• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Hunter×Hunter Nen×Impact [Eighting | 3v3 2D Fighting Game | PS5 / Switch / PC] Latest News: Demo at EVO Japan

MondoMega

Puffball Enthusiast
Pronouns
She/They
After a vague announcement in December and a brief teaser trailer in January we now have slightly more info on the upcoming Hunter X Hunter fighting game! The actual genre (2D fighter), the platforms (PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch and Steam), and that it will be available to play at EVO Japan next month.

I’m pretty confident there isn’t an existing thread on this game here, but with a tangible deadline for gameplay to be revealed now feels like the time to make one.

NOT an arena fighter? I'm pleasantly surprised. Excited to see who makes it into the roster. My out-there picks would be Mizaistom and Beans.

Also since the genie is feeling generous today, might as well throw out my wish for an RPG based on Greed Island. Or even just something inspired by it. Please!

This not being an Arena Figter makes me actually interested in the game, great news!

It shouldn't really surprise but so much. Even if it wasn't "pure 2D", the most I was expecting was something more like Naruto: GNT/Clash of Ninja or Bloody Roar.

Now, bring on that quality 8ing jank that I'm always here for!

I want people to keep in mind that Bushiroad does not fund the development of big games, so I wouldn't go into this expecting FighterZ level of quality.

That saying, still happy its a 2D fighter. Want to see more.

The fact that they had Leorio (he's truth) in the trailer instantly makes me 200% more interested in the game.

It's hard for me to get invested in HxH again since I really don't think it will be finished... but a 2D fighting game by Eighting with acess to such a great roster of characters could be an absolute all timer. We still haven't had a team fighter as good as their last one since their last one. Way more exciting to me than ArcSys.

I want people to keep in mind that Bushiroad does not fund the development of big games, so I wouldn't go into this expecting FighterZ level of quality.

That much should've been expected from that first trailer. They ain't getting Arc's help with the 3D models, this time.

That said, I actually anticipate a game that may be more mechanically interesting than the DFO game. I'll gladly take less high-fidelity models if it means a larger roster and more character mechanics to play with, along with some type of team mechanic.

I agree, being Eighting in charge, it could probably exceed those expectations, regarding their experience in more traditional ala MvC fighting games.

Fingers crossed

That much should've been expected from that first trailer. They ain't getting Arc's help with the 3D models, this time.

That said, I actually anticipate a game that may be more mechanically interesting than the DFO game. I'll gladly take less high-fidelity models if it means a larger roster and more character mechanics to play with, along with some type of team mechanic.
You would think, but I saw many responses from people expecting FighterZ levels for this game and that's just setting yourself up for disappointment. Bushiroad does not have the funding to do such a thing, they mainly create card game based video games and smaller rhythm games.

You would think, but I saw many responses from people expecting FighterZ levels for this game and that's just setting yourself up for disappointment. Bushiroad does not have the funding to do such a thing, they mainly create card game based video games and smaller rhythm games.
Agreed. If there's anything I dislike so much about this era, it's definitely the whole "Arc/CC2 creates anime games that look like this, so everybody should!", and it's like LOL no.

Mid-tier that just can look nice, or at least competent should definitely still have their place.

Gameplay Reveal; 16 Character Roster New
After so long since the announcement we finally have our first gameplay footage! You can definitely feel the budget in the presentation and animations, but it looks like it plays pretty similar to MvC3 lol; about the best I could've hoped for with the publisher (low budget projects) + developer (worked on MvC3) combo.

ii6Vpft.png

This looks like trash in the best way possible.
I can't wait to see the new most disgusting setups on any fighting game character.

Yeah, looks pretty rough on the animations department but I'm so in. Hope it's good either way.

Does anyone know what they did with Fujiwara Keiji (Leorio's VA)? He passed away a while ago, but in the gameplay footage it still sounds a lot like him. Did they just reuse sound clips from the anime or have another VA with a similar voice? Really hope it's not AI...

I'm still glad they went with a non-arena fighter. Hopefully the animations get polished up a little more, but as long as it's fun.

I kinda wish they'd gone more bonkers with the movesets though. Have Leorio use his suitcase and knife! Killua should be using his yoyos!

Saw a pretty funny Leorio not gonna sugarcoat it edit but can't find the tweet now .... remember to always save your tweets people 😭

I kinda wish they'd gone more bonkers with the movesets though. Have Leorio use his suitcase and knife! Killua should be using his yoyos!
They're just trying to be canon to the source material and have Leorio be overshadowed

Back
Top Bottom