• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Politics Janet Protasiewicz wins Wisconsin Supreme Court election, giving Liberals 4-3 majority. This is a very big deal.

WestEgg

King of the Krocs
Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

This is likely the most important election in the US this year. Wisconsin's Supreme Court has long been republican held, and the state, despite generally breaking blue in the presidential election, is one of the most gerrymandered in the country, keeping it firmly in GOP control. This election is considered consequential for a number of reasons, including the battle for abortion rights and trans protections, but perhaps most important is it the protection of election integrity in a key state for the 2024 election.

Well done, Wisconsin, and well done especially to Gen Z for your strong turn out!

Are we tired of winning yet?
Well, let's not get too excited. Senate looks to have a 2/3 supermajority for Republicans, and they seem intent on attempting to impeach her.

Whether they have that power or not I've seen mixed messages, but I'm not gonna get ahead of myself yet.

Back
Top Bottom