• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Luigi's Mansion 2 HD — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: "A rude awakening" trailer, see threadmarks)

I'm not surprised. Same thing happened with 3
Same! Definitely par for the course with Nintendo and NLG, just didn't want to get my hopes up with a 3DS port. It looks great though and gives me even more desire for a Link Between Worlds port.

The game looks like a 3DS game bumped up to a much higher resolution in the Citra emulator with better lighting.

So it looks good.

A new trailer on a Saturday?? And that's after being dated on a Sunday... I guess everything is in the cards for this year.

This game looks weird in that they brought 3DS tier geometry to Switch tier effects and image quality. Just doesn't look right at all.
Without revisiting the original, it looks to me like the models and possibly textures have likely been upgraded, though not quite to Luigi's Mansion 3 levels. However, whenever they show those large environmental shots of the world, it becomes really clear it started as a 3DS game with a conservative art style. It does look a little weird to me, too, but hopefully the actual levels look solid and cohesive.

This game being $59.99 rather than $49.99 surprises me a little. Maybe the Luigi's Mansion brand and the game quality are strong enough to get solid sales at that price.

Last edited:
This game looks weird in that they brought 3DS tier geometry to Switch tier effects and image quality. Just doesn't look right at all.

the game is a remaster of a 3DS game with updated geometry, textures and whatnot. Not much they can do without doing a big LM3 type graphical update

here is how the intro to the original game looks like in HD, far worse than I remembered.

Last edited:
Half-Life: Source
the game is a remaster of a 3DS game with updated geometry, textures and whatnot. Not much they can do without doing a big LM3 type graphical update
What I find a bit weird is that they replaced many of the character models with higher quality ones, but they still look relatively low-poly. Look at Luigi's shoes for example.

I was kinda expecting a full overhaul ngl. I mean, I'll still get it bc I'm a chump I love Luigi's Mansion... but it does make that $60 hurt a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom