• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour [Insider Gaming] PS5 Pro is in development and could release next year.

Switch pro could release in 2019 according to trusted inside sources alongside Twilight Princess and Wind Waker HD reportedly.

I wonder if it will get it's own elite controller with an even worse battery life, and a Psvr2 Pro that doesn't play PSVR2 games

I would definitely find humour in it if a ps5 pro launched before a switch 2, but given they've only just barely got over being able to make the regular ps5 in appropriate quantities, I'm very much skeptical.

We are barely starting to get a small steady stream of major PS5 / XSX only games this year and supply has just barely become decent. I want to know what these new boxes can actually do first before even thinking about a Pro version of either console so I’m rooting against whatever possibility this has here.

I'm fundamentally opposed to Pro console iterations due to the additional burden it puts on developers to account for even more SKUs, while leading to even less time being spend on optimising any single version.
While it's a nice option for those craving better performance and/or visuals, I can't help but feel it's to the detriment of basically everyone/everything else, be it devs or be it folks with base consoles.

Switch pro could release in 2019 according to trusted inside sources alongside Twilight Princess and Wind Waker HD reportedly.
I get what you're putting out, but what's wild is that just over a month ago, the idea of Metroid Prime Remastered was still seen by many as equally absurd.
Sony's prestige is all gone.
RGG Studio already made Lost Paradise and Lost Judgment. Now it's time for Lost Prestige. Yamanoi's low res jacket yet again cameos as a reused asset.

Just like with the PS4 to the PS4 Pro, we can generally guess pretty confidently that the PS5 Pro will have increased visuals, performance, and speeds. But as for leaked details, we’ll have to wait until a later date to release those.
Incredible insight.

Would be about 4 years since release so I can see it. I'd probably get one if it could get most major titles at 4k 60 and have some sort of 120fps mode an an alternative.

I get what you're putting out, but what's wild is that just over a month ago, the idea of Metroid Prime Remastered was still seen by many as equally absurd.

RGG Studio already made Lost Paradise and Lost Judgment. Now it's time for Lost Prestige. Yamanoi's low res jacket yet again cameos as a reused asset.
Yes but Metroid Prime Remastered has been rumored so many times by "trusted sources" and "insiders". Broken clock etc. PS5 Pro coming out in 2028 means the same people would say "plans change" or some nonsense to cover up.

Yes but Metroid Prime Remastered has been rumored so many times by "trusted sources" and "insiders". Broken clock etc. PS5 Pro coming out in 2028 means the same people would say "plans change" or some nonsense to cover up.
What I'm getting from this is that the solution is to just keep talking about it, and eventually, it has to happen.

And on that note, I'm getting a Bloodborne Remastered vibe while having my coffee on this fine morning. I wanna be that broken clock (Big Ben maybe, since Bloodborne has a UK inspired setting).

I don't believe this. It would be completely pointless. We've barely even tapped into the base model yet, and its specs definitely don't necessitate an upgrade

What would they even price this at? Imagine it actually releases and it's 600 US dollars all over again. No shot they price drop the original by then

What I'm getting from this is that the solution is to just keep talking about it, and eventually, it has to happen.

And on that note, I'm getting a Bloodborne Remastered vibe while having my coffee on this fine morning. I wanna be that broken clock (Big Ben maybe, since Bloodborne has a UK inspired setting).

You know in case of a PS5 Pro you wouldn't get Bloodborne Remastered. But Last of Us Part 2 Enhanced Edition.

... and GTA V.

PS5 itself is still functionally a PS4 Pro Pro for most of the people who own one and actually play games on it, so the idea of a PS4 Pro Pro Pro is funny

Bloodborne sounds very immersive and deep. Unparalleled in quality. Hope bloodborne remaster costs 200 euros.

Iirc PS4 Pro took the launch price of PS4 when it launched. If that repeats, i don't see them using the lower price of PS5 Digital Edition.

Hmm. I think this is a different Sony from the PS4 era now. I think they'll be pretty confident with their pricing but we shall see I guess.

I bought a PS4 Pro for Bloodborne and a Blu Ray Player, I'll buy a PS5 Pro in three years for Demons Souls REmake and UHD Player. :)

Hardware speculation and rumors has never been more tiresome than it is right now, I used to enjoy following the discourse but man has it grown old on me very fast.
iu

What's the price going to be for this thing? 600? More? Or start at 550 and then bump it up to 600?
#4theplayers

Iirc PS4 Pro took the launch price of PS4 when it launched. If that repeats, i don't see them using the lower price of PS5 Digital Edition.

The PS5 Pro will be a psi-op. It will be impossible to find in stores but the PS5 will go back to its original launch price making people think they are getting a discount

Yet still, not a single next Gen title looks visually better than Ps4 games like Ghosts of Tsushima and Last of Us Part 2.

We haven't even see the true potential of the PS5, and they want to put out a Pro?

Yet still, not a single next Gen title looks visually better than Ps4 games like Ghosts of Tsushima and Last of Us Part 2.

We haven't even see the true potential of the PS5, and they want to put out a Pro?

They think their diehard fans will have enough budget by then again after buying their PSVR2's now. ;D

wtf could a pro even add? what would be the point? wouldn't it be like $700?

I would definitely find humour in it if a ps5 pro launched before a switch 2, but given they've only just barely got over being able to make the regular ps5 in appropriate quantities, I'm very much skeptical.
I said this a long time ago as a real possibility. It is what it is at this point.

As consoles becomes more like PCs and backward/forward compatibility becomes standard, I expect new hardware every four years from Sony and Microsoft. It makes sense to pump out more powerful systems if it works out from a fabrication standpoint and value standpoint.

Threads like these are basically "Sony bad" all the time. Let them do their pro model four years after launch? Let them do their handheld if they want to? lol
I've owned every Sony console, and consider myself more of a PlayStation first guy, in a general sense. I've got no reason to mindlessly hate, I just don't think we need a PS5 Pro quite yet. I've hardly gotten enough use out of the base model, personally.

(I know you weren't talking to me specifically, to be clear. Just offering my perspective as one of many.)

I've learned my lesson the first time around; the only winning move in the hardware speculation game is to not play.

I still planned on waiting to get a PS5 Pro anyways before this news, so my actions remain unchanged.

Wouldn't be better to exploit the actual programming power at full, before jumping into the "pro" train, Sony? 'cause so far the next gen hans't been SO NEXT imho
Yeah. There have definitely been a few standouts like demons souls, returnal, and ratchet, but games like that have been few and far between. Cross gen, and covid definitely knee capped this generation. Not to say games like horizon forbidden west, and god of war ragnarok dont look amazing, but if you look past the graphics, you can see the sacrifices that had to be made to compensate for the ps4. Particularly in things like loading. God of war was filled with crawl spaces and squeeze through’s, and i dont believe that all of those were only to help with pacing like that popular tweet says.

Back
Top Bottom