• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Just for fun: A Switch Portbegging topic!

how could I forget the all-time goat SNEAK KING

let me be clear that i would literally pay money for King’s Quest VIII

hz4Y3Fc.jpg

Outer Wilds
Pizza Tower
Ace Attorney Investigations 1 & 2
Symphony of the Night + Rondo of Blood

I was also going to say Virgo vs the Zodiac but apparently the port for that just came out on August 23rd. So I actually really appreciate this topic for making me look this up.

Mega Man Legends 1 + 2, Misadventures of Tron Bonne, and to pour salt on the wound - the never-released demo of Mega Man Legends 3.

Here's one I just thought of. A while back a friend recommended I play 999, and we were both kind of surprised to realize it wasn't available on Switch, esp. considering the original was a DS game.

It is on Steam though, so ended up picking that version up; plays great on Steam Deck and seems like the kind of thing that'd be a good fit on Switch.

While we're at it, could we get a Llamasoft Collection for Switch? I've been on a bit of a Jeff Minter appreciation wave recently, and the dude has had one hell of a career.

Some of his games seem locked to either PC or dead systems though.

Last edited:
Hypothetical Thief I & II Enhanced Editions, handled by Nightdive Studios
Same for Half-Life, which would include the expansion packs
System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition that's in development

Portbegging is frowned upon in a lot of online communities, so I decided, why not make a topic where we can go all out with whiny entitlement!

I'll start with an uncommon one:

Dragon's Crown: This is one I think would do great on Switch. The Beat 'em up arcade-style gameplay would be great for pick up and play as well as portability. Also, with the resurgence of beat em ups like TMNT, SoR4 and River City Girls, I think it would actually stand a pretty good chance in today's market. Add in online coop play and you've got a winner! With the recent news of 13 Sentinels hitting a million sales, it would be cool to possibly see this.

To add to your Dragon's Crown suggestion, I don't see why the entire Vanillaware "trilogy" that were on Vita haven't come to switch yet - Muramasa, Dragon's Crown and Odin Sphere. They'd be perfect on Switch and wouldn't take too much time to port over you imagine?

I just played through Odin Sphere for the first time - finishing it the other day - and it's probably in my top 5 games OAT now. Incredible game.

On Steam, Sega has a "Dreamcast Collection" bundle that contains:

Crazy Taxi
Jet Set Radio
NiGHTS Into Dreams
SEGA Bass Fishing
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Space Channel 5 Part 2

Put them all on Switch and I will overlook the fact that NiGHTS was never a Dreamcast game.

DMC4 GODDAMN IT

Like, what the hell even happened? Why did they stop after DMC3? Bring back the Adult Masterpieces.
Would buy every game part of this. Get Dead Rising 1, 2, OTR and Chop Til You Drop, killer7, PS1 RE 1, 2 and 3 and RECVX HD, DMC4 SE.

I already got the Pocky & Rocky remake I spent years asking Nintendo during every E3. Now all that's left is:
  • Literally every single Shin Megami Tensei game ever released
  • Also Persona 1 and 2 and Innocent Sin
Just make sure they're ports! No Reload situation, no new added stuff from people who weren't even born when the game released, just let me have those xD

I'll focus on PS360 ports I'd still like.

• 1001 Spikes
  • 3D Dot Game Heroes
  • 428: Shibuya Scramble
  • Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
  • AfterBurner Climax
  • Bionic Commando ReArmed
  • Blue Dragon
  • CyberTroopers Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram
  • Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
  • Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
  • Dead Rising
  • Devil May Cry 4 (Special Edition)
  • Dragon's Crown
  • E.X.Troopers
  • GTI Club + Rally Cote D'Azur
  • Guardian Heroes HD
  • Gundam EXVS Maxi-Boost On
  • Gunwange
  • Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax
  • Hard Corps: Uprising
  • Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • Metal Slug XX
  • Moon Diver
  • Nin2-Jump
  • Odin Sphere Liefthrasir
  • Otomedius Excellent
  • Otomedius Gorgeous
  • Outrun Online Arcade
  • Rez HD
  • Ridge Racer 7
  • Sengoku Basara 3 Utage
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed
  • Sonic Generations
  • Strania
  • Tempura of the Dead
  • Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV
  • Under Defeat HD
  • Vanquish
  • Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls
  • Yakuza 0
  • Yakuza Kiwami

I'll focus on PS360 ports I'd still like.

• 1001 Spikes
  • 3D Dot Game Heroes
  • 428: Shibuya Scramble
  • Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
  • AfterBurner Climax
  • Bionic Commando ReArmed
  • Blue Dragon
  • CyberTroopers Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram
  • Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
  • Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
  • Dead Rising
  • Devil May Cry 4 (Special Edition)
  • Dragon's Crown
  • E.X.Troopers
  • GTI Club + Rally Cote D'Azur
  • Guardian Heroes HD
  • Gundam EXVS Maxi-Boost On
  • Gunwange
  • Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax
  • Hard Corps: Uprising
  • Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • Metal Slug XX
  • Moon Diver
  • Nin2-Jump
  • Odin Sphere Liefthrasir
  • Otomedius Excellent
  • Otomedius Gorgeous
  • Outrun Online Arcade
  • Rez HD
  • Ridge Racer 7
  • Sengoku Basara 3 Utage
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed
  • Sonic Generations
  • Strania
  • Tempura of the Dead
  • Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV
  • Under Defeat HD
  • Vanquish
  • Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls
  • Yakuza 0
  • Yakuza Kiwami

That's a rather excellent selection of games.

Time Crisis and Point Blank
The House of the Dead Overkill, Baby!!!!

Dead Space Extraction, Sin & Punishment 2 as well! That would be sooo dope!!! I miss lightgun shooters!!! HotD Overkill was such a blast for me: Love zombies, love the Grindhouse Style, love the primitive and crude humor, love everything about it!!!

Maybe Nintendo can add a Wii Sensor Bar to the MyNintendoStore, compatible with the Nintendo Switch?

I don't know how it would easily work, all I know that it's not so simple get a light gun work with a modern TV. Exception: Sinden Lightgun, but curiously the big 3 (Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony) doesn't seem to much interested to get them compatible with their game consoles, sadly.

...A man can dream....

I have a PS4 and a decent PC so I'm not sure Switch could handle anything I couldn't get/run on other platforms, but I'd like to see more 3DS games. I've heard good things abous SMT IV and I loved Kid Icarus Uprising.

Athough I'm playing HD Remaster of Nocturne now, and they did a REALLY shoddy job on it (cutscenes are 4:3 including those that could be made anew in literally 3 seconds), it would be better than nothing. Can't blame them, who cares about interesting dreamlike games when you can make a transphobic school sim redux #20?

Back
Top Bottom