• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion It's been 3 weeks since release: how many hours do you have in Tears Of The Kingdom?

yet another TOTK thread

• 0 - I have the game but haven't even turned it on!

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 5-25

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • 30-50

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • 55-75

Votes: 30 15.6%
  • 80-100

Votes: 45 23.4%
  • 105-125

Votes: 35 18.2%
  • 130-150

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • 155-175

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • 180-200

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • 200+ - wowzers!

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

Mekanos

おっす!
Pronouns
he/they
yesterday I crossed into 105, which means on average I've put 5 hours a day into the game since release. There was only one day where I didn't play the game, so that's still a pretty meaty average lol

90 hours. Finished the game story at around 75.
BOTW I finished at around 35/40, and ended up playing 150 hours.

90 hours. Finished the game story at around 75.
BOTW I finished at around 35/40, and ended up playing 150 hours.
I finished BOTW around 40 and played until 50. Great game but I wasn't particularly motivated to deviate from the critical path.

TOTK I finished at 90, and I would guess at least 30 of those hours are just exploring and doing sidequests. Working towards all Shrines gradually, at 120 now.

"Only" 70h so far, currently doing sidequests and looking for caves/secrets. I finished it in about 50h and it took me another 10h to get all shrines and lightroots. BotW I finished at around the 70h mark and played for another 70h more for sidestuff as well as the DLC.

I feel like I had a more methodological approach with TotK so in comparison it almost felt like I rushed it. Nintendo needs to give me a (good) Master Mode for this game.

Between 35 and 40 hours according to my Switch. Think I'm gonna finish it quicker than I did botw because I'm leaning more towards following the main path this time round.

85. Two dungeons done, 60 shrines, a whole lot of the map still untouched.

110, main story completed so I don't get spoiled on anything. Ready to explore slowly for months to come until end of the year.

110, main story completed so I don't get spoiled on anything. Ready to explore slowly for months to come until end of the year.
This is what I was expecting to do but I'm finding it hard to pull myself away from the game even after beating the story. I keep saying, oh just one more Shrine, one more quest... I guess as long as I'm having fun no need to stop lol

I have 125 hours. I was playing on average like 12 hours a day in the week it came out like a true degenerate.

"95 or more" over here, planning to finish the main story this weekend but I've been having such a good time aimlessly exploring this last week, ever since finishing all but the very last story bit.
probably finished BOTW in half that time, but ended up with a total playtime somewhere in the low 200s (between two main playthroughs stretched out over years).

135 hours for me, I'm heading towards the final part of the main quest now having done all the Shrines and lit all of the Lightroots in the depths.

I still feel that i've got so much i still wanna explore

Just crossed 55 yesterday. I spent the first 20-30 hours mainly exploring, finding the towers for the map, and buffing up with shrines. Recently I've gotten deeper into the main story, but I want to hit all the main towns and get some more outfits before I finish. I feel like once I finish the main story, my motivation to play will go away, so I'm trying to drag it out a bit more.

One random side note: korok seeds didn't impact my play time at all in BotW, and they won't impact how long I play TotK. I think I've stumbled into 9. That's a part of these games I've never gotten into.

I'm at 105+. I'm loving it a lot.
Lately, I'm just wearing my Korok Mask walking around to places I've never been to. I love finding koroks and caves this late into the game.

I'm around 57-58, haven't played yet today though (work) so might hit 60 tonight. Averaging 20 hours/week on a game for me is crazy. I've done a lot of the main story, probably won't finish it this weekend as there's still a ways to go according to Fami. I've been kinda doing messing around / exploring during the week and story progression on the weekends.

I've still got another 3 weeks until FFXVI, want to have it mostly wrapped up by then as my 'main game'. I'm sure I'll be coming back to it many times through the year though.

Finished the story on Monday with 105 hours, and have dialed back on playing since, but I expect I’ll get more soon.

I landed at 175. Now I'm resting a bit from the game, as I'm sort of saving the last of the quests and caves for a second playthrough in a few months.

More than 100 at least. Two Dungeons down, did a lot of towers climbing, shrine mastering and depths diving instead of doing the main story,
I fell off Botw super hard around 30ish hours in but this game? IT JUST KEEPS ON PULLING ME IN. IT'S MADNESS!!

Sitting at 75, but I know I’m closer to 80 than 75 so that’s what I voted for. Will probably hit that eventually with some shrine cleanup, in any case.

Don’t think I’ll move past that bracket though, barring a full replay in the future. Not feeling much motivation to explore the rest of the Depths or do any more side quests.

I hit 75 hours today, but started 2 days after launch, so averaging 4 hours a day. Definitely on the high side for me and gaming. I've done 64 shrines, found 23 light roots, completed the geoglyphs, found 120 koroks, done a number of side quests, wells and caves, and 1 temple. I'm at Zora's Domain now though and will probably go straight to Death Mountain after that and wrap up the water and fire temples back to back.

20. Partially because I haven't been in a very gaming mood, but also partially because the game just hasn't grabbed me like I expected it to.

I only played for about 10 hours. I've done about 17 shrines and not much else. I'm busy at the moment.

A relative of mine has played about 65 hours, done 2 dungeons and he has done about 60 shrines (I think).

80, just 4 shrines left to be done with the game. Story, side adventures/quests, geoglyphs, Addisons and depths are complete. Only thing I didn't do is the stupid Korok looking for his friend. It wasn't fun.

Between 25 and 30, approaching the first dungeon. I'm enjoying it but find myself gravitating towards Octopath Traveler II, which is at 45 hours.

Over 70 and only completed one dungeon. Time flies by when you play this game mayne

110 hours been finished for a few weeks now. Finished the main quest around 70ish and then focused on completing all side adventures, shrines and lightroots. I have about 70 side quests left but won’t touch them unless they end up doing DLC.

I'm at around 80-85 hours, just finished my second dungeon. It's great; it has some of the same problems as BotW, fixes some of them, and has a few of its own, but overall a great experience so far.

I have completed all four temples and I have 109 shrines, but I feel like I'm around 30-35% completion.
I mean I have only explore 30% of the depths, I have complete maybe half the quests, I have a shit tons of caves to find etc.
I take my time with it and I looooove to explore. I mostly walk from place to place instead of using a horse or a vehicle aerial or land (although I did make a sweet bike yesterday).

110 and probably finishing the story soon. I’m deciding if I want to finish the shrines before or after as I’ve got 25 left. Expecting to close it out around 130 or so hours I’d guess.

Compared to Breath of the Wild, my completion time was probably 80-90 hours when I’d done all the shrines.

My final Breath of the Wild time including DLC and Master Mode was 220 hours. Frankly I don’t see myself sinking time into DLC again if it’s as shit as the last one. This game is already the best extension of the base game that one could hope for.

Switch says 90 hours or more and I’m like 44% complete lol. Looking forward to continuing to be surprised by this game

105+ hours last I checked. All the shrines and lightroots are done and I believe I’m on the very last part of the main quest before Ganon. Once I do all of the side quests I want to do I’ll roll credits and walk away. Excited to join the spoiler thread soon to actually talk about this game. Ended up avoiding the ST since I wanted as little spoiled as possible.

My switch said I had over 90 hours in ToTK at the point I’d put it down. I’d finished the main quest, done all the sidequests that interested me and the big monster fights. About 90 shrines and thoroughly explored the overworld.

I still had a pile of the depths to explore. I had grown tired of the repetitive nature of the ‘carry the crystal’ shrine quests, and similarly the ‘get the korok to their friend’ thing, so was happy enough to leave those and the remaining sidequests that just didn’t interest me at all (mostly around Hateno).

I just wanted my final memories of it to be of an amazing adventure where I loved every step (apart from grinding for dragon materials) rather than clearing up tasks that didn’t interest me as much.

What a huge, amazing game.

Hit 110 hours today… which means I’ve maintained my 5 hour a day average lol

had to pull myself away tonight to do other things

I got 15 hours as of now. Got it at launch too.

Not a fan of open world Zelda so I can’t find the need to go back. I think once I will. I’ll just go get the final boss. Do like that it’s still possible.

Rolled credits exactly three weeks after release - 120 hours.

That's... a lot of Zelda hours a day (helped by work being pretty quiet for me right now). To be fair I don't do this a lot with games, last time I can remember was probably BOTW.

I crossed 80 yesterday, which officially puts it on the top shelf of the most-played Switch games screen.

I've still only done one dungeon and barely explored the Depths. I'm gonna play this game forever.

About 15 hours. Life is crazy busy with a one month-old baby and a two year-old toddler.

I’ve done about twenty shrines, been down to the depths twice I think, activated like five towers, and the last time I played I was just about to start the wind temple. I’ll get back to it eventually.. maybe when life calms down a bit. It’s a great game - it’s just way too big for me to handle right now.

I probably have the most time/least accomplished ratio in the entire thread which is what I was going for.

30 shrines or so, barely any side quests, zero temples, less than half the full map unlocked, barely any side quests

100 or so hours and had a blast the entire time. Much of my time has been being underpowered, building junk, trying to break the game, parrying everything in sight but ultimately getting slaughtered.

I'm estimating I'll get 600 hours out of this or so. Best game ever. Game of the forever. Why not?

Back
Top Bottom