• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Just for fun: A Switch Portbegging topic!

souio

Moblin
Pronouns
he/him
Portbegging is frowned upon in a lot of online communities, so I decided, why not make a topic where we can go all out with whiny entitlement!

I'll start with an uncommon one:

Dragon's Crown: This is one I think would do great on Switch. The Beat 'em up arcade-style gameplay would be great for pick up and play as well as portability. Also, with the resurgence of beat em ups like TMNT, SoR4 and River City Girls, I think it would actually stand a pretty good chance in today's market. Add in online coop play and you've got a winner! With the recent news of 13 Sentinels hitting a million sales, it would be cool to possibly see this.

Oh, you want my list of games I’d want to see ported to Switch??

spongebob-long-list.gif

An Another Century's Episode PS2 trilogy HD remaster for Switch.

Do it, FROM.

The ones that really stand out for me: How are there literally zero Yakuza/Like A Dragon games on Switch? Like, I know RGG's explanation but it still just makes no damn sense to me.

Also, Tekken and Mass Effect. How is it there were games from those series on WiiU but not Switch.

Lastly, I thought I was done port begging for Persona once 3/4/5 came to Switch, and then Atlus went and did an Atlus with Persona 3 Reload.

Project Zero 2: Wii Edition (likely under another name due to a multi-platform release)
Dead or Alive 1 - 3
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Excite Truck
Quake III Arena...with content from Quake Live and console versions included
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga I & II
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Final Fantasy Type-0
Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139...
Mirror's Edge
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Anything Ace Combat, SoulCalibur, Tekken, or Ridge Racer...

Yakuza is one of the biggest missing oddities that I'm sure will be posted by the time I hit send here, so I'm going with another one.

Where's the zero escape trilogy? We went from the series starting out as a DS exclusive, to having ports that were clearly secondary concerns to the ps vita versions, to missing entirely from switch. We've gotten Danganronpa and ace attorney collections, but went on missing the other big name VN/adventure game, and it's a bit weird.

Last edited:
No third-party games on my wishlist, since I'd rather have them on PS5 (or can already play them there). Just give me every Metroid game that isn't on Switch. Punch-Out!! Wii would be awesome too, and I never did play Wario Land: Shake It!

Skies of Arcadia
Donkey Kong Country Returns
GTAIV
Deus Ex Human Revolution & Mankind Divided
Zelda Twilight Princess HD
Zelda Wind Waker HD
Metroid Prime 2 & 3
Half-Life: The Orange Box (minus Portal since that is already on Switch)
Far-Cry 3 + Blood Dragon

Some are clearly shoe-ins given they're Nintendo IPs, but the others just sound they would fit perfectly into the ethos of the Switch.

A couple other ones I'll mention, but only because I think Nightdive could do them justice are Deus Ex 1 & 2, and No One Lives Forever 1 & 2. They previously did attempt to secure the rights for NOLF, but licensing issues put the brakes on that, but I'm hoping someday that can get sorted out (no clue on the licensing for NOLF2, but perhaps it's similar). As far as Deux Ex goes, the first one already was ported over to PS2, and for an early 2000s PC-centric title, it was translated very well for consoles, though it did suffer from many performance issues. With the right team, it could be a solid conversion. And Deus Ex 2 was already a console-centric title when it came out, so some QOL improvements, plus whatever additions needed could make it another solid conversion.

Since they were able to get Skyrim on Switch, it'd be cool to see Fallout 3 and New Vegas too

I'd love to see more Wario Land games get ported over, plus Luigi's Mansion so we can have the full trilogy on one console.

Please Nintendo, give me Golden Sun 1+2 bundled (preferably a remaster ) so I can throw my money to you!
As for third party... I'd love to see Bloody Roar (if we get Primal Fury again that's A++) but that's more a pipe dream because well, Konami

Hey From, it's me. The person who complains alot and constantly suggests Lost Kingdoms to people.

Wanna do me a solid and re release the two Lost Kingdoms games on, well any console really. That'd be swell.

Thanks

Mainly DS and 3DS games that have become largely inaccessible due to the eShop shutdown and being out of print. Unless Nintendo has an emulation solution on their next system I feel like these are going to be lost forever.

Other than pretty much all of Nintendo's library, the lack of the Sonic Adventure duology stands out since those were many Nintendo fans' introduction to Sonic.

Zell and Nate had to instill that little spark of madness with discussions of Halo coming to Switch, and I've been keeping it alive far longer than anyone else reasonably should have (hell I don't even think either of them believe it's happening anymore lmao). Still, MCC on Switch is top of my list. FPS genre is still woefully underrepresented, internet would explode for everyone over the age of 25 who were there for the sixth/seventh generation console wars, can't buy that level of marketing influence, etc.

Also, EA, you love porting old games to Switch that have since had their time in the spotlight years ago and need to generate some new revenue with minimal investment. Let's bring back Mirror's Edge, yeah? Also, Gamecube ports are totally hot right now. You should also bring back SSX Tricky and Freedom Fighters. Just lobbing those ideas your way for free. You picking up what I'm putting down? Get ol' Mr. Bowser at NoA on the horn, pull some strings? If others say Mass Effect I'll echo it for them, but yeah gimme the better other ME franchise pls

Platinum, you love Nintendo, yeah? You love Bayonetta? You love your action games? I don't think enough people played Vanquish, you should bring that back for the people.

Sega, Sonic Adventure 2-pack for the 20th anniversary next year. Writes the cheque itself. Also, Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, come oonnnnnnnn (but real shit, thank you for Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2, that was clutch 🙏)

cannot believe we don’t have Cosmology of Kyoto on Switch yet smdh
these mfs ain’t even got Incredible Crisis on Switch yet!!! what are they DOING
Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 2 AKA Raw Danger??!!?!?? totally MIA on Switch
Hear that! I can't believe we're almost 7 years into the Switch's lifecycle and they haven't brought over the beloved PC-Engine Shubibinman trilogy yet! What were they thinking?!

For the regular switch, I am a simple man:
Zelda Wind Waker HD and TPHD

Honestly, more of my energy is on Switch 2 ports. In which case, I have a pretty huge list:
1. Resident Evil, Ethan Collection:
Resident Evil 7 and 8 with DLCS.
2. Resident Evil Remake Collection:
Resident evil remake 2, 3, and 4.
3. Elden Ring
4. Final Fantasy 7 Remake
5. Street Fighter 6
6. Baldurs Gate 3

That's that salary man game, right?
Yeah Taneo is the first character you play as. You end up playing the whole family!
Hear that! I can't believe we're almost 7 years into the Switch's lifecycle and they haven't brought over the beloved PC-Engine Shubibinman trilogy yet! What were they thinking?!
If we have to go one more year of this console WITHOUT Septentrion Out of the Blue I am going to lose it

Honestly, at this point the library is so large and varied that there's very few games from this gen that I think would run well on Switch and aren't there. Tales of Arise, Soul Hackers, and Persona 3 Reload is just about it.

With a new console launching in maybe a year, I'd rather all the games that are missing receive better versions on the Succ. SF6, CoD, Cyberpunk, and the Assassins Creeds.

Y'all have a great taste I have to say. Count me in for any of the mentions.

Eternal Darkness Remastered

All Legacy of Kain stuff

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Persona 1 & 2

Vagrant Story

Metal Slug Anthology

Kraut Busters

Valkyria Chronicles 2 & 3

Alien Trilogy

Alien Infestation

Alien 3

Alien Vs Predator (Capcom Arcade)

Power Stone 1 & 2

more Ghosts 'n' Goblins

Actraiser II Renaissance

Terranigma, goddammit!

Illusion of Gaia

SoulBlazer

Valkyrie Profile

Hagane The Final Conflict

Contra 4

Contra Shattered Soldier

Neo Contra

HArdcorps Uprising

Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Castlevania Rondo of Blood

all DS Castlevanias

Chrono Trigger, for Christ's sake

Parasite Eve

Bahamut LAgoon

Snatcher

House of the Dead Overkill Extended Cut

all SoulCalibur

F-Zero GX

PAper MArio Thousand Year Door

Xenogears

Xenosaga

Sin & Punishment Star Successor

MadWorld

The Last Story

Pandora's Tower

...and all the good Marvel stuff from Capcom: Punisher, MvC1, 2, UMvC 3, XMen Children of the Atom, X-Men vs Street Fighter, MArvel Super Heroes etc.

Last edited:
Give us OoT3D as well with improved resolution and textures. Announce it in the September Direct and release it in November for OoT’s 25th anniversary!

Probably some of those I'd love to see them better on Redacted * :

Terranigma 2D-HD
Xenoblade X
Eternal Darkness
Xenogears remake
F-Zero GX
Xenosaga Trilogy HD
Planet Coaster /Zoo *
Mass Effect Collection
Star Wars Rogue Squadron Collection HD
Castlevania SOtN already dammit!
Cities Skylines II * with keyboard and mouse support
Fatal Frame Collection
Watch_dogs
Baldur's Gate Collection
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order / Survivor *
Silent Hill classics
Nier Replicant
Dune Imperium (the boardgame they announced for Steam)
Killer Instinct Collection
MadWorld
Ridge Racer Collection
Elden Ring *
Cyberpunk *
native editions for modern Resident Evil games *
many modern horror games like Visage or Phasmophobia *
Neon Genesis Evangelion 64 on NSO

Other than pretty much all of Nintendo's library, the lack of the Sonic Adventure duology stands out since those were many Nintendo fans' introduction to Sonic.
I was thinking about this too, but I'd also like to extend it to "any Sonic game that isn't a Classic game". I love the Genesis games, but I feel like everything else (barring Colors) gets slept on when it comes to rereleases. Port 06, you cowards.

I was thinking about this too, but I'd also like to extend it to "any Sonic game that isn't a Classic game". I love the Genesis games, but I feel like everything else (barring Colors) gets slept on when it comes to rereleases. Port 06, you cowards.

It's not like they even managed to do a good job with colours either, and that should have been one of the easiest slam dunks. I'm not sure they should bother if colours is representative of the amount of effort we could expect them to budget for.

It's not like they even managed to do a good job with colours either, and that should have been one of the easiest slam dunks. I'm not sure they should bother if colours is representative of the amount of effort we could expect them to budget for.
Fair point - Colors Ultimate is a rubbish port, but I still think the earlier modern games should be accessible on modern consoles, even if they're just straight ports rather than whatever Ult was trying to do.

That list would be endless haha, but these are one of my most wanted, ESPECIALLY Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria, that'll translate beautiful to the Switch!

• SMT: Digital Devil Saga I & II
  • Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria
  • Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
  • Radiant Historia
  • SMT: Devil Summoner, Raidou I & II
  • Baroque remake
  • Valkyria Chronicles II
  • Rygar: The Legendary Adventure
  • Maken X

Just for the sake of not posting a huge list I'm gonna say Dark Souls 2 and 3 and Sekiro. I imagine the latter 2 may have performance worries but idgaf I just wanna play 'em!

I wonder if Dark Souls 1 bombed on Switch and that's why we never got anything else from From.

more lightgun shooters for the Switch, please! Thereby cooperate with Sinden Lightgun to get a goddamn Lightgun working on the Switch!

I'm gonna be very obscure and demand a Ace Attorney Investigations 1 and 2 port. It's a shame that the second game has NEVER been localized.

Back
Top Bottom