• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News "LEGO 2K Goooal!" has been rated in Korea.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
LEGO-2K-Goooal-Rating-Korea_06-13-23_Rating-768x324.jpg

this is almost certainly the rumoured Soccer/Football game that was being reported on alongside Lego 2K Drive. though oddly enough, it was apprentlly meant to be announced and released first. which matches up with the fact toys tying into it were accidentally listed on LEGO's site early.
318261255_593832605879961_3946463109630483898_n.jpg

the name isn't mentioned, but the 2K logo makes it pretty obvious what it's for.

2K just means the game is going to be laced with microtransactions and designed around some inherently shit "progression model". Pass.

I really want more football games, because I don't ever want to touch FIFA or whatever EA is calling it again, and I'm not interested in Konami's F2P not-PES.
But it coming from 2K after hearing about all the ads and mtx in their sports games, I'm not sure this is it. But who knows...

Could be really good games. 2K really delivers a solid foundation. Just to burn everything down with their horrible micro- transactions...

funnily enough there actually was a previous LEGO Soccer/Football game that had to go through the renaming process across regions.
LEGO_Soccer_Mania_U_GBA_Title.png
Legofootballmania_title.png

there was a PS2 port as well, but i don't have images of both title screens on hand.
I had that game as a little girl, but being Welsh we were a rugby family so me and my brother would pretend it was a totally different sport we were playing a Lego version of. It mostly involved giving the other player a lot of goal kicks, and didn’t really fool anyone. One time our dad tutted at seeing us play a football game instead of rugby.

Anyway that isn’t interesting for anyone else but I hope the new game makes it easier for the next generation of Welsh lesbians and their brothers to convince their parents they’re not traitors.

I had that game as a little girl, but being Welsh we were a rugby family so me and my brother would pretend it was a totally different sport we were playing a Lego version of. It mostly involved giving the other player a lot of goal kicks, and didn’t really fool anyone. One time our dad tutted at seeing us play a football game instead of rugby.

Anyway that isn’t interesting for anyone else but I hope the new game makes it easier for the next generation of Welsh lesbians and their brothers to convince their parents they’re not traitors.
I found it interesting, Football is almost a religion here so it was alwasy funny when my dad and uncle found me and my cousins playing NBA Jam, like "you don't go out because of videogames, at least play a real sport game". I did use that agains them to get International Superstar Soccer as a christmas gif lol

I found it interesting, Football is almost a religion here so it was alwasy funny when my dad and uncle found me and my cousins playing NBA Jam, like "you don't go out because of videogames, at least play a real sport game". I did use that agains them to get International Superstar Soccer as a christmas gif lol
Haha, yup sounds like my situation in reverse. Rugby in Wales has a super specific place in the culture (In England, traditionally rugby is the posh, upper-class game and football is the working man’s game, but in Wales it’s the other way around which creates a lot of tension whenever they play each other, let me tell you), and I think it can create chippyness. There’s the odd rugby game to tie in with World Cups, but, god, I pray for just one proper, arcadey, silly, well-produced rugby game like ISS, NBA Jam, this Lego Football game, or Mario Strikers to come along.

Haha, yup sounds like my situation in reverse. Rugby in Wales has a super specific place in the culture (In England, traditionally rugby is the posh, upper-class game and football is the working man’s game, but in Wales it’s the other way around which creates a lot of tension whenever they play each other, let me tell you), and I think it can create chippyness. There’s the odd rugby game to tie in with World Cups, but, god, I pray for just one proper, arcadey, silly, well-produced rugby game like ISS, NBA Jam, this Lego Football game, or Mario Strikers to come along.
There's probably never going to be a big budget rugby game unless the sport continues to see a huge increase in popularity in Japan. Without the USA and non-UK European markets a rugby game just isn't going to sell much unfortunately (less so if you're into Rugby League like I am). Same goes for Cricket. The markets that go nuts for these sports just don't intersect with the video game market outside of the UK.

Either way I think there's a gap in the market for a silly, family friendly football game so if done right, this could be fun. Certainly with the Lego aesthetic plenty of scope for customisation, or creating a 'DC super heroes vs Star Wars' all star football match.

Back
Top Bottom