• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Just for fun: Make a Fake Nintendo Direct Leak!

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
It can be serious, to try to deceive folks. Or maybe it’s a Direct of Dreams, with everything you’ve ever wanted! Or maybe it’s just for shiggles, to give folks a good chuckle. Whatever the purpose, just make and post a fake Direct leak!

Here’s mine:

IMG-6175.jpg

It can be serious, to try to deceive folks. Or maybe it’s a Direct of Dreams, with everything you’ve ever wanted! Or maybe it’s just for shiggles, to give folks a good chuckle. Whatever the purpose, just make and post a fake Direct leak!

Here’s mine:

IMG-6175.jpg
Damn, now that I'm thinking about it, I'd love Nuts & Bolts on Switch.
Maybe one day people will realize it's a good game in a post-Tears of the Kingdom world. Crazy to me how much damage a single video that spent about a third of the time complaining about getting lost in the tutorial level did to that game.

Here’s mine:

IMG-6175.jpg

something about the idea of someone putting shadowdrop into the name of a folder like that is just hilarious to me

Nintendo Direct 2/13/2025

52 minutes

• Boring tour of Super Switch's UI and features, including a weird video about the controller and remote play
  • Wii Sports/Nintendo Land gimmick game for Super Switch debut trailer
  • Enhanced (Supermastered) Switch games for Super Switch. BotW shown running at 4K/60.
  • Super Mario World (3D game, not a remake of the SNES entry) debut trailer
  • All Micro exclusives coming to Super Switch. Game Pass incoming as well
  • Starfield exclusive trailer for Super Switch
  • Second look at the next DOOM game
  • Call of Duty stuff
  • Halo x Metroid Mousou
  • Metroid Prime 4 Entropy announced as a launch title for Super Switch
  • Metroid 6 as a companion game for Entropy
  • All modern Resi and Street Fighter games coming to Super Switch
  • Mega Man 12 debut trailer
  • Final Fantasy XIV for Super Switch
  • Dragon Quest XII debut trailer
  • Square Enix game with weird and long name
  • Lots of Bandai Namco games
  • Xenoblade X remaster coming to Super Switch
  • Xenoblade X Ops MMO-type of game coming someday
  • Farming games
  • Indies and other third party releases, including Hollow Knight Silksong (just a trailer)
  • Reminder of the release datw of Super Switch
  • Pikmin 5 almost ready

- NEW SUPER BIG F-ZERO GAME

Definitely didn’t copy and paste this from a post I made in the Direct Speculation thread a few days ago…

Nintendo Direct 4.10.2024

Opener:

-Fire Emblem 4 Remake reveal trailer / 8.29.2024

Headlines/Spotlights:

-Paper Mario TTYD gets new content trailer (side story: Luigi’s story) / 5.23.2024

-Splatoonville trailer: an ambitious experimental spin-off of Splatoon that goes for RPG gameplay, while making use of Splatoon lore and worldbuilding. / 10.24.2024

-The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD & Twilight Princess HD. Very similar to the Pikmin 1 + 2 reveal: the games are shadowdropped digitally immediately and can be bought separately, or as a bundle for a reduced price. Physical dual pack releases on 6.6.2024

-Mario & Luigi: Triple Trouble reveal trailer: wha-? Who’s that that’s joined the brothers on their latest RPG adventure? Could it be… Princess Peach?? / Holiday 2024

-Tomodachi: Live it Up! reveal trailer. A sequel to the Tomodachi Life series, this entry comes with many features from the 3DS title, but it also allows you to explore areas of the island on foot as your look-alike and interact with your islanders by walking up and talking to them! / Early 2025

-Chibi-Robo: Surge Protector reveal trailer. Finally, a true sequel to the original Chibi-Robo in line with the original gameplay, has new locations and story to enjoy. / Holiday 2024

Closer:

Metroid segment:

-Prime 2 HD and Prime 3 HD dual pack. No shadowdrop so it doesn’t conflict with Zelda shadowdrops. This dual pack will release physically and digitally on 7.11.2024

-Metroid Game & Watch system. Enjoy the original Metroid and Metroid II on this Game & Watch system, just like the Mario and Zelda ones. Releases alongside the 2/3HD pack on 7.11.2024

-Metroid Prime 4 full reveal. It’s everything you’ve ever wanted. / 11.14.2024

Damn, now that I'm thinking about it, I'd love Nuts & Bolts on Switch.
Maybe one day people will realize it's a good game in a post-Tears of the Kingdom world. Crazy to me how much damage a single video that spent about a third of the time complaining about getting lost in the tutorial level did to that game.
This and viva pinata would slap on the switch

• 3/28/24(Thu) 21:54:21 ▶

• Hey guys, got word from an insider that a new Direct will be broadcast on Apr, 01:

• Metroid Corrosion, formely known as Metroid Prime 4, is presented with a developer commentary , and slated for release Jun, 27 2024. A Demo will be available on the eshop at the end of the presentation.

• Battalion Wars 3 is presented with a gameplay trailer , with a tentative release of autumn, 2024. A new Direct will showcase more info.

• Kid Icarus for Switch is first shown in a gameplay trailer . Available holiday, 2024. A Demo will be available on the eshop at the end of the presentation.

• Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan for Switch is a big new title, announced in a gameplay trailer . Available Q3, 2024. Exclusive to the Switch Pro.

• Ace Combat 7 - Skies Unknown is coming to Switch. Has exclusive content for the plataform. To be released 2024

• Persona 5 Royal is coming to Switch. Will have a digital only release. To be released 2024

• Resident Evil 3 Remake is coming to Switch. In the form of cloud streaming. To be released 2024

• Starfox VS will be announced with a long trailer , and it will be available May, 12 2024. DLC and more content is being planned for this title.

• Switch Pro is coming soon. Its official name is Super Switch. It will feature IR blaster for TV control, a Custom Nvidia Tegra X2 chip, software exclusive to this model, 4K, and Mini-LED display. To be released 2024

• Furukawa appears, announcing plans to buy studios to diversify Nintendo's games portfolio.

Are those fake game reveals in nintendo direct leaks allowed in here as well? Like the one pictured below, because if so I might take a crack at it lmao.
iu

Adam Sandler The Video Game : 404 Talent Not Found
Dingo Pictures : The YEE Museum
Legends of Hyrule :The Cake Maker and his Cat Wonda who just couldn't stop to eat all my fish, that fucking damn cat ! (temp. title)
Metroid Prime 4 - Against the Evil Creatures (Final title)
Robert Redford in : The Search for John Wayne's Bikini of Love
Sega's Mega Games : Crazy Taxi (Note : Roblox needs to be installed first).
Sega's Mega Games : Shinobi (Note : Roblox needs to be installed first).
Sega's Mega Games : Streets of Rage (Note : Roblox needs to be installed first).
Segagaga 2 : Hole Diggin' (starring Eiji Aonuma)
StarFox Visual Story : Of Fur & Tail (Rated M)
Turrican : Rise of the Machine
Warner Bros. Special - La Classe Américaine HD Restoration

Intro
Cold Open: Fortune Street
45 minute gameplay Demonstration of Fortune Street
And One More Thing: The next Fortune Street is also in Development.

Donkey Kong Country Returns Again 3D + Kiddy Mode

In response to the complaints about difficulty the new Kiddy mode was implemented, Kiddy Kong is invincible and has infinite balloons. You must unlock old characters by beating the new postgame made entirely of rocket barrel levels. Its 30 fps as a remaster of the 3ds game.

F-Zero 111

A re-release of F-Zero 99 for purchase, this time with 22 more players in the same race. No new content has been added.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Awakening: IF

A remake of the fire emblem game that saved the series, which makes it the most popular and bestest. This story is actually changed by the interdimensional addition of popular characters from other games (wow). To address complaints of if its story simplicity a lot of dialogue dedicated to politics and history has been added, as a result the child characters remain in their pocket dimension and do not join the main party.

The art style keeps original poly chibis and original texture assets as IS has been hard at work on the Paper Mario remake. While the new Fire Emblem: Heroes HD takes up the bulk of development time.

Metroid Prime 2 HD

New multiplayer modes like capture the flag and gun game, 20 new maps, dedicated to multiplayer madness. Nintendo's first experiment with voice chat in game with no extra peripheral (can't be turned off).

Luigi's Mansion 2

A new "hard mode" that also adds some element of free roam to each map. You try and progress while random keys and powers from your inventory are stolen by Polterkitty. Once you find the cat you are still returned to the mission menu before you can return to your last saved room. Old puzzles and doors are re-locked. But you can, technically sometimes move around beyond the original games linear structure when you aren’t unlucky.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Boko Bow Training

Set in areas of the BOTW map a sequel to the high selling Wii Classic. The main feature is bow durability.

New Pokemon Dash

A somewhat more serious attempt with scope more in line with the Pokemon modern games, with comparable performance and visuals to boot.

Kirby Rainbow Curse Remastered

A port of the underrated Kirby Rainbow Curse, only playable in handheld mode with the touch screen, as it is a faithful remake.

Captain Toad Hoard Hider

Evade Princess Peach's panoptic glare as you rush to hide your windfall gains and luxury purchases in this puzzle stealth game.

Game and Wario Remastered

Mario Party Super Stars: Wii Wonder

Race around with your friends in your car collecting star shards! Features remade levels and mini games from the million sellers: Mario Party 9 and 10!. To ensure good sportsmanship and fairness all players get 20 mini stars for participating in minigames and the regular dice can only roll 6.

Big Brain Academy: Mii Degree

A high investment remake developed by Grezzo, heavily features new "Froshmate" characters.

Opener:
Fire Emblem 4 Remake.

Headlines:
X-Men Legends 3: X-Men '97 tie in game.

Paper Mario TTYD new trailer.

Sega Ages revival: now with the Saturn/Dreamcast games they were teasing during the entirety of the original Switch Ages line.

Punch-Out!! Rematch Edition: remaster of the Wii game.

One more thing: hold on! Isn't it too soon to say tha- Oh, shit, son, plot twist! It's a Columbo game!

Castlevania DS Collection: what it says on the tin (although it includes Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth for some reason, not that I'm complaining)

Closer:
Metroid Prime 4. Retro remembered where it put it, guys, so now they can release it! It was in the sock drawer all along! Also, Prime 2 and 3 are also coming.

There were other things, but my source didn't tell me everything. They're quirky like that, you see.

Nintendo Direct Starts:

"Thank you for joining us today for a new Nintendo Direct. I am happy to announce the end of the Switch. Permanently. As you listen a kill code has been sent to all Switches to immediately and irrevocably brick all consoles. Thank you for watching."

End

• Donkey Kong Country Trilogy - Collector's Edition, remake collection of Donkey Kong Country Trilogy for the SNES, appears in the Direct, with a short teaser , and it will be available Jul, 10 2024. More information is coming.
Well, you heard it here first everyone. Please subscribe to my patreon for more scoops.

• 3/28/24(Thu) 21:54:21 ▶

• Hey guys, got word from an insider that a new Direct will be broadcast on Apr, 01:

• Metroid Corrosion, formely known as Metroid Prime 4, is presented with a developer commentary , and slated for release Jun, 27 2024. A Demo will be available on the eshop at the end of the presentation.

• Battalion Wars 3 is presented with a gameplay trailer , with a tentative release of autumn, 2024. A new Direct will showcase more info.

• Kid Icarus for Switch is first shown in a gameplay trailer . Available holiday, 2024. A Demo will be available on the eshop at the end of the presentation.

• Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan for Switch is a big new title, announced in a gameplay trailer . Available Q3, 2024. Exclusive to the Switch Pro.

• Ace Combat 7 - Skies Unknown is coming to Switch. Has exclusive content for the plataform. To be released 2024

• Persona 5 Royal is coming to Switch. Will have a digital only release. To be released 2024

• Resident Evil 3 Remake is coming to Switch. In the form of cloud streaming. To be released 2024

• Starfox VS will be announced with a long trailer , and it will be available May, 12 2024. DLC and more content is being planned for this title.

• Switch Pro is coming soon. Its official name is Super Switch. It will feature IR blaster for TV control, a Custom Nvidia Tegra X2 chip, software exclusive to this model, 4K, and Mini-LED display. To be released 2024

• Furukawa appears, announcing plans to buy studios to diversify Nintendo's games portfolio.
BltW3BJ.png

I know this thread is meant for fake leaks, but my guy oppiZ just got some new scoops hot off the presses, so here goes:

• Mario movie 2 trailer, launching last week
  • Miyamoto burns a copy of Mario Sunshine live on camera, suddenly he puts a device to the screen and sucks any and all memories of sunshine from everyone watching (similar to what Mr Krabs did the the guy watching TV for free)
  • Animal Crossing Newer Horizons, now featuring even less villager dialogue and updates every 8 years. Fret not however, the mobile game will continue to get consistent updates into the release of Newer Horizons
  • Metroid Prime 4 restarts development again. They doesn’t even ask for your understanding, they just hate Metroid fans now (and since the series inception tbh)
  • Beta footage of Mario Odyssey 2 is played on screen before fading out into a full on Nintendo published remake of Bubsy 3D. They Game somehow looks worse with the new graphics, and no release date is given
  • Next is the Zelda section, and it starts with a speech from Mr Zelda. He expresses the difficulty the team has had trying to satisfy the immense fan outcry for Twilight Princess and Windwaker remasters when one’s already exist on the Wii U, and how they feel they have come up with an amazing solution. A revolutionary new type of game, a de-make. Windwaker and Twilight Princess both de-made to have N64 graphics and controls, releasing for 60 dollars each right after the presentation
  • Almost finished, now it’s time for another new innovation, the Nintendo anti-select. Games in the anti select line were seen as so high quality, charging 60 dollars for them feels too egregious on the behalf of Nintendo, with some of the chosen games including Mario Odyssey, Pokémon Lets Go Pikachu and Eveee. Mario Golf Super Rush, Mario Strikers Battle League, Club House 51 Games, MC Horace simulator, and Bubsy 3D
  • On the topic of price changes, the penultimate reveal is a price increase for Nintendo Switch Online, a 15 dollar increase for the base service and an increase of 30 for the expansion pass. The increase on the base tier is explained as compensating for the extraordinary quality of the online, while the increase for the expansion pass is explained as Nintendo felt like it. As a consolation for pre-existing subscribers, a 3 dollar discount on Bubsy 3D is offered
  • For the final announcement, Nintendo promises to bring out the big guns, to really pull into the vault of major announcements. They hype this up as the most exciting reveal in Nintendo direct history, start a drum roll, turn the camera black, and end the broadcast right then and there

So yeah, go into the next direct expecting something like this

9RcsVss.jpg

My coworker's mailman's hairdresser's cousin managed to dig this up! Of course, it's only the first draft, so you can't prove that this isn't reputable!

9RcsVss.jpg

My coworker's mailman's hairdresser's cousin managed to dig this up! Of course, it's only the first draft, so you can't prove that this isn't reputable!
"Mention that SoC uses a 4nm process"

LOL! This is hilarious because NIntendo would never talk about tech specs like this but I sort of wish they do!

as a result the child characters remain in their pocket dimension and do not join the main party.
That's from Fates/If, not Awakening. It'd make no sense for the child-units in Awakening to be in pocket dimensions in the first place. But I think you know that, given the tone of the section.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Awakening: IF

A remake of the fire emblem game that saved the series, which makes it the most popular and bestest. This story is actually changed by the interdimensional addition of popular characters from other games (wow).
You joke, but I legitimately believe that a remake of Awakening and Fates should be done at the same time and sold together, and whichever game is played first should lead to some fun interactions and bonuses on the other game.

For example, if you play Awakening first, then all of the Child Units (yes, all of them now, not just Inigo, Owain, and Severa) appear in Fates with bonuses, growths, and classes similar to what they had in Awakening, depending on who their fathers were.* Robin may or may not be recruitable later down the line, making it so that Morgan can be gained in Fates in a Paralogue chapter just like in Awakening. (Imagine a Corrin!Morgan and a Robin!Kana. Chaos I tell you! Chaos!)

Meanwhile, if one starts Fates first and then does the Awakening DLC, Corrin, their retainers (Felicia, Flora, Jakob, Kaze, that one old dude), Azura, however many royals are recruited will now be playable and romanceable in Awakening. So those who shipped Chrom and Camilla or Frederick and Camilla due to their supports in Warriors may now feel free to do so in the game. This will lead to some interesting Inheritance stuff - imagine, Malig Knight Lucina or Malig Knight Morgan!

Of course, due to this mixing of timelines and incarnations there'd have to be several characters who just can't support or S-Support each other once relationships are set in stone, and the games shouldn't let you build a family tumbleweed, but I think it'd be possible overall.

Awakening and Fates are the only games where this can work IMO because Fates more or less exists out of time or "the timeline." Lines in-game imply that it happens both before AND after Awakening IIRC.**

Obviously, this won't happen. Both games have a lot going on already, and a remake should work on highlighting their strongpoints and sharpening up those rough edges instead of looking at how to combine the games even further in a way that breaks them both. But it's a fun idea IMO, and one that would give these high replay-value games even more replay value.

*This wouldn't actually be too unique to them, as some pre-promotes like Reina and Flora possess three classes instead of the standard two. (Azura is weird in that she actually seems to have three, given that she will always pass down Troubadour to children who naturally inherit Pegasus Knight (with the exception of Jakob!Shigure) but she can't access the class herself unless she Second-Seals Elise.) The Awakening children would work similar to that. For example, if Severa's father was Stahl, then beating Awakening first would allow Selena to have access to the Mercenary, Pegasus Knight, and Cavalier classes. Similaryly to inheritance in Fates, if the Child Unit and their father share the same class (i.e. Severa/Inigo and Gregor sharing Mercenary, Owain and Lon'qu sharing Myrmidon), then it'll default to the next class they don't share. Things get tricky for the children if their father was Robin, and I don't have a good solution to that just yet. For Inigo, if his father was Chrom, I'm willing to give him either Archer or Cavalier to make up for with, with Rightful King/Ruler as a skill that he has but is unequipped. The real benefit of something like this is long-term unit planning for Fates 2nd Gen characters. A Lon'qu!Laslow can now pass down Swordfaire to Soleil without marrying Hana or anyone else who may have to give up a Second-Seal for the Samurai class.

**I may be remembering this wrong, as I can only find lines that hint at Fates being in the far past of Awakening, with Rhajat and Caeldori's Classic Mode Defeat lines hinting at their "next life" being their Awakening ones. Still, I feel as if I remember there being a line in the game or from the DLC where Ylisse is mentioned to be mythical to the Corrin and crew.

Back
Top Bottom