• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion How is your physical health?

SeaBusCBus

Marth/Fox is 60/40
Anyone feeling good? Feeling bad? Training for anything?

I’ve got two half marathons coming up and then my first one scheduled for September. I’ve done a few halves, but I’m worried about the full.

What about you? Got anything cool going on? Experimenting with different diets? Interested to hear what different people are trying.

Uhhhhhh...

Ha...

Hahaha..

GI Issues, Neurological issues, random shoulder/back issues... stomach issues beyond just the GI issues...

Also psychological issues which affect my physical problems...

I'm a mess, haha...

IMG-1832.gif

But for real, I was getting back into shape last year then that mofo mental illness reared its ugly head again. I regained half the weight I lost (about 15 lbs) but have been very slowly losing it again. Not frustrated with the lack of progress or anything. At least I didn’t end up back at square one. I have to be in the right mindset to go full fit-fam-walking-chickpea. For now, I go on daily walks and my diet isn’t awful though I did make my own ice cream last week despite being one person eating all of that by myself. 🤷‍♀️

Otherwise, my sleeping habits are straight up terrible as evidenced by the fact that I’m typing this at 5:24 AM. I also have occasional late-30s back pain because I slept weirdly or bent over to pick up a piece of paper or [visible confusion]. If I can get my act together, I’ll try to do the Broad Street Run next year.*

*I say that every year.

Okay. Lost 7 pounds since Christmas. Just started working out since 2024. Looking forward to getting back on track.

41 year old male.

I have a BMI of 23, so I'm good there, but I struggle a lot with chronic pain so I can't exercise as much as I would like to. I try to go on two walks a day if I can. Having a dog helps. I take a lot of pain medication so I worry about my heart and liver, but I don't drink so luckily I haven't had issues there.

I've also had depression my whole life (and the pain definitely doesn't help in that regard) but it has largely been under control in no small part due to my amazing wife and kids.

Overall probably better than average for my age. Just trying to live life one day at a time.

Went into the hospital Thursday night pretty certain I was having some sort of cardiac episode: Turns out I've come down with some sort of chest infection that has led to an illness called Chostocondritis - essentially the tissue around my ribs has become inflamed and tender.

When it flares up, it means not only does it feel like there's a weight on my chest, but breathing in is physically painful. Mercifully it seems to flare up, then go back down again after a while, but it's definitely a repeating bastard that doesn't want to stop the party just yet.

On the plus side, they did ECG, X-ray and blood tests, and my heart and blood pressure all look good (I was initially worried this could be cardiac or blood pressure related).

On the downside, Chostocondritis can stick around up to 6-8 weeks (sometimes longer) and they can't prescribe anything to help it heal quicker. So just going to have to lump it out, and hope that some over the counter antiinflammatories help deal with the worst of the discomfort.

Look after your ribs, everyone. You don't know how much work they do for you

I recently walked about .4 miles to my grocery store to take advantage of a soda sale and walked with 3 full 12 packs back, in the rain no less. My arms were dead after, but I did pull it off.
I do not diet at all though.

Born with cerebral palsy. Recently broke my hand when a bus almost ran over me and being almost 40 years old.

I kinda still feel like I'm in good shape though? Even with a broken hand, I workout (back training). And I feel happy, even playing one handed 😁

I'm quickly getting back into the best shape of my life in a very long time. Last year with diet and light exercise I dropped 50 pounds. This year on top of dieting I now pay for 2x a week with a personal trainer and am going to the gym on my own basically every day of the week. I've lost another 10 pounds of fat and have far more energy than I've had in years. I did a fad diet about a decade ago and went from 260 -> 180, but I gained it all back and then some, plus I had no energy or strength. I'm back to 260 but feel so much better about myself.

Not very good. I gained a ton of weight for two years when I was glued to the couch, either gaming, doing game dev or doing job searching.

Been meaning to do something about it recently. No motivation to exercise much, but I'm starting to eat healthier.

Not very good. I gained a ton of weight for two years when I was glued to the couch, either gaming, doing game dev or doing job searching.

Been meaning to do something about it recently. No motivation to exercise much, but I'm starting to eat healthier.
I gained alot of weight from college from excess Drinking. I started to cut back like waaay back (I still drink like a couple beers at night but me and my roomate used to drink like half a handle of vodka a night each in college so its a far cry from where I was) and change my diet with no real excersize yet but just changing the diet is helping me lose alot. In the summer I go swimming in a lake near me like every day so that will be my excersize I loove to swim lol.

But yea diet is more than half the battle so as long as you keep that part up you can lose alot!

Back
Top Bottom