all throughout last year. I really enjoyed it.

Hmm, it kinda warms my heart to hear someone actually got way into Super Rush. To be honest the Switch era of Mario Sports game has been a total stinker for me, but Super Rush was probably the one I actually played through at launch (all 3 hours it took me lol). They’re not bad games; I’m probably just a bit stuck in the past, especially with Toadstool Tour on GCN. I should load SR up to check out the new courses and Wiggler…
I almost dropped the game cold turkey, but Nintendo updated the online mode and took out special shots. Playing the waiting game with your opponent on the last moment so you didn't get burned. It was horrible to play. Once that was patched out, my opinion flipped 180 degrees.

Not a popular opinion but as a casual player who's not that into golf, playing Speed Golf online really enthralled me and I was able to do much better at that than I ever had in previous Mario Golf games. I guess I'm the casual ruining Mario Golf not caring all that much about the depth of the shot mechanics but I definitely think it had its bright spots, lol

Hey folks, this is currently on sale for $40. Is it worth it now after all the free updates? I saw the MC/OC score isn’t great but I wanted to know if it’s improved since launch.
Those scores were given when it was very barebones. A lot of content has dropped since then, such as new courses. It's definitely improved.

Hey folks, this is currently on sale for $40. Is it worth it now after all the free updates? I saw the MC/OC score isn’t great but I wanted to know if it’s improved since launch.
It lacks some of the smaller modes that used to be staples like ring shot, but I found the gameplay to be a lot of fun. Plus, there are a lot more characters and courses now. The campaign is alright. I wasn't the biggest fan of speed golf, but that is just me.

The online is addicting though with three hole matches.

Thank you both! That’s about what I expected based on what I remember from news reports when content updates dropped.

I enjoyed Super Rush far more than most folks, but that wasn't until all the free DLC (characters, courses, content, etc.) released which made it a more enticing, complete game. It's a well done package, missing stuff like Ring Shot modes and such, but overall a game I enjoyed.

Like @Beanstar40 said, it's no World Tour, though, which alongside the N64 Mario Golf remain my favorites in the series! :)

I played it at launch and then stuck around for a year as the new content was being released. I got a lot of playtime out of the game, much more than I was expecting. Like Josh said, the online mode really is a ton of fun.

Back
Top Bottom