• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Honkai Star Rail arrives on PS5 October 11th. (Update: Available Now!)

The Ps5 Version is a timed esclusive. Could we see a Switch 2 version coming at launch?
5jtf5ir2naob1.jpg

The Ps5 Version is a timed esclusive. Could we see a Switch 2 version coming at launch?
5jtf5ir2naob1.jpg

Good catch. I wonder why this was not in Genshin videos? Because they already announced Switch there, but here they cannot announce until that "limited time" is over? For a game like this with cross progression, I would like it on everything so I can just play when I feel like it on whatever I have on or near me.

Good catch. I wonder why this was not in Genshin videos? Because they already announced Switch there, but here they cannot announce until that "limited time" is over? For a game like this with cross progression, I would like it on everything so I can just play when I feel like it on whatever I have on or near me.
I guess there's no need for Genshin since it already has another console version announced? Either way, it's either coming to Switch 2 or Xbox in the future.

Now will the release of this on PS have a way for the new players to acquire the characters they've missed to catch up to the mobile release or do they just have to wait for reruns?

I guess there's no need for Genshin since it already has another console version announced? Either way, it's either coming to Switch 2 or Xbox in the future.

Yes. Since Honkai is turn-based and not open world like Genshin, hope they can get it working fine on Switch (1).

Now will the release of this on PS have a way for the new players to acquire the characters they've missed to catch up to the mobile release or do they just have to wait for reruns?

I think I read that they are doing reruns from October so maybe that's how?

I feel like people are getting carried away with this timed exclusive=switch 2 port at launch. (with 7R there's more of a discussion to be had about it shortening than anything)

HSR is a timed exclusive the same way some indies are a Switch timed exclusive, internal circumstances rather than external (i.e. money). So Sony, just like Nintendo, is slapping an exclusivity label on it as marketing.

The game isn't coming to Xbox because Hoyo doesn't deem it worth it, and it's not coming to Switch because... well they dropped PS4, no need to entertain a console that requires tons of optimization on top of being "dead" (as in needing to be supported for years and years when it's on its last legs).

That said, bring it to Switch 2 of course! PS5 for docked play and Switch on the go is a simple case of best of both worlds. Same for Genshin. Phones get hot when running games that demanding, and having a dedicated gaming device always beats the clunckyness of a phone without a controller.

Currently there are rumors of a Seele rerun (first limited character) so it seems like they are starting reruns. Best to wait until the 1.4 livestream in 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom