• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Life is Strange: True Colors |ST|

totofogo

thinkin bt pkmn 4
Pronouns
he/him 🏳️‍🌈
I have held out for the Switch port for this one, and saw that I totally missed the devs tweeting out (the first?) Switch screenshot with a confirmation of an early December launch. Glad it'll be coming in time for the holidays!

Additionally, the game is currently 35% off for Black Friday at GameStop and Target on all platforms even tho it has yet to release on Switch, lol!

$60 was way too high a price for this IMO, but now I'm torn between grabbing this sale or holding out for the Ultimate Edition (list $80, on sale for $64 on other platforms) which includes the $40 Remastered Collection and Wavelengths DLC. Anyhow, if you're doing Physical this sale is a no-brainer.

Sorry Life is strange, but I still have megaten to beat and danganronpa is coming early december too. So I guess I'll wait a bit.

I love LiS2 to death, but this one didn't grab my attention. I might get it when it's cheaper in a year or two.

I love LiS2 to death, but this one didn't grab my attention. I might get it when it's cheaper in a year or two.

These games hold a special place in my heart so I'm really, really hoping the ports hold up. Curling up in bed to return to 1, play BtS for the first time sounds great to me... then True Colors is just a cherry on top. Haven't gotten to play 2 yet either, hope that follows along to Switch if sales support it.

These games hold a special place in my heart so I'm really, really hoping the ports hold up. Curling up in bed to return to 1, play BtS for the first time sounds great to me... then True Colors is just a cherry on top. Haven't gotten to play 2 yet either, hope that follows along to Switch if sales support it.

Yeah I just remembered that LiS2 got shafted again and isn't coming to the switch and it makes me even less willing to support the franchise lol they act like the game doesn't exist.

I pre-ordered at Target a couple of days ago. I have enough in Black Friday purchases to keep me busy so I'm not in a hurry, but it is nice to lock in the BF price right now.

Thanks. Which games are best? Maybe I should just play them on PS5
My favourite is the first life is strange but I’d say they are all great games.
1 and before the storm are coming to switch next year so you could just play true colors in a few weeks and the others later.

I really want to try these games, but I'll probably wait all to release and wait for digital sales. Really hoping they turn out great ports.

Update, we've got footage! And a reminder of the confirmed dates.

I'm really hoping the Ultimate Edition including the remasters is available in 3 days too... any news there?

Looks good. Remasters delayed for all platforms to next year.
e8hp91bxsae2qil.jpg

Looks good. Remasters delayed for all platforms to next year.
e8hp91bxsae2qil.jpg
The remasters aren’t coming until next year

Yes, but on the other platforms people already purchased them as a part of the ultimate editions at a significant discount. If TC releases alone on Switch, then we'll have to pay full price for the remasters just around the corner.

Yes, but on the other platforms people already purchased them as a part of the ultimate editions at a significant discount. If TC releases alone on Switch, then we'll have to pay full price for the remasters just around the corner.
Oh I see.
I don’t think I’ve seen anything about that, I guess we’ll only find out when they put the game up on the eshop

Update, we've got footage! And a reminder of the confirmed dates.

I'm really hoping the Ultimate Edition including the remasters is available in 3 days too... any news there?

Not bad at all; the game wasn't exactly a graphical marvel to start with, and while it's hard to tell from a short clip on Twitter, it doesn't seem to be aggressively blurry or run like a three legged tortoise.
I'm not sensing any alarm bells of a bad port yet, and we'll only have to wait another 3 days to find out anyway. Here's hoping it holds up for those who've been waiting for this version.

Y'all. Get Hotshot Racing. It's literally 4 bucks on the e-shop right now and it's great. If you loved Cruis'n Blast you'll love this.
I think you may have accidentally posted in the wrong thread my friend, but I whole heartedly second your recommendation of Hotshot Racing, it's a fantastic little game and the most fun I've had in a racing title in years.

I think you may have accidentally posted in the wrong thread my friend, but I whole heartedly second your recommendation of Hotshot Racing, it's a fantastic little game and the most fun I've had in a racing title in years.
Godammit every fucking time lol. I always post in the wrong threads.

will have to see more Switch footage, but i think there was a lot of surprise it was being ported natively to Switch at all.

It's out!
Seems like there's no ultimate edition? Huge bummer if so since it means that we'll have to pay more for the remasters overall. Excited to see performance impressions.

With my luck this will come to Game Pass next week, but I'm happy to support them anyhow.

Just updated the thread title to make this an ST since I didn't see one, hope that's okay. I'll update OP further later unless someone wants to make something fancy and I'm happy to hand over the reigns to another thread!

Any tagline ideas?

👏 Massive praise from SwitchUp, "Best looking game on N Switch in handheld", and he looks at nearly everything there is.

Hell yes thats amazing news. Guess I'll be picking it up on Switch. Not now because I'm still playing SMTV and lack of funds but down the line for sure.

Great to have this series finally on Switch + the Remaster of the OG games dropping next year as well. Hope Switch owners don't sleep on the series, perfect match imo and shocked that SE took this long to bring it to Switch. Well at least it happened and the quality of the port seems to be making up for it.

Awesome stuff. Game's quite the looker, though it was a bit chuggy on be PS4.

I can definitely recommend it to anyone into anything Life is Strange. I don't think it's quiiiiiiiiiiite as good as the other games in the series, but I still found myself invested.

Going to pick this up as I will be doing a heck of a lot of traveling this holiday season. Glad I waited for the switch version(rarely have I said this)

I've played about an hour of the game on OLED in handheld mode, and I have to say it's an impressive port. The most important thing for me is that the frame rate is very stable.

They have had to clearly lower the quality of textures,etc.. but nothing that detracts from the experience- the character models look really good.

Just checking before I get this, I'm fine if I haven't played any others right? I was going to wait and play the remasters of 1 and before the storm first when they come out next year but I've just finished AI: Somnium (play it if you haven't!) files and could do with the similar type of game for the holidays.

For those waiting for physical which is releasing in Feb 2022, this game is 20.5GB per the SwitchUp review and the placeholder cover at online retailers have a 'download required' tag.
So best case is we get a 16GB cart and download about 5 or so GB. Worst case, its a much larger download with a 8GB cart.
Maybe worth it to just go digital on this one.

For those waiting for physical which is releasing in Feb 2022, this game is 20.5GB per the SwitchUp review and the placeholder cover at online retailers have a 'download required' tag.
So best case is we get a 16GB cart and download about 5 or so GB. Worst case, its a much larger download with a 8GB cart.
Maybe worth it to just go digital on this one.
Thanks thats good to know and kinda what i figured - this isnt the kind of release where they would use a32gb card because of the involved cost. Guess its digital then.

I'm going to reach out to them on twitter and ask. I really want to buy this, but for now I'll wait for my $35 physical pre-order because I'm not paying $110 ($70 True Colors Deluxe $40 Remaster) when the Ultimate edition is $80 on every other platform (and on sale)

I'm going to reach out to them on twitter and ask. I really want to buy this, but for now I'll wait for my $35 physical pre-order because I'm not paying $110 ($70 True Colors Deluxe $40 Remaster) when the Ultimate edition is $80 on every other platform (and on sale)
Hmmm... Should I buy it on PS4 now then lol? It's even cheaper than it was over Black Friday

Hmmm... Should I buy it on PS4 now then lol? It's even cheaper than it was over Black Friday
I'm gonna hold out for Switch even if it means waiting for a Sale because I'm really impressed with the port, and I've got plenty to play in the meantime

I'm gonna hold out for Switch even if it means waiting for a Sale because I'm really impressed with the port, and I've got plenty to play in the meantime
That's fair; I was personally always going to play this on PS4 myself. I literally just bought and finished Life is Strange 2 over Black Friday, so I'm ready for this. But it's also Deck Nine which is imo way worse than Dontnod... Gonna seek out more impressions then before biting the bullet, since now with the sales and me finally having played LiS2, this is legitimately on my radar

Back
Top Bottom