• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News LEVEL-5 Vision 2023 II announced for November 29, 9 pm JST

Layton and Decapolice being post-2024 is tough, but... that also means they will be Switch 2 games right? I hope so at least lmao

Still delaying games left and right is worrying but the communication is much better now and the games all look cool so I choose to continue to be optimistic

The delays for Decapolice and especially Layton sting. I hope Fantasy Life actually makes Summer. Haven’t played the original, so it will be all new for me and it looks pretty cool.

Layton and Decapolice being post-2024 is tough, but... that also means they will be Switch 2 games right? I hope so at least lmao
Nah. Level-5 stuck with 3DS after Switch launch, they'll sure to stick with Switch after the successor. Expect Switch support in general in 2025 to be much bigger than post-Switch 3DS support.

Nah. Level-5 stuck with 3DS after Switch launch, they'll sure to stick with Switch after the successor. Expect Switch support in general in 2025 to be much bigger than post-Switch 3DS support.
But having Switch 2 versions/updates out would be much more simple than 3DS and Switch versions... so I guess it doesn't matter for me anyway lol

But having Switch 2 versions/updates out would be much more simple than 3DS and Switch versions... so I guess it doesn't matter for me anyway lol
We still don't have any idea how Nintendo will work out separate versions of games on both Switch and successor but if it's a just hardware upgrade console, Level-5 can just have next gen patches for their games for better framerate/resolution.

We still don't have any idea how Nintendo will work out separate versions of games on both Switch and successor but if it's a just hardware upgrade console, Level-5 can just have next gen patches for their games for better framerate/resolution.
Also Level-5 only really stuck with 3DS for 2017 right? I think Switch 2 versions for games 2025 and later are not illogical, assuming Switch 2 comes 2024 of course

Given the very realistic likelihood that whatever comes next also has pitiful onboard storage, no sane company would be planning around requiring big update patches for their switch titles as a feasible path.

Not that level 5 are known for their well planned reasonable behaviour.

Still want to know how they intend to get all these games localized without a localization arm

"Heeeeey Nintendo .... old friend. You look fine! Everything's going good, yeah? Hey listen ... we got a question, but it's not super important or something."

(Though, it might just work for any game that doesn't have a PS4/5 version too.)

Glad I remained skeptic after the February Direct. All these games are going to be vaporware.

Happy I'm an optimist as a Level-5 fans, I imagine it feels pretty miserable otherwise

Bruhhh, Level 5 lmao.
the L in Level 5 stands for

giphy.gif

The ps4 and xbo are still getting games in 2024, people here need to brace themselves for the far better selling Switch to be seeing games into 2027.

Also I imagine the Decapolice delay has less to do with the game itself and more to do with when the inevitable anime adaptation/tie in can premier.

have they announced mixed media for this? because they seemed to have abandoned that model
That would be the smartest thing Hino could do in a long time.

This "cross-media EVERYTHING" approach did no good for them.
They haven't, and while I agree cross media everything isn't sensible, DP smells like an IP designed for that cross media push.

They haven't, and while I agree cross media everything isn't sensible, DP smells like an IP designed for that cross media push.
as long as they avoid trying to push the cartoon and game out at the same time, it'll be fine. that was really fucked Inazuma Eleven

Release dates from official sites:

Megaton Musashi Wired - April 25th, 2024
Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time - Summer 2024
Inazuma Eleven: Victory Road - 2024
Decapolice - 2024
Professor Layton and the New World of Steam - 2025

Still want to know how they intend to get all these games localized without a localization arm

"Heeeeey Nintendo .... old friend. You look fine! Everything's going good, yeah? Hey listen ... we got a question, but it's not super important or something."

(Though, it might just work for any game that doesn't have a PS4/5 version too.)
I could see Nintendo doing it. They were the publishers for the 3DS level 5 games (which is also why they rarely went on sale).

I could see Nintendo doing it. They were the publishers for the 3DS level 5 games (which is also why they rarely went on sale).
That works for Fantasy Life and eventually Layton, but the other three are multiplats

I think we've seen English gameplay for all of them, so it's likely being outsourced. Though Decapolice still having no dub when it was supposed to launch this year is very weird.

1. It won't release holiday 2024
2. It's going to be fucking terrible and won't sell well because of that

I don't see why you'd assume it's going to be terrible, Level 5 might not be good at keeping to deadlines or making smart marketing decisions, but they're consistent on making games that are at worst "just" good. I don't think I've ever played a game from them that could be described as terrible.

Didn't believe for a second they were going to release any game this year lmao

They must have really made an ungodly amount of money during their peak years to keep going on like this...

Delaying all their lineup AND announcing they have yet another game in development? Still sceptical about the 'Level 5 revival' if this continues. They should finish their current games in development before making another one.
Still hoping they will manage their revival tho, I love Level 5 and their franchises and looking forward for Decapolis.

Back
Top Bottom