• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club how do you feel about toad?

toad?

• Total voters

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
Masthead_Toad.17345b1513ac044897cfc243542899dce541e8dc.9afde10b.png

neutral leaning towards positive, I think. Don't hate the little guy, but also not exactly one of my faves either. He's fine, gets the job done I guess

Default bog-standard Toad feels pretty bland, and I kinda wish he still sounded like he did in Mario Kart 64 rather than the raspy voice he's got nowadays. I've got slightly more affinity for non-standard designs like Toadette, Captain Toad, or any of the Toads in the early Paper Marios, but your normal blue vest red spotted Toad doesn't really do much for me

I'd never really thought about it, but now that I have, I find I'm completely indifferent

He could go away and I wouldn't miss him

I can't get into detail, but he knows what he did! Let's just say... the mushroom head is not all you think it is.

love him, tho. funny little fella

honestly not a fan. I don't dislike them in Paper Mario. I like them in Mario 64 and Luigi's Mansion. That's basically it.

Toad is my favorite character to play as in almost any capacity he is available to play as. Such a great friend and support person. He rules!!

Captain Toad? 8/10, a superior character even to Mario, as good as Princess Peach.

Toad? The one that hangs around the palace in palacial garb? It's an aristocrat. It's not very useful. Sometimes they're even royal guards, and ARGAB. 2/10

Captain Toad is the best thing they’ve done with the Toads. Otherwise they are just… there despite being playable since Super Mario 2 and Mario Kart on the SNES.

iB3eURE.jpeg

frankly, I try not to

Back
Top Bottom