• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Knuckles Paramount+ TV series cast and crew announced. Pilot being directed by Jeff Fowler.

Mer.Saloon

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/Him

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/kn...y-tika-sumpter-sonic-the-hedgehog-1235584850/

The film takes place between the events of “Sonic the Hedgehog 2” and “Sonic the Hedgehog 3,” which is slated to hit theaters Dec. 20, 2024. In the series, Knuckles “agrees to train Wade as his protégé and teach him the ways of the Echidna warrior,” per the official logline.

Edi Patterson (“The Righteous Gemstones”), Julian Barratt (“Mindhorn”), Scott Mescudi (“Don’t Look Up”), and Ellie Taylor (“Ted Lasso”) will recur in the series. Rory McCann (“Game of Thrones”) will guest star, as will Tika Sumpter, reprising the role of Maddie from the films. Additional casting will be announced at a later date.

Production on the series is now underway in London. John Whittington, who worked on the screenplay for “Sonic the Hedgehog 2,” wrote the pilot for “Knuckles” and serves as head writer and executive producer on the series. Brian Schacter and James Madejski are also writers.

Knock knock.

Not to sound like too much of a dick, but I feel like the Mario movie has made me even less patient of videogame adaptations that crowbar on aspects that aren't really what people are looking for.

And keep in mind I still like the Sonic movies, especially the second one. But come on, even considering this is a spinoff of the world established in those films - was anyone really asking for a series that has Knux clowning around with Wade?

Fucking Wade?

Of course, it is a synopsis so there's probably more to it than that. But sheesh.

Not to sound like too much of a dick, but I feel like the Mario movie has made me even less patient of videogame adaptations that crowbar on aspects that aren't really what people are looking for.

And keep in mind I still like the Sonic movies, especially the second one. But come on, even considering this is a spinoff of the world established in those films - was anyone really asking for a series that has Knux clowning around with Wade?

Fucking Wade?

Of course, it is a synopsis so there's probably more to it than that. But sheesh.
In fairness. There is already Sonic Prime, so we're already covered on the game centered series show-wise. A series based on the movie doesn't need to really cover as much game stuff.

It’s a TV series, so they are going to be more limited on how many CG characters they can have vs. a movie. The Sonic movies have always been trying to play catch-up, in a sense.

Either way, more Elba Knuckles is a good thing.

You both raise fair points.

Though I will contend the synopsis still doesn't appealing in the slightest.

I'm not sure what's more surreal to me; Scott Mescudi being referred to by his government name since he's started breaking into acting, or that he's being namedropped for his connection to Don't Look Up (I would have thought Entergalactic even if it was animated)

Also I just realized I still need to watch Sonic The Hedgehog 2, so I suppose I should get around to that before long

Looked up who Wade was and realized that the show is just gonna be more cop stuff. Count me out!

What a remarkably unappealing, copaganda-y premise.

Really, really hope Sonic 3 can just be a damn Sonic movie.

It takes some serious balls to throw millions of dollars behind a project as weird as this, and I almost admire that, except it will be terrible.

Back
Top Bottom