• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Lego Horizon Adventures (PS5, PC and Switch, Holiday 2024)

it's Friday night and i'm already too drunk to put up a good fight but i will say this.
Everyone can be only one person doing a thing at a given time. We can't be multiple people playing multiple video game consoles at the same time.
Exactly. Nintendo and Sony and Microsoft are all in competition. I never for a single second said they were not.

They are also in competition with Amazon and Netflix and Theme Parks and books and ballet and theater, all at the same time. Because all entertainment is in competition for your limited number of entertainment hours. But if you want ballet, then I don't think Horizon Forbidden West is going to be a replacement.

And if you want a handheld, a Playstation will never be competition. This is not a complicated idea. I don't know why you think that it is.

So Nintendo was indeed the last one to go third-party.

giphy.gif

Joking aside, I had to do a triple take when I opened my phone to check if anything interesting had been announced and saw the words Horizon and Switch used in the same sentence.

Nintendo does monster numbers with Lego games so it makes sense in that regard. Sony will get its cut of the pie as the IP owner and Nintendo right now is very much a tag along device in the eyes of Sony. MS will remain in competitor status due to a traditional home console so Sony will treat them as such. Nintendo being a hybrid device gives Sony some room to coordinate some things but yeah I doubt Sony will go too far with IP releases

Speaking of making Horizon more family friendly, we also know that GGs is working on a Horizon MP game that is cartoony and kid friendly.
FniMuc2WYAE981E.jpg:large

Not to be confused with the Horizon MMO that is being made with Sony and NCSOFT

I am guessing this MP title will also hit MOBILE and not just PS and PC.

Speaking of making Horizon more family friendly, we also know that GGs is working on a Horizon MP game that is cartoony and kid friendly.
FniMuc2WYAE981E.jpg:large

Not to be confused with the Horizon MMO that is being made with Sony and NCSOFT

I am guessing this MP title will also hit MOBILE and not just PS and PC.
Between this, the MMO, the multiplayer game and the TV series it sure seems like Sony has some big plans for the Horizon IP.

I guess it won't be too much longer before we find out what game is going to completely overshadow this one at release, as is tradition.

More seriously, it's very weird to me that this game exists in the first place, even leaving aside the list of platforms for a moment. It's not even an adaptation, like all the other licensed Lego games, it just seems like a somewhat lower scope and lighter take on Horizon. Perhaps Sony is finally trying to broaden their horizons (heh) again after years of the diversity in their lineup slowly contracting, but this is such a bizarre way to do that.

Also PlayStation must be in much more dire straits than I thought if this is coming to Switch day 1.

I guess it won't be too much longer before we find out what game is going to completely overshadow this one at release, as is tradition.

More seriously, it's very weird to me that this game exists in the first place, even leaving aside the list of platforms for a moment. It's not even an adaptation, like all the other licensed Lego games, it just seems like a somewhat lower scope and lighter take on Horizon. Perhaps Sony is finally trying to broaden their horizons (heh) again after years of the diversity in their lineup slowly contracting, but this is such a bizarre way to do that.

Also PlayStation must be in much more dire straits than I thought if this is coming to Switch day 1.
Incoming Donkey Kong multiplatform release.

Perhaps Sony is finally trying to broaden their horizons (heh) again after years of the diversity in their lineup slowly contracting, but this is such a bizarre way to do that.

It is pretty much this, and they are doing so with a positive (if pretty boring) female protagonist who they obviously feel has the widest appeal amongst their current IPs. Aloy is the most obvious candidate for this kind of game.

One is a licensed Lego spinoff game to promote the main I.P, another is an actual main I.P under full Sony ownership.

These are not the same.
splitting hairs. if hyrule warriors or mario and rabbids showed up on the ps5 we would all be doing the rock eyebrow raising gif and wondering if a proper mario or zelda game would come next. yeah it's a lego game but it's also a horizon game and we all assumed that first party sony stuff would stay confined to ps and pc. guess not.

splitting hairs. if hyrule warriors or mario and rabbids showed up on the ps5 we would all be doing the rock eyebrow raising gif and wondering if a proper mario or zelda game would come next. yeah it's a lego game but it's also a horizon game and we all assumed that first party sony stuff would stay confined to ps and pc. guess not.
you're comparing a gaming i.p spinoff like muso or rabbids under gaming companies to a global toy juggernaut known for its multiplatform releases

Sony possibly was fine with the idea since they see it as expanding horizon to a newer audience so that in the future said audience as awareness of it for other Horizon stuff in the future like the MP game

Last edited:
It's a game using the Lego license, nothing strange to this and MLB being multi-plat.
If that was the issue, I'd expect there to be an Xbox port. It's never really been an issue with the Lego games in the past (see: Lego City: Undercover and the related 3DS game, both of which were far less tied up in first party IP than this game is), and frankly, this is more about Horizon than Lego. The specific combination of PS5, PC, and Switch suggests to me that they just don't think PS5 and PC can support this game, which is a pretty damning indictment of PS5.
I thought it was a LEGO-style reimagining of the first Horizon game?
Traditionally an adaptation would be in a different medium than the source material. I guess you can argue that this could meet a pretty broad definition of "adaptation", but it's still pretty far outside of Lego's wheelhouse.

So Nintendo was indeed the last one to go third-party.

giphy.gif

Joking aside, I had to do a triple take when I opened my phone to check if anything interesting had been announced and saw the words Horizon and Switch used in the same sentence.
ah, but you forgot the cd-i games, checkmate liberal.

regarding why this is hitting Switch, I think it's just a combination of being able to get new eyes on the IP, and Switch just being a super family heavy console as a whole. This would still do well with just PS5/PC, but adding on Switch sales is just even more easy money

if more sony stuff comes to nintendo platforms, i'd expect to be super late ports, like, decade old games

...??

so I misheard this out and about as "Lego Horizons" — meaning I thought this was some kind of original Lego open-world adventure

not literally fucking Horizon like the game franchise

I am

so tired of franchises

Yeah, the lines of what Sony will put on Switch and such and keep exclusive really did just get blurrier.

"Oh MLB happened because MLB forced their hand; no multiplat, Sony loses it, it's not even based on a Sony IP!"
"Oh it's just a LEGO game based on a Sony IP, not like it's the real deal!"

Like it's just goalpost moving at this point. I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if Sony push it even further. A few on Era are speculating that Sony could be next doing a port of Horizon Zero Dawn on Switch 2, and frankly that'd be fantastic. It'd be super old by then, it's already playable on PS5 and PC anyway (plus there was a rumored remaster right? Wouldn't shock me to see a remake either as that too was rumored no?). So yeah, sky's the limit really, it's just what Sony feels like on a particular day really

Today LEGO Horizon Adventures, 5 years from now God of War Ragnarok on Switch 2, who the fuck knows!

Looked better than I was anticipating. Thought Skywalker Saga was thoroughly mid, this looks to be an improvement by embracing the Lego side of things more.

Still have virtually no interest in it, but hey. At least it looks cool.

you're comparing a gaming i.p spinoff like muso or rabbids under gaming companies to a global toy juggernaut known for its multiplatform releases

Sony possibly was fine with the idea since they see it as expanding horizon to a newer audience so that in the future said audience as awareness of it for other Horizon stuff in the future like the MP game
musou and rabbid games were multiplatform too and lego did do exclusives briefly but honestly having to specify that they are gaming spinoffs is still splitting hairs. doesn't change that it's a first party playstation franchise that has a first party sony dev helping out showing up in a nintendo console. of course people are gonna start wondering about other games.

It's a game using the Lego license, nothing strange to this and MLB being multi-plat.
Are we supposed to start thinking it's strange that Spider-Man isn't multiplatform?
Like every other Musou game is multiplatform but the ones that are co-productions with a first party. This is an unusual thing.
Yeah, it's possible they do think that, like they think their PC releases will cause people to buy PlayStations, but if so they're fooling themselves more than anyone else.

As Aloy's biggest fan on Famiboards, I am very excited for this game. Not sure if I will pick it up on PS5 or Switch though. I've got time to figure it out.

Also, trolls can keep hating all they want. Horizon is a successful franchise and it isn't going anywhere.

I might actually be interested in this. I love Aloy and the world of Horizon but I absolutely hated playing the game. It was the first time I actually stopped playing a game and watched the story on youtube instead. Could be fun to experience a Legofied version of the story.

I wonder what Nintendo's reaction was when sony came knocking on their door?
"Yo, Nintendo, can we get some dev kits? Oh, not for San Diego, it's for Guerrilla. We're trying to expand the reach of our Horizon franchise and-- okay, can you stop smirking for, like, five seconds? It's just a LEGO game."

Never played Horizon, but always thought the creature designs were interesting. They look kinda cool in Lego form. I might be interested in this game.

When I saw a tweet on my timeline saying the game would come to the Switch I low-key thought it was a troll post lol.

I'm happy it's real tho!! Not really my thing but I'm curious to see how it'll look on the Switch. Also damn it's skipping PS4 so it joins Mortal Kombat 1, Just Dance and Bright Memory on the team of "ditching last gen and favoring Switch".

It’s really funny that we are getting this and a Pharrell Lego Movie the same year and around the the same time.

Back
Top Bottom