• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Inside the House of Indies: Holiday Day (Dec 19- 23). Basically 5 days of mini Indie Directs

holy cow that new Arbitrary Metric game……I guess it’s a new version of a half-finished humble monthly game they did a few years ago but I’d never heard of it—looks sick

some details in this twitter thread:

Really cool idea! I do like it when we get surprises from their usual marketing cycles like this.

Floppy Knights looks fun, I might check it out.

Oh, wow, that's an unexpected and pleasant surprise.

Sports Story has got to be in there somewhere, which means it will be my Christmas game.

nice! this is great, maybe the 5th day can end with you know what shadow dropping...
Right. It's Silksong time baby.

cursed-troll-face-troll-face.gif

nice! this is great, maybe the 5th day can end with you know what shadow dropping...
Agreed, except I don't think it would be a shadowdrop cause no devs wanna work over the holidays.

Still, I'd love to get that sweet, sweet release date.

My brain just made me remember that Outer Wilds could be in here as well. I know it's a small probability, but now I can't shake the hype. Damn it!

would be great to get an update on this

This and Loco Motive are two indie games nearly nobody talks about but that I am dying to hear from again. Oh, add Oxenfree 2 to that list.

I've been waiting for Floppy Knights and Pupperazzi to come to Switch the moment they were revealed and shadowdrop for Floppy Knight out of nowhere is a really nice surprise! From the same artist who did Dicey Dungeons (Disney/CN hire this person pls). So bought.
Was Mortal Shell any good?
Played on Game Pass a little and yeah, it's a legitimate Souls clone. A little bit too similar but that's not a bad thing. Downloading the Switch version right now to see how it runs.

This and Loco Motive are two indie games nearly nobody talks about but that I am dying to hear from again. Oh, add Oxenfree 2 to that list.
which is surprising considering how loved sayonara wild hearts was when it came out. it was on so many end of the year lists. i think most people don't know it's from the same dev.

Played on Game Pass a little and yeah, it's a legitimate Souls clone. A little bit too similar but that's not a bad thing. Downloading the Switch version right now to see how it runs.
Please post your impressions! I may bite if it runs well.

i think most people don't know it's from the same dev.
I didn’t know and I loved Year Walk and Device No. 6.

Was Mortal Shell any good?
ACG has a great review of it on Youtube. Basically gets the Souls combat right and has its own neat gimmicks, but the scope is smaller (understandably) and the map design is not nearly as tight

On the 5th day of Christmas, Nintendo gave to me:
The release date for Sports Story!

I'm so late to this D:

This has gotta end with a Sports Story shadowdrop. If not, then that's fine too.

I'm interested in Floppy Knights, but I've seen some very mixed reviews. Does anybody know if 2.0 is a major improvement?

ACG has a great review of it on Youtube. Basically gets the Souls combat right and has its own neat gimmicks, but the scope is smaller (understandably) and the map design is not nearly as tight

I remember the game being advertised as light version of Dark Souls. I think the devs deliberately wanted to make a condensed version of Dark Souls that be beaten in a relatively short amount of time.

Please post your impressions! I may bite if it runs well.
Half an hour in, it actually does run quite well. Only 1-2 chugs I've noticed but overall locked 30fps with dynamic resolution (I think). Don't know if the game has busier levels later on.
If this is the kickoff, curious to see what else is in store
All four announcements for the first day were quite big, all deserve a opener/closer reveal for a Indie World, especially Roman Sands.

Can't wait to see tomorrows announcements and I'm getting my wallet ready for more shadow drops. Fingers crossed for The Pathless and/or Trek to Yomi.

I've been waiting for Floppy Knights and Pupperazzi to come to Switch the moment they were revealed and shadowdrop for Floppy Knight out of nowhere is a really nice surprise! From the same artist who did Dicey Dungeons (Disney/CN hire this person pls). So bought.

Wait, are we getting a Pupperazi port?!

Day 2

The Gecko Gods
The Captain - Out Now
Risk of Rain Returns
The Punchuin - Out Now

Last edited:
the gecko gods is something I've been seeing on twitter, and still looks great

the captain looks ace and a shadow drop it seems

The Captain has a positive rating on steam and the premise is interesting. I'll need to see more though so hopefully there will be more impressions

Love this format, but wonder why Nintendo is going through what would, essentially, be a whole Indie world in the middle of December? Maybe because so many of these are stocking stuffer games, things you can spend your gift card on, or impulse buy.

But it's also the first time I've seen a Nintendo presentation with a typo.

"For more informtation..."

But it's also the first time I've seen a Nintendo presentation with a typo.

"For more informtation..."
ah ha! there's out clue! nintendo is in a panic if they are making mistakes like this. but are they panicking for? we must get to the bottom of this

wonder why Nintendo is going through what would, essentially, be a whole Indie world in the middle of December
I like to think they’re just trying to shake things up and see if this kind of “Direct” works out.

Punchuin came out of nowhere! Already looking like a silly interesting mashup of gameplay mechanics, which is totally up my alley.

Back
Top Bottom