• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Inside the House of Indies: Holiday Day (Dec 19- 23). Basically 5 days of mini Indie Directs

Really like this format, it’s fun and gives the games more room to breathe. By the end of most indie worlds I don’t remember more than one or two games, this breaks things up nicely.

I like to think they’re just trying to shake things up and see if this kind of “Direct” works out.

Punchuin came out of nowhere! Already looking like a silly interesting mashup of gameplay mechanics, which is totally up my alley.
I'm so thrilled to see what's in store for today.

I wish this thing could become a weekly date, at least. After all, many games have been inconsistently dropped on the eShop so far, let them keep doing it with more style!

Liked The Captain the most but everything from day 2 seems pretty cool tbh. I'll buy The Captain tonight and give it a try if the price is good. I'm a junky for space adventures.

Potion Craft - Spring 2023
Sonority - Available Today
Tin Hearts - 2023
Sail Forth - Available today

Yeah nothing for me this time, still holding out hope for a Weird West and Vampire Survivors reveal this week.

Sail Forth??? Man it was announced like ages ago, I had given up on it. Quite a nice surprise.

Also Potion Craft really is fun game as the accolades in the trailer said. It was actually one of my "predicted games" for this holiday reveals. Along with Potionomics.

Not really much in this one, Potion Craft looks kinda cool and I've heard good things from the PC release.

Still waiting for that Sports Story drop and/or not drop before I spend any money this week.

As mentioned above too, Vampire Survivors would be great. I've played it on Xbox and mobile and it rocks, but neither platform is really where I want to play it, waiting for that Switch version.

Sail Forth??? Man it was announced like ages ago, I had given up on it. Quite a nice surprise.

Also Potion Craft really is fun game as the accolades in the trailer said. It was actually one of my "predicted games" for this holiday reveals. Along with Potionomics.

Indeed was announced by Nintendo in 2019.

Melatonin is basically a funkier Rhythm Heaven, I love it.

Afterimage has an amazing art style. Seems to be an action platformer. Maybe even a Metroidvania?

Hyper Gunsport is a great arcade concept.

I'm getting Lethal League Blaze vibes from Hyper Gunsport.

Loved the variety on show today. Definitely keen on Melatonin and Afterimage.

Imagine if they saved all the heavy hitters for tomorrow
Outer Wilds
Sports Story
Silksong

Outer Wilds
Sports Story
Silksong
tbf Sports Story was dated for this month

Outer Wilds
Sports Story
Silksong
zero chance but it’s nice to dream… at this point I’m no longer expecting outer wilds til whatever the next switch hardware is tbh

really surprised by the caliber of the announcements & releases in this series so far! some shockingly big stuff for what seem like pretty low-promotion youtube videos. psyched to see Hyper Gunsport in particular today, Necrosoft is such a cool studio

Definitely same. Do we have a list of upcoming metroidvanias or a thread about it? I'm a bit behind on what's coming out soon (other than Silksong).
Unsure if there’s a thread but I think someone here recently linked me to this which I found a really cool watch!

Off the top of my head-
The Last Faith
Mandragora
Vernal Edge
9 Years of Shadows all look good.

From the video above, I also liked the look of-
Elderand
The crown stones: mirrah
Rubi the wayward Mira
Elderand
Heart forth Alicia

So yeah, there’s tons on the way

Sports Story fans at 11:59 tomorrow:
sweating-nervous.gif

Silksong fans at anytime of the day:
200w.gif

I am a game that is coming out today,

But I'm not just any game, oh no, not at all.

I am a game of survival, set in the night,

Where creatures of the darkness give you a fright.

I am on a console that you can hold in your hands,

But I'm not just on one, I'm on many brands.

I am a game that's full of mystery and fear,

But if you're brave enough, you'll persevere.

So if you want to find me, and join in on the fun,

Look for the console that's not just for one.

I am portable and versatile, and I'll be waiting there,

For you to join the game and show that you don't scare.

Everyone's hyped about Sports Story and Silk whatever and I'm here praying for a Steamword Headhunter reveal trailer. Steamworld's debut in 3D will be glorious!

Everyone's hyped about Sports Story and Silk whatever and I'm here praying for a Steamword Headhunter reveal trailer. Steamworld's debut in 3D will be glorious!
I didn't even know that was a thing that existed, but I love the SteamWorld games (especially Dig and Heist) so now I am hyped too.

I am still hoping we'll get a sequel for Heist eventually.

Back
Top Bottom