• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Lego Horizon Adventures (PS5, PC and Switch, Holiday 2024)

Sadist

Mad Titan
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Just announced at Summer Game Fest;

Will update the OP as soon as possible. Co-developed by Studio Gobo and Guerrila.

Via PS Blog

During today’s Summer Game Fest showcase, we announced the brand-new action adventure game, LEGO Horizon Adventures, to be launched during the 2024 Holiday season on PlayStation 5, PC, and Nintendo Switch.

Co-developed by Guerrilla and Studio Gobo, LEGO Horizon Adventures is a playful and light-hearted story inspired by the events of the world of Horizon.

In a distant future, the land is made of LEGO bricks and incredible dinosaur-like machines roam the Earth. Aloy, the game’s leading hero, is found in a cave as a baby and raised by a grizzled huntsman called Rost, who teaches her the way of the wilds. One day, Aloy embarks on a quest to discover her true destiny. Guided by a thousand-year-old hologram of a scientist called Elisabet, Aloy must confront Helis, the leader of a group of sun worshipers who bow to an Ancient Evil shrouded in mystery. There’s much more in store for Aloy and her friends, as their adventure sends them across the tallest mountains and deepest cauldrons — all beautifully recreated in LEGO elements.

Follow your own adventure or share the fun with another player via couch or online co-op*. LEGO Horizon Adventures has been designed for two-player action without the need for split-screen, providing an opportunity for family and friends to develop connections through collaborative play.

1f6637476733cdaf6bd064d191275614a264bb40.jpg

There’s plenty of brick-based fun to be had too. Give the village of Mother’s Heart a makeover, decorating it in delightful ways to unlock unique LEGO buildings and ornaments. You can even dish out hilarious outfits for your friends to wear!

Last edited:
switch is surprising! game doesn't look like my cup of tea tho

Last edited:
Might be a tiny overreaction but a switch version is mind blowing to me lol. I'll def pick this up on switch if the port is good

damn, another Sony game coming to Nintendo platforms. decades of people clamoring for "Nintendo 3rd party soon" and they're the furthest away from that. good job beating the 3rd party allegations

You can check the blog on PS I won't link it because I don't wanna give it a click. It's co-developed by Studio Gobo and Guerilla.

Releasing on the Switch is not a bad idea. Introduces people to the series and might sell them on a PS5 to play the full games.

It’s not like Lego games sell bad on PS5, they sell very well but it’s still very odd to see a Sony studio develop a Lego game and for a Nintendo console

Looks awesome. I've never played a Lego game before but I'm a big fan of the Horizon series. Looks to be a jolly awesome couch co-op game!

Please refrain from dismissive drive-by posts. These only serve to derail the discussion happening in the thread. - ngpdrew, Lord Azrael, Zellia, meatbag, Dardan Sandiego
Sorry I will never care about this mid and forced IP.

I love Lego bricks, but there's something about the whole Lego "vibe" in their entertainment products that is just an total turn-off for me.

Just that over-caffeinated, over-cheerful thing. Does not work for me usually, and does not work for me here.

A Lego Horizon game but just one set? And that one is OOP? Come on we want more sets! Thunderjaw, Tremortusk... everything please.

why is it on Switch!!!.
Switch but no Xbox.
Makes sense. Sony and MS both need to put stuff on other platforms, but Nintendo doesn't really compete with them directly, so it doesn't feel like giving money to your competitor. And Sony and Nintendo are beginning to partner up via the Zelda movie. A Lego spin-off is basically a layup for "what should go on Switch"

I love Lego bricks, but there's something about the whole Lego "vibe" in their entertainment products that is just an total turn-off for me.

Just that over-caffeinated, over-cheerful thing. Does not work for me usually, and does not work for me here.
Yeah, I agree with that... always saw that way.
At least the Indiana Jones game was somewhat fun with my friends little brother... that's about it.

The Lego games seem to be hyper focused on appealing to younger kids.

Makes sense. Sony and MS both need to put stuff on other platforms, but Nintendo doesn't really compete with them directly, so it doesn't feel like giving money to your competitor. And Sony and Nintendo are beginning to partner up via the Zelda movie. A Lego spin-off is basically a layup for "what should go on Switch"
They make game consoles.
They competing

Oh... its back to the old top down style of lego games? That's surprising.

I gotta say, this 3 minute trailer alone has made Aloy seem like such a better character than 2 entire open world games combined.

I'm glad they are having fun with this one.

Switch but no Xbox.

Wonder why.
Lego group likely requested Switch since so much of the audience for these types of games are there. As for Xbox, the platform is fading so there's no need to develop for it anymore. Microsoft is the world's biggest 3rd party publisher.

i think sony just knows where the audience is for lego games. really doubt this is an MLB situation where they were forced by the license holder to go multiplatform.

i think sony just knows where the audience is for lego games. really doubt this is an MLB situation where they were forced by the license holder to go multiplatform.
PS5 owners certainly aren't going to buy this. Multiplatform with Nintendo makes sense.

This is such a weird cross-over. Who is the demographic for this? Kids who like Lego probably aren't Horizon fans, the IP isn't big enough. And most Horizon fans are probably not gonna buy a "kiddie" Lego game.

PS5 owners certainly aren't going to buy this. Multiplatform with Nintendo makes sense.

This is such a weird cross-over. Who is the demographic for this? Kids who like Lego probably aren't Horizon fans, the IP isn't big enough. And most Horizon fans are probably not gonna buy a "kiddie" Lego game.
yeah i wonder too. don't know who the audience is, other than people who buy all lego games regardless of IP.

Back
Top Bottom