• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

TV In a continuing trend of works quietly being pulled from streaming, Paramount+ has removed Big Nate and the Rugrats reboot (update: 10 shows)

WestEgg

King of the Krocs
Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

Paramount has seemingly written off ‘BIG NATE’ and the ‘RUGRATS’ reboot.Both shows have been removed from Paramount+ and their existence has been completed wiped from the Nickelodeon website

While I had not seen either of these shows and am not a Paramount+ subscriber, it sucks to see this trend continuing beyond just Warner Bros. and David Zaslov.

Weirdly enough I was just thinking about the Rugrats reboot earlier and how it came and went with zero buzz. Streaming numbers must have been dire.

I only use (my friend's) Paramount Plus to stream Star Trek, otherwise it seems like it has a pretty lousy library all in all.

I only followed the Rugrats reboot by watching Jordan Fringe's videos on Youtube about them over a year ago. They made some interesting choices with that one.

Just a couple days ago I saw a post from an animator who worked on that show displaying the work they did on it, and they had even brought back the original studio Klasky Csupo to head it up. Seemed like they were trying to do something good and be proud of it. Shit.

Looks like the Blue's Clues spin-off is also gone? Some other shows as well.

I only followed the Rugrats reboot by watching Jordan Fringe's videos on Youtube about them over a year ago. They made some interesting choices with that one.
Can you elaborate? I'm curious.

I honestly forgot the Rugrats reboot was even out, but I remember people talking positively about Big Nate when it dropped.

If memory serves, some other shows that were removed from Paramount+ did get DVD/Blu-Ray releases so there's a chance these aren't completely banished to the Shadow Realm, but... this still sucks, honestly. The Streaming Future: where media can simply disappear without warning and there's no legal means to obtain it.

10 Nickelodeon shows pulled from Paramount+ New

The list includes the Blue’s Clues revival Blue’s Clues & You! (2019), Are You Afraid of the Dark? (2019-2022), It’s Pony (2020-2022), Middlemost Post (2021-2022), Ollie’s Pack (2020), Ryan’s Mystery Playdate (2019-2023), Santiago of the Seas (2020), That Girl Lay Lay (2021-2024) as well as the made-for-Paramount+ Big Nate (2022) and Rugrats (2021), a reboot of the popular original series, which ran from 1991 to 2004..

Looks like it's more than just Rugrats and Big Nate.

That was indeed a nice show.

Is everyone here too young to remember when shows aired once on TV then never came back unless they were really popular?
I remember that being the main reason I swore off Saturday morning cartoons back in the day because I used to miss episodes of Pokemon or Earthworm Jim and they never aired reruns of those sorts. Then Cartoon Network came bundled in our cable package, and I never looked back on rerunless Saturday morning shows.

There's a good chance these are being sold to Netflix, as it happened with Star Trek Prodigy

Back
Top Bottom