• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Jujutsu Kaisen Cursed Clash announced for Switch, Xbox, PS, and PC

HockeyBird

Villager
Pronouns
He/Him

Introducing the next anime arena fighter from Bandai Namco. 2V2 will be the main focus for the game.

Jujutsu Kaisen actually fits the arena fighter genre like a glove, so I might actually get this one on a sale. Just give me Maki, Nanami and Okkotsu.

Looks....like a generic area fighter.
It will have its audience, but I'm curious if it's doing anything different outside of the different coat of color

i donno why we don't get more action rpgs with these anime to game adaptions, just seems like the perfect genre people would want. fighters have been overdone like crazy for them

One day some dev will crack the 3D arena fighter code and make a fun competitive game that wont be dead in a week. This game is very much not it.

One day some dev will crack the 3D arena fighter code and make a fun competitive game that wont be dead in a week. This game is very much not it.
I don't really follow the "anime games" scene much, but I've heard that My Hero One's Justice 2 is one of the most competitively viable of these arena fighters and that one just happens to be developed by the same devs as this, so maybe it could be?

i donno why we don't get more action rpgs with these anime to game adaptions, just seems like the perfect genre people would want. fighters have been overdone like crazy for them
Just today we got Infinity Strash DQ The Adventures of Dai. Unfortunately it seems like it isn't that great. But yeah, overall I agree - just make a solid action game that follows the story or maybe has an original story and call it a day, not every game needs a PVP mode with dozens of characters that play almost identically.

Unfortunately from what I see on twitter, most anime fans want the games to just be filled with fanservice and let you play with hundreds of characters from the series and fight with them, so I can't really blame the devs for focusing on making simplistic arena fighters.

I don't really follow the "anime games" scene much, but I've heard that My Hero One's Justice 2 is one of the most competitively viable of these arena fighters and that one just happens to be developed by the same devs as this, so maybe it could be?
I can vouch for My Hero One's Justice 2. ıt's the most fun brawler I've ever played. Quirks and finishers work as intended, the stages you play are completely destructible. It's the only anime brawler that I bought all the DLC fighters for.

Coming on February 24th:

Wonder which volume the game will have the story mode up to. I just finished 10.

Back
Top Bottom