• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Logiart Grimoire announced for Nintendo Switch and Steam, developed by Jupiter (out now!)

i'm a bit confused by the trailer honestly... seems like everything around the actual puzzle solving will just get in the way.

edit: i would have loved if it was just a straight up new picross game for steam, with a new aesthetic. i could see that being a success for the new audience.

Oooh a for real Picross game from Jupiter on Steam? Cool to have a legit one outside a Nintendo console. Not sure I'm sold on whatever the new gimmick is, it feels like they've kinda been throwing stuff at the wall ever since the S series has dragged on, Nintendo apparently isn't into collaborating anymore, and whatever that Picross X: Picbits vs Uzboross thing was... but in any case I hope this does well for them.

It looks like you unlock new puzzles by fusing puzzles you've already solved. And that the locked puzzles have a discription that gives clues what to fuse. For example, having solved the puzzles for stone, thread, and wood, the player can combine them to make a bow, and then they can take on the puzzle for bow. Completing puzzles levels up the character who talks in the trailer, and leveling him up means you can fuse more things together, maybe four instead of three

"Logiart" as a non-Nintendo brand for "Picross" is a pretty neat name. I will admit that it was pretty funny to hear the Picross S8 title music throughout the trainer (that's the title I'm currently on), but that's early access for you.

I'll probably wait for the reported 2024 Switch release, but it's neat to see Jupiter branch out to other platforms and try out other gimmicks with the established formula. I'm willing to give Jupiter the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Anything but Picross. I just want TWEWY/COM/Pokemon Pinball Jupiter back.
i don't think the team as it is now is capable of tackling those kinds of projects for nintendo/SE. making a handheld RPG for DS/GBA is a way smaller project than making something for pc / modern consoles.

i guess this is kind of what alpha dream went through where they just weren't ready to transition to HD game development and went bankrupt, but the difference here is jupiter still has picross.

I’d be interested, but I didn’t vive with Picross X (speed running easy 5x5 puzzles with a bunch of gacha-esque unlocks and RPG mechanics bolted on wasn’t fun for me), so I’m gonna wait on a demo and hope for the best

It‘s probably the right choice to venture even more outside the Picross name with Nintendo seemingly hard to work with for any collaboration with them.

someone on steam asked about mega mode being in the game, and this is jupiter's answer
The creation of "Mega Mode" wasn't solely attributed to the power of Jupiter. Therefore, we cannot solely decide to include "Mega Mode" in the Steam version application.
As such, there are no plans for its implementation.
Please understand.
Thank you for your interest!
However, I cannot discuss "Mega Mode" as there are confidentiality obligations.
Please understand!

i guess that means they don't own the rights to it and it's owned by nintendo? that would explain why we don't really see it in any of the other nonogram games on pc or mobile.

It's surreal seeing a studio I grew up with prepping a Kickstarter.

I wonder how they'll roll this out. There have been a few big Kickstarter successes out of Japan like Elin, and it'll be interesting to see how much traction Logiart can gain. I don't know of any precedent for this kind of puzzle game on KS, but I also don't go looking for them there.

Making a new Pokémon Pinball would probably fund the studio for the next 10 years

(Srsly please make a new one)

i think maybe they were banking on the steam early access being more successful. maybe they're using the kickstarter to get some funds to port the game to switch or maybe other platforms.

I do wonder if they've perhaps hit a wall of what picross can sell on Switch and they're finding themselves in trouble; I suppose you can only push so many games before people get tired, and between the 3DS and Switch, they're almost at 30 different picross games in a bit over a decade, which... yeah, is filling the market.

I do wonder if they've perhaps hit a wall of what picross can sell on Switch and they're finding themselves in trouble; I suppose you can only push so many games before people get tired, and between the 3DS and Switch, they're almost at 30 different picross games in a bit over a decade, which... yeah, is filling the market.
maybe. i assume the S games keep selling well but you can't really expand your audience by just doing the same thing over and over.

as a studio tho i'm not really worried about them because they've worked on some successful fitness games recently (fitness boxing 1&2, fitness circuit)

i think maybe they were banking on the steam early access being more successful. maybe they're using the kickstarter to get some funds to port the game to switch or maybe other platforms.
This is my gut feeling as well. If that's what we end up getting from the Kickstarter, consider me a backer.

kickstarter is live
the kickstarter is live

stretch goals:
472d6cee9c36e09e648d3ae67690b2d8_original.png

the kickstarter is live

stretch goals:
472d6cee9c36e09e648d3ae67690b2d8_original.png

That is a refreshingly small, smartly scoped out Kickstarter campaign. For those who haven't clicked it, their goal of 500,000 yen is around $3,375. They have a clear plan for release (ending early access in February, releasing on March 1 on Steam and Switch later), clear goals for the Kickstarter money (paying for localization, adding puzzles, and enhancing the presentation), and some fun digital rewards for hardcore fans that end up adding to the final product for everyone. I dig it, and I'll likely be backing this. Wonder what tier to do...

I already bought it early access on Steam but it would be pretty cool to have my name in a Jupiter Picross Logiart game. Hmm...

so the Switch version is not 100% sure/confirmed but will depend on the Kickstarter campaign?

so the Switch version is not 100% sure/confirmed but will depend on the Kickstarter campaign?
no, i don't think so. the switch version is coming, but the kickstarter seems to be going well enough and will be funded anyway.

It looks like it should reach the goal within a few hours. I was planning on supporting this, but I'd want a Switch code instead of a Steam one. I'll have to have a think about what I want to do if a Switch copy isn't an option.

they've reached all their stretch goals and have added two new bonus ones (which looks like they're gonna hit as well). really happy they've been successful in this kickstarter campaign and we're getting so many bonus puzzles and new features because of that

Is there anything exclusive to backers, or would waiting until the Switch version releases to buy it still get me the complete package?

Is there anything exclusive to backers, or would waiting until the Switch version releases to buy it still get me the complete package?
i don't think there's anything exclusive to the backers in the digital steam or eshop versions. some backers get to have their own puzzles in the game (plus their name in the credits) but those are available for everyone.

the kickstarted is ending in 2 days, they're very close to hitting the 300% goal

also there's a sale going on for all jupiter games on the eshop

the kickstarter campaign has successfully ended, with them getting 314% of their initial goal and reaching all stretch goals (including two bonus ones)

link
Hello backers, this is the “Logiart Grimoire” development team.

Thanks to your generous support, the campaign for “Logiart Grimoire” has successfully concluded! We received support from 301 backers!

In addition, we were able to achieve 314% of our goal, and we were able to reach all stretch goals.

Thanks to you, more users will be able to enjoy our game! Thank you very much!

ec0f67f02a83d457f9edebc4f8208343_original.png

looks like there's 15 additional wizards added to the game thanks to the backers, and i believe each one comes with a large (30x30 or 40x30) puzzle. overall 115 new puzzles have been added to the game. (link)

This wait is extra painful as a KS backer, I wish I could just have the early access version to play around with right now, I could buy it at any time! But I don't want to buy it twice, I already payed extra for rewards. I even asked and they confirmed they're not sending out keys until the full release.

This wait is extra painful as a KS backer, I wish I could just have the early access version to play around with right now, I could buy it at any time! But I don't want to buy it twice, I already payed extra for rewards. I even asked and they confirmed they're not sending out keys until the full release.
it's also weird that they didn't offer switch keys for people who want them. they probably would have been able to raise quite a bit more money if they did that, since most of their fans play their games on switch.

Beaten the game at some point of its early access and removing my yeah from the first reply to this thread.
If you're worried about crafting, it's definitely a low point of the game, but it helps break up the monotony of constant puzzles and is more of a puzzle itself, basically asking you to find a right Doodle God combination. Even if you're not into it, it's got a lot of hints, doesn't have any penalties for wrong answers (in fact, there are some hidden rewards for those who suck at it) and takes like 3 minutes to craft all the puzzles of the batch.

It's a great time and I recommend it. Very charming game.

Beaten the game at some point of its early access and removing my yeah from the first reply to this thread.
If you're worried about crafting, it's definitely a low point of the game, but it helps break up the monotony of constant puzzles and is more of a puzzle itself, basically asking you to find a right Doodle God combination. Even if you're not into it, it's got a lot of hints, doesn't have any penalties for wrong answers (in fact, there are some hidden rewards for those who suck at it) and takes like 3 minutes to craft all the puzzles of the batch.

It's a great time and I recommend it. Very charming game.
that's good to know. yeah i was worried after the first trailer made it seem like crafting is part of the game but it's just some silly riddles to unlock more picross puzzles, it doesn't seem like a big part of the game.

a question, of the original 280 puzzles, how many are large (as in larger than 15x15), would you say?

that's good to know. yeah i was worried after the first trailer made it seem like crafting is part of the game but it's just some silly riddles to unlock more picross puzzles, it doesn't seem like a big part of the game.

a question, of the original 280 puzzles, how many are large (as in larger than 15x15), would you say?
There are a ton of puzzles and I believe at least half if not more go from 15x15 to 30x40 at max (if I recall right?)
The sorta-open catalogue system also means you'll get to them quick as opposed to few games that need you to solve 5x5 and 10x10 for like the first hour.

Back
Top Bottom