• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club I Rick Rolled my entire middle school

Maronic03

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/Him
In our middle school, teachers can occasionally choose a song to be used for the school bell. I got the authorization to put a section of "Never gonna give you up", so I did it.

That's it, that's the whole story, have a good day.

I have a similar story!!! OK so this was the late 00’s, my friend and I were convinced we were gonna play Never Gonna Give You Up over the school’s PA system. This was like, the height of Rickrolling’s popularity. This was also the era of those Flip Cameras and we had one so we were gonna play it while all the students were in the hallway so we could record their reactions. We tried to get the school’s secretary to let us use the PA but she was absolutely adamant we could not do it. So we asked the extremely scary vice principal and she wasn’t having any of it. So… we went straight to the principal. While most of the school staff was scary, the principal was actually the nicest dude in the world and was down for a lot of stuff. We asked for permission, we got permission. The one thing: we weren’t allowed to record anything on school grounds. We were allowed to do the prank but we couldn’t take video. Well, we were gonna record it anyway. So my friend gets on the PA, says “Excuse me. We have a very important message for all students:“ and played the song out of the CHEAPEST speaker in the world, into the microphone of the PA system. I was in the hallway, camera out ready to record, and when the song started, I turn around with camera out and who’s there? Principal. Staring directly at me. And as Rick Astley is playing over the school’s PA, surrounded by absolutely confused students (turns out basically no one other than very online dorks knew what was going on) I am getting the absolute scariest staredown I’ve ever gotten. But then, when the first verse kicks in: THE PRINCIPAL STARTS SINGING AND DANCING ALONG

You know, I actually still have the video. I’ve uploaded it, privately. Take a look:
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

story is fake lol

Are you in middle school
I'm a teacher, in case you're actually thinking I'm a middle schooler.

Edit: In retrospect maybe I should have pretented to be a middle schooler, just to mess with you for a bit.

Last edited:
I have a similar story!!! OK so this was the late 00’s, my friend and I were convinced we were gonna play Never Gonna Give You Up over the school’s PA system. This was like, the height of Rickrolling’s popularity. This was also the era of those Flip Cameras and we had one so we were gonna play it while all the students were in the hallway so we could record their reactions. We tried to get the school’s secretary to let us use the PA but she was absolutely adamant we could not do it. So we asked the extremely scary vice principal and she wasn’t having any of it. So… we went straight to the principal. While most of the school staff was scary, the principal was actually the nicest dude in the world and was down for a lot of stuff. We asked for permission, we got permission. The one thing: we weren’t allowed to record anything on school grounds. We were allowed to do the prank but we couldn’t take video. Well, we were gonna record it anyway. So my friend gets on the PA, says “Excuse me. We have a very important message for all students:“ and played the song out of the CHEAPEST speaker in the world, into the microphone of the PA system. I was in the hallway, camera out ready to record, and when the song started, I turn around with camera out and who’s there? Principal. Staring directly at me. And as Rick Astley is playing over the school’s PA, surrounded by absolutely confused students (turns out basically no one other than very online dorks knew what was going on) I am getting the absolute scariest staredown I’ve ever gotten. But then, when the first verse kicks in: THE PRINCIPAL STARTS SINGING AND DANCING ALONG

You know, I actually still have the video. I’ve uploaded it, privately. Take a look: * Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

story is fake lol
God dammit LMAO

This story reminds me at that time in my highschool days when I meet a Famiboard mod in real life.

I saw this mod in grocery store in Los Angeles . I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off.

When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Nintendo 64 games in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the games and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “because some AAA games cost different ,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each game and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I vaguely remember someone doing something like this at my middle school. It was when Rickrolling was new since the video was less than a year old.

You know, I actually still have the video. I’ve uploaded it, privately. Take a look: * Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

story is fake lol
Holy shit you madman

Back
Top Bottom