• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Inside the House of Indies: Holiday Day (Dec 19- 23). Basically 5 days of mini Indie Directs

-Vampire Survivors
I suspect this has a timed exclusivity on Xbox. It's also absent from Playstation.

Aside Sports Story, I think we'll get a Devolver game drop, something they could have saved for the last show. Trek to Yomi or Weird West?

18 minutes until a single video saying Sports Story is out now.

I'm kidding, we may not even get it today and I'm pre-emptively preparing myself D:

LEEEEEEEEEEET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO with sports story

Edit it also has regional prices unlike the first one!

Last edited:
Just one drop today??? I have bought at least one game for each of 4 showing but this final one I'm left empty handed. Absolutely no interest in that Sports Story game.

Dust & Neon and Undying looked pretty cool though. Undying looks like a low poly Walking Dead the Game.

Sports Story! The wait is finally over!

I don't play many Roguelites, but I really like how Dust & Neon looks, so I'll likely pick it up.

I am a game that is coming out today,

But I'm not just any game, oh no, not at all.

I am a game of survival, set in the night,

Where creatures of the darkness give you a fright.

I am on a console that you can hold in your hands,

But I'm not just on one, I'm on many brands.

I am a game that's full of mystery and fear,

But if you're brave enough, you'll persevere.

So if you want to find me, and join in on the fun,

Look for the console that's not just for one.

I am portable and versatile, and I'll be waiting there,

For you to join the game and show that you don't scare.
what was up with this lol

Undying looks really good. A ‘sad mum’ game? :D I like the idea that you aren’t just teaching your kid about combat, but food/survival too.

Roguelike shooters aren’t my thing but Dust and Neon’s art direction is really cool.

Sports Story out today- awesome.

More info on Sea of Stars is always welcome, one of my most anticipated for 2023.

I really like this format for indies in the run up to Christmas- it gives them each time in the spotlight, whereas with a longer direct I often struggle to remember them. I hope they do it again next year!

Last edited:
The prophecy comes true! Sports Story is out! Buying it now but I won’t get to play it for a while. Still stoked for it!

Nice to see Mitsuda talk about Sea of Stars, that’s another lovely game I’m looking forward to.

Now I need to peruse the Indie World holiday sale and see if there’s any amazing bargains

Just one drop today??? I have bought at least one game for each of 4 showing but this final one I'm left empty handed. Absolutely no interest in that Sports Story game.

Dust & Neon and Undying looked pretty cool though. Undying looks like a low poly Walking Dead the Game.

Bro. Sports Story is the crown jewel of this whole thing and might end up the best indie game of the year.

I’ll be picking up Sports Story this weekend for sure. The five days of mini videos was a cool little idea! I had a lot of fun following along.

Sea of Stars looks so good

also Sports Story, as all hoped and dreamed!

I uh still haven’t played Golf Story so I’ll have to give them both a go

Back
Top Bottom